What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Bulldogs Post Match Thread

Nuffy

Bench
CWB, the irony of Quinn is that in more regular footy teams of ANY standard, players returning from inkury or suspension don't automatically get their spots gifted to them.

Quinns been out for both reasons and has automatically waltzed back into the team..........WTF does Tighe have to do, the poor bloke hasn't made a mistake in FG this year and yet he gets punted for a bloke whos a winger prone to more bad games than good.

chinorocks

Juniors
Tanner and Reynoldson will never be good. Reynoldson threw a great pass tonight to set up a try. Unfortunately it will go down as the highlight of a very average career. I could make a 2 hour highlights package of missed tackles by Carmont, reynoldson and Tanner in the last 2 years, but obviously no one on the coaching staff sees it.

Ben

Bench
CWB, the irony of Quinn is that in more regular footy teams of ANY standard, players returning from inkury or suspension don't automatically get their spots gifted to them.
And the irony of that is that although Quinn gets automatic selection, Tolar doesn't receive the same benefits.

Nuffy

Bench
Ben

Joes played 10 games this year, so hes already had 2 off to freshen up, why would this week be any different to the other two hes missed.

The drama is that Hagan has consistently managed to weaken two positions when making a change, why not keep Kidley at 5/8 and just change the F/B.

Kidley HAS NEVER PLAYED A DECENT GAME AT FULLBACK, so why would Hagan think he can.

Its the same old sh*t from Hagan and the players, theres zero accountability for the players or the coach.

RB30DETT

Juniors
chinorocks said:
The Corey Hughes pass was 2 metres forward, and the touchie should have picked it up. Quinn was not that bad and was far from our worst player. If you want to criticise players, take a closer look at Reynoldson, Tanner and Carmont....funnily enough I can say the same thing when we win games...

K Gidley taught Corey that one..lol

Who was number 17 for the Knights, he took a big hit and didnt seem right for the rest of the game, he looked like he didnt know what was going on.

I think the biggest thing to come out of the game was Corey Hughes not conceeding any penalties.

SBW had his best game for us this year, so that really helped us alot.

Big Tim

First Grade
Yes, Quinn was beaten by SWB's flick, and he dropped that ball that he had no idea about (considering it was thrown by an opposition player) and you could just as easily blame Kidley for the other try as he didnt get across to cover the kick either.

What you seem to forget that was early in the game he cleaned up a kick and returned it 11 metres when it looked for all money that the Dogs would score. He also made a try saving tackle on Myles late in the game.

He did as much bad as he did good. Singling him out is not the answer.

Nuffy

Bench
We don't deserve to be as highly rated as we are:

We are a mediocre team with a couple of superstars.

Any team that contains Reynoldson / Tanner / Carmont /Quinn / Kidley will never amount to anything.

Have a look at our last premiership winning team, do you reckon any of these palooka's would have made it?

Not on your life.

Would Ryan or Reilly had any of these lightweights at the club.........Not a chance.

Big Tim

First Grade
Nuffy said:
Any team that contains Reynoldson / Tanner / Carmont /Quinn / Kidley will never amount to anything.

Good idea.

lets just sack all our players and not even show up to the games :crazy:

Ben

Bench
But, Johns two games off were during Round 4 and Round 6. Since that period of time, he has to play nine games, including three games in six days. Whe you are at the age of Johns, you do not recover as quickly as when you were in your mid twenties. I don't really want to use the excuse, but to me its simply the truth. Maybe the bye will work or maybe it won't. But I think a break for Johns would do him a world of good.

Parki

Bench

sounds like me

hang on didnt i say that about buderus?

im glad i went to the movies tonight...

Misanthrope

Staff member
Reynoldson - Tolar
Tanner - Bailey
Carmont - Tighe
Quinn - Cooper
Kidley - Mullen/Hinton

Weeeee!

chinorocks

Juniors
RB30DETT said:
K Gidley taught Corey that one..lol

Who was number 17 for the Knights, he took a big hit and didnt seem right for the rest of the game, he looked like he didnt know what was going on.

I think the biggest thing to come out of the game was Corey Hughes not conceeding any penalties.

SBW had his best game for us this year, so that really helped us alot.

True Kurt is as bad as anyone when it comes to forward passes. Just saying their was one shocker in the lead up to Corey Hughes second try, and I also believe the pass for El Magic's try just after half time, taht Quinn dropped was also travelling way forward.

The Dogs deserved to win, no doubt, but they we're both big calls.

Nuffy

Bench
But what sh*ts me is that Hagan will roll out the same old tired excuses and there will be a profound comment about the medicinal properties of the bye and that will be limit of the self analysis.

These blokes are living in la la land if they think the bye will miraculously solve their problems.

IanG

Coach
bigdogsgottaeat said:
P.S. You guys should try to keep Carney next year. I know it'll be hard, but holy crap that guy is good.
The only way it'll happen is if the Titans release him from the 3 year contract and I don't see that happening

Misanthrope

Staff member
No way Quinn should be dropped. Rest I agree 110%.

Quinn is God awful. I'd drop him before I dropped Carmont. What has he done to justify keeping Tighe out of the side? Whenever he gets the ball he crabs it across field, his defence is just as bad as Carmont's, and he offers nothing in attack.

Big Tim

First Grade
CWBush said:
Reynoldson - Tolar
Tanner - Bailey
Carmont - Tighe
Quinn - Cooper
Kidley - Mullen/Hinton

Weeeee!

Tolar is not a backrower
Bailey has played less first grade games than ive had homosexual encounters
Tighe is definetly an option, though Carmont defence is slightly better ( game time will fix Tighe)
Cooper is now a backrower
Mullen should not be pushed, Hinton is not better than Thaiday.

Stranger

Coach
Ben said:
But, Johns two games off were during Round 4 and Round 6. Since that period of time, he has to play nine games, including three games in six days. Whe you are at the age of Johns, you do not recover as quickly as when you were in your mid twenties. I don't really want to use the excuse, but to me its simply the truth. Maybe the bye will work or maybe it won't. But I think a break for Johns would do him a world of good.

Honestly? Tell that to smith. Thats a load of BS. If Joey cant play 9 games in 9 weeks then he should take a heavy pay cut, and the knights should buy another play-maker.

RABK

Referee
Jono078 said:
Maybe we could pick up the Macdougall brothers, can be quite handy while on the field and add to the depth in the backs.

Agreed.

I dunno, i'm lost. I'm sure you guys have all said what i'm thinking.

Come on Newcastle!!!

IanG

Coach
Anyway we go beaten tonight but I have to say that I reckon we played alot better tonight. I think the Bye will do us the world of good. They say that stuff about Joey being flat, but Bedsy has played more cuz he's still playing rep footy. Danny Buderus is a workhorse to say the least.