What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Bulldogs Post Match Thread

Misanthrope

Staff member
Tolar is not a backrower
We don't need him to be. Newton and Simpson are our starting back row, and Abraham would be a better lock than Tanner.

Bailey has played less first grade games than ive had homosexual encounters
Your point? Tanner clearly isn't improving with the huge investment in game time Hagan has made. Bailey's looked better in his handful of games than Tanner ever has.

Cooper is now a backrower[/u]
I realise that. I'd still rather have him on the wing than a pot plant.

Mullen should not be pushed, Hinton is not better than Thaiday.

I excluded Thaiday because he's injured. Mullen shouldn't be pushed? He's what, nineteen? That's old enough to be playing first grade, particularly when he's as good as he is. Why are we persisting with the woeful Kidley/Johns pairing (and the doubly bad Lowrie/Johns pairing) when we have a very good playmaker in Premier League wondering what he has to do to get his rightful spot in the team?

northey

First Grade
i was VERY disappointed with Reynoldson.

and joey falling over made me laugh, even though i prob shouldn't have been laughing at him

Big Tim

First Grade
I would prefer to see our u/19 NSW halves playing week in week out together so they can step in and dominant in the post Joey era.

chinorocks

Juniors
CWBush said:
Quinn is God awful. I'd drop him before I dropped Carmont. What has he done to justify keeping Tighe out of the side? Whenever he gets the ball he crabs it across field, his defence is just as bad as Carmont's, and he offers nothing in attack.

Quinn has been great all year, wasn't his best game tonight but he still sh*ts over any other option we have on the wing. Carmont is crap. Tighe is a centre and looks bloody terrible when played elsewhere, Salkeld and Seage offer about as much in attack as Tanner....

Jono078

Referee
CWBush said:
Reynoldson - Tolar
Tanner - Bailey
Carmont - Tighe
Quinn - Cooper
Kidley - Mullen/Hinton

Weeeee!

Id be happy with those changes aswell.

But not many here seem to like the 3 front rowers on the bench which would be Tolar, Davico and Woolnough.

Ben

Bench
Stranger said:
Honestly? Tell that to smith. Thats a load of BS. If Joey cant play 9 games in 9 weeks then he should take a heavy pay cut, and the knights should buy another play-maker.
Mate, you have to take into account the 3 games in six days. I wouldn't expect Johns to bounce back to his best after that load. The break will serve him well.

Nuffy

Bench
CWB, good call.

One change however.

Abes for Tanner, yes I know hes not 100% but he's still better than Tanner.

RABK

Referee
On a side note the Crusade totally owned Hospital Bill Injury. (SBW)

:lol:

Yes, i'll sleep now. :(

Big Tim

First Grade
Ben said:
Mate, you have to take into account the 3 games in six days. I wouldn't expect Johns to bounce back to his best after that load. The break will serve him well.

what 3 games?????

Bedsy had 3, not Joey.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Quinn has been great all year, wasn't his best game tonight but he still sh*ts over any other option we have on the wing. Carmont is crap.

Yes, Brian Carney is a sh*t winger. I can't believe that anyone would think otherwise. Opposition fans, commentators, and the majority of the world are clearly crazy.

Anthony Quinn is the second coming of Christ and we should shower him with praise despite him never being more than an average winger. Clearly he plays a level of football that the rest of us just don't understand yet. One day should all be so blessed as to reach your level of enlightenment.

Ben

Bench
Round 8 (30/4) - Knights VS Rabbitohs
Test (5/5) - Australia VS New Zealand
Round 9 (7/5) - Knights VS Broncos

Maybe it was 6 but it was 7.

Nuffy

Bench
"we're tired" is a crutch pure and simple and the moment it was allowed to be used by the players as a excuse was the moment it weaken the team overall.

Joey might be tired, but what has the rest of the team and coaching staff done to lighten his load.

Did they install a true playmaker along side such as Tighe...No?

Did the players all lift 5-10% in intensity to assist him?....No.

This is a problem of their own making and using it as an excuse just makes it worse.

Alex28

Coach
I recorded the game and i doubt i'll watch it...

However if Joey is tired because of the extra game he played - then he only has himself to blame and has done the wrong thing by the club. He's the one who said he would quit rep footy for another contract then went back on his word.

Enough of the bitching about how tired he is - stop the excuses and start playing footy.

RABK

Referee
Well said Alex.

Can i just say, there maybe a very good reason behind his lack of form.

Jono078

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
Well said Alex.

Can i just say, there maybe a very good reason behind his lack of form.

What do you mean by that?

Also how is Johns' arm, anyone know?

RABK

Referee
Unless we are the team doctor we are not going to know about his shoulder/arm at this stage.

I dunno what the reason is behind Johns lack of form but something perosnal could have gone down, i dunno.

He did really try tonight but. We love you Joey!

Jono078

Referee
Yeah I thought he did try tonight.. came out all guns blazing.. maybe just used up too much juice instead of pacing himself for the 80.

RABK

Referee
When we are playing this badly he is forced to play his hand every set.

Alex28

Coach
It obviously isn't all poor Joey being tired that is at fault.

If you were the coach of a team where the one player that the entire team rely's on to win is kinda tired and out of form, would you put a fringe second rower in the other key playmaking position?

If you said yes, then you are obviously Michael Hagan...

Latest posts