What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights to field NRLW side in 2021

aqua_duck

Coach
Shows why she was picked for the Commonwealth Games Rugby 7's side at just 17...would have liked to have seen her get more minutes at the tournament.

She has Joey level quality written all over her and is going to be a a poster child for promoting NRLW in the years to come...I hope the local corporates get in early to set her up with a secure financial income stream so that she becomes a 1 team player for her career at the Knights.
women's rugby 7s is a very high level, Emma Tonagato literally went straight from rugby 7s to Dally M medallist in her 1st year of NRLW.

PhilGould

Bench
A marquee contract offer from elsewhere can change things but both the Southwell sisters are as Newcastle as they come, doubt either will be looking to leave anytime soon. 7's will be the biggest threat with Jesse IMO and I think she'll probably bounce between the 2 sports for the foreseeable future.

aqua_duck

Coach
A marquee contract offer from elsewhere can change things but both the Southwell sisters are as Newcastle as they come, doubt either will be looking to leave anytime soon. 7's will be the biggest threat with Jesse IMO and I think she'll probably bounce between the 2 sports for the foreseeable future.
I wouldn't have an issue with her double dipping if the big 7s tournaments like comm games and Olympics aren't clashing with NRLW.

Nuke

Staff member
Perhaps our men's team being so awful is a part of our larger strategy to promote and dominate the womens league.
There's a taste of irony about this, if true, given the Knights NRLW team finished last season winless and dead last.

They did show more heart and promise than the men, mind you.