What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

knights toughest player

toughest player

• harragon

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • johns

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • butterfield

• parsons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • macdougall

• sargent

• kennedy

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • simpson

• peden

• smith

• Total voters

Burwood

Bench
Luke Quigley. Played with a ruptured testicle for 20 minutes, and when the trainer tried to get him off the field he told him to pis&off before taking the next hitup.:shock:

Case closed.

chinorocks

Juniors
Craig Smith. 34 years young. Never misses a game, buts his ass every week.

All of the guys mentioned are tough though.

RABK

Referee
Steve Simpson.

Played 20 minutes with a split kidney, an incredibly painful injury. It doesn't get worse then that, including a split testicle.

Played 35 minutes with a broken foot.

Played 55 minutes with a broken Jaw then continued to play with the broken jaw 3 weeks later.

He has played this year with a groin tear too.

Johns wouldn't be far behind in terms of been able to break the pain barrier and play with injury.

They are my two, even Chief and BK normally came straight off the field when serious injury hit.

Of the options given, I'd go for Simpson. But if Marc Glanville was on the list, he'd have got my vote no questions asked.

That bloke was carved from granite. You couldn't hurt him with an axe.

Here's an excerpt I just dug up from Malcolm Reilly's book about Marc Glanville:

"A hard player. I still have a film of the famous tackle he made one day on Criag Field. I believe Jack Gibson had a name for such moments: 'bellringers'. This one nearly snapped Field in half; it was akin to the impact of a car hitting a wall at speed. Neither of them knew where they were when the dust settled, the tackler as much as the guy he tackled. Marc got up reeling, stunned by the impact. He soon recovered and got on with business. That was Marc Glanville.

WooKiie

Juniors
Burwood said:
Luke Quigley. Played with a ruptured testicle for 20 minutes, and when the trainer tried to get him off the field he told him to pis&off before taking the next hitup.:shock:

Case closed.

quigley gets my vote.!

The Devil

Bench
Mark Hughes isn't on the list, but i remember he played 60mins at FB with a broken ankle.

Thats tough in anyones book

Latest posts