What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights target Top 4 spot

Petey

Juniors
Newcastle Knights coach Michael Hagan says he is confident the team will make a strong start to the 2004 National Rugby League competition, judging by the success of its off-season.

While the side was defeated by the Roosters in its first pre-season match last weekend, Hagan says he is happy with how the team performed without it key players.

He says he believes it is possible for the team to make the top four this season, considering its solid preparation during the past few months and the quality of its younger players.

"We've had the benefit of a good pre-season and players have worked a bit harder in the gym over the past 12 weeks, but I think we've also got a lot of young players that are 12 months older and they are stronger by virtue of time," he said.

"Unfortunately it's a slow process sometimes to get that component up to speed but, no, I was quite happy with the younger players and their strength against a very physical and formidable forward pack in the Roosters."

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/

Kaz

junior
I don't care who comes 1st.

I would like the Knights to come 2nd. :D

Risa

Bench
Kaz said:

I so know your reasoning for that LOL, cheeky bugger.

Think back to a time that the team in 2nd position won the comp. Roosters lost it last year and they were 2nd so I want them 2nd this year! :lol:

Kaz

junior
Risa said:
Kaz said:

I so know your reasoning for that LOL, cheeky bugger.

Think back to a time that the team in 2nd position won the comp. Roosters lost it last year and they were 2nd so I want them 2nd this year! :lol:

:shock:

So you are saying I have a motive for my kindness. :lol:

Remember in 2002 who was 2nd & who didn't make the GF.

Risa

Bench
Kaz said:
:shock:

So you are saying I have a motive for my kindness. :lol:

Remember in 2002 who was 2nd & who didn't make the GF.

Yes I remember all too well :cry:

I dont care where we finish in the top 8 as long as we are in awesome form... Dosnt matter where you finish, as long as you have all players on deck and are playing good footy with a will to win!

antonius

Coach
Dmac said:
Knights are no chance of top 4. They won't finish any better than sixth
Changed your mind mac, you've got us last in the top 8 thread? are you always this confused?

Doctor

Bench
Dare I state the obvious?
It all depends on injuries.

This time last year, with a full squad, the Knights had every reason to think they could win the premiership. But injuries play a large part, and so does the attitude that is required of teams when they find themselves without key players.

The Knights can win the competition - but:
* There are some very good sides going around now that have equally valid claims to the title.
* If their injury toll is anything like last year then you can pencil them in for 7th or 8th right now.

I'm not shedding any new light here - just trying to be realistic about our chances. That is, afterall, why tipsters get it so wrong in pre-season - you just never know how injuries will affect your team.

Latest posts