What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KNIGHTS TO MAKE OFFER TO LYON

Dragons Cross

Juniors
I hope the Knights sign Lyon, they deserve him after all the players they have developed and lost over the last few years.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
knights97 said:
The Knights will have a good enough backline anyway, with Seage, Quinn, Carmont, Gidley, Hall.... hang on, not as many as I thought. Oh well, as long as we don't get any injuries. I'd be happy with Lyon but I don't think the Knights can afford him.

How far has our backline slipped over the last few years. It wasn't that long ago we had:

1. O'davis
2. Albert
3. Gidley
4. Hughes
5. Macdougall

That backline is 10 times better then what we will have next year.

Nevcost

Juniors
bluesbreaker said:
Kiwi said:
Newcastle have a cashflow problem, they have asked for a loan to make player payments.

Guess thats what happens when they give it all to Johns.

I'd keep my mouth shut until Lockyer signs if I were a Broncos fan :).

Yes, we still have to sign Lockyer and yes he'll probabaly be our highest payed player. However Locky isn't talking up going to union and isn't greedy like a certain A. Johns and realises that if he asks too much, he won't be able to have the calibre of team mates that he has at the Broncos.

Redback71

First Grade
i wish he would come back to us

1/ mckinnon
2/ burt
3/ tahu
4/ lyon???
5/ grothe
6/ dykes???
7/ witt???

bluesbreaker

Bench
Hahaha, yeah, he's not greedy, yet he's the highest paid player!

As I said, keep your mouths shut until Lockyer signs. _if_ he's paid any less than Johns, then you have a leg to stand on.

Kiwi

First Grade
MC DUI said:
ibeme said:
Kiwi said:
Newcastle have a cashflow problem, they have asked for a loan to make player payments.

Guess thats what happens when they give it all to Johns.

This happens to Newcastle every year. There's nothing wrong with it. They don't have a leagues club to provide cash flow, so they always borrow towards the end of the season to make final player payments etc, then pay it back early in the next season when the cash starts flowing again.

Exactly right ibeme, Newcastle get most of their income from us Knights supporters attending games etc. so if crowds are down it can really hurt.

Hopefully even if the Knights are going through a rough couple of years the supporters keep turning up because the club needs us.

As for this Lyon dribble, get real he isn't going to sign with the Knights we have absolutely zero room to move under the cap.

Then why don't the idiots start a leagues club, with the so called strong support they have the only reason it would fail is poor managment.

macavity

Referee
Answered your own question Kiwi.

Plus there is unfortunately nowhere logical for it to go.

The largest club in Newcastle (Wests Leagues, its almost Penrith-size....) is a short walk from EAS, and otherwise the population is spread out. Panthers owns the old Worker's club, and otherwise clubs are struggling. The club they DID buy was out in the suburbs, small and dingy, and there was no incentive to go there.

They do need investments, but it looks like a Leagues club isn't the right one.

Many Novocastrians scratch their heads over the fact we dont have a link with Wests. However they DID find the (retch) Mariners.....

Nuffy

Bench
Sounds a little too good to be true so probably isn't.

We'd be happy to have him on board but it ain't going to happen!

Nuffy

Bench
I notice that Tom has disappeared without a trace......................

I think it s fair to say that Wee Waa will have the services of one J.Lyon next year.

Latest posts