What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V Bunnies - Post match thread

antonius

Coach
chinorocks said:
That was terrible. We played awful and deserved to lose to be honest.

If Carney is the best winger in the world I will run a lap of Australia nude. He is so bad at defending on the wing that I have a heart attack everytime they attack down his side. Their last try he had his back to the play FFS. Also he throws to many stupid passes and is basically offering absolutely nothing positive to the side. He SHOULD be in reserve grade next week but I know it won't happen. Can't wait till he goes to the Gold Coast.
He makes some really bad descisions at times. The ball that he threw when he was caught on the sideline, and led to the diss-allowed Souths try was a replica of one he threw in the Warriors game, he gets caught there way to often, Doogs and his little brother handed Carney and Gidley a lesson yesterday, Carney in particular looked ordinary, The Doogs try showed him up badly. The Ref was bloody terrible, for both sides. We went back to the try and win with the razzle dazzle stuff, instead of grafting at it, that's what we did at the start of the year, we need to get back to that. I actually thought Mullen played well when he was on, and yes Kidley played better at fullback, but Seage should get the job if Milton is ruled out this week. Thank goodness for Buderus. I think yesterday showed we need at least another genuine front rower on the bench. How fast is Doogs little brother Luke? angry little bugger too. In the end it was a scrappy display by us, and we should be gratefull for the win, it could've gone either way.

Frederick

Staff member
Sir Knight82 said:
Friend his on Match payments so if breaksdown financially it doesnt cost us at all.
I know he's on match payments, but there were some others who didn't know that, and just came out all guns blazing "Oh he's the worst signing ever", "He'll never get on the field", "Biggest waste of money", etc etc etc.

B-dos

Referee
The ball that he threw when he was caught on the sideline, and led to the diss-allowed Souths try was a replica of one he threw in the Warriors game, he gets caught there way to often,

Yeah, i think Carney is used to easily running around EPL wingers and its probably taking him longer than expected to adjust to the NRL. Unfortunately he will probably hit his straps at the GC.

Captain_Fred said:
I know he's on match payments, but there were some others who didn't know that, and just came out all guns blazing "Oh he's the worst signing ever", "He'll never get on the field", "Biggest waste of money", etc etc etc.

Ah okay no problem I was dubious of his signing but hoped for the best, 1 game doesnt maketh a footballer so lets hope he can rekindle some of the mongrelly agression filled power house runs that his famous for.

Bicey_18

Bench
The boys will no doubt lift for the Broncs... If everyone is fit and we play like we have done at home so far this season ...with the exception of the warriors game of course, I think we will get up

1. Seage
2. Carney
3. M Gidley
4. Carmont
5. Quinn
6. K Gidley
7. Johns
8. Smith
9. Buderus
10. Woolnough
11. Simpson
12. Newton
13. Tanner

14. Davico
15. Lowrie
16. Brown
17. Mullen

Bicey_18

Bench
Speaking of Davico.. what about the passion shown by him in the final moments when Buderus won us the game. I deadset had goosebumps when i saw Davico literally let out a huge roar in victory on the bench when buderus had been awarded the try! It was great to watch and shows Davico will no doubt bring some mongrel 2 our side...

Also when Ben Walker was blowing up when the ref awarded the Buderus 2nd try.. ahhhh the passion in League.. I love it!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Stranger said:
Kiddley played very well IMO, less ball playing more straight running, exactly what a player should do/does outside Johns
Mullen i thought was extremely ordinary, cept for a kick or two.
Buderus won the game for us on the back of strong go forward.
Kidley played very well? I think he had a deadset shocker. The first pass he threw was about 2 metres behind Milton and well, that led to Souths first try. He was a turnstyle in another of Souths attacking plays, and thank Christ Joey was there to cover his backside (surprise surprise) to prevent a try. He only started to play ok when he got shifted back to fullback. As Simon said at the game, Kidley should be at fullback all the time, cos that way he's as far away from the action as is possible.

On the game, we were quite patchy. Solid in some parts, but pretty ordinary in others. It was Souths best performance of the year by the length of the F3. If Joey didn't play, we would have handed Souths their first win of the year. How embarrassing that would have been. Robinson was a joke, he had no idea. Just good to get the win, albeit heart-attack material. Bit of a wake-up call before the Broncos blockbuster next Sunday.

RABK

Referee
Kidley was hopeless and i hope Hagan was watching how much smoother things ran when Mullen was at second receiver and Kidley was 20 metres behind play...

Ben

Bench
The first pass he threw was about 2 metres behind Milton
It actually went in front of him.;-)

Souths really turned up for a real fight and a close game.
The Knights turned up for a training session playing touch football.

If we play the way we did against the Souths, we have no chance of beating the Broncos. Joey seemed really rusty, especially with his kicking game. There were a couple of dubious nothing kicks and that is something that we don't see all too often.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:oops: my bad! Either way, it went into touch and gave Souths the ball for their first try

I could just about guarantee we wont play that bad against the Horsies. We traditionally struggle to beat lower placed teams on the ladder, don't know why that's the case, but it always has been.

antonius

Coach
Pretty certain the pass in question went way behind Thaiday, then Carney muffed around trying to get it before it went into touch. That pass sums up Kidley at 5/8th/first reciever /whatever.

keeney

First Grade
Anyone else think Davico looks alot Younger/Stronger/Fitter in terms of appearance than he did 2 years ago? Not his performance, just the way he looks? I remember him looking like a bit of a plus sizer back at canberra.

thuganomics

Coach
antonius said:
Pretty certain the pass in question went way behind Thaiday, then Carney muffed around trying to get it before it went into touch. That pass sums up Kidley at 5/8th/first reciever /whatever.

Thought so too, but just saw replay on fox sports and it went infront of Milton.

antonius

Coach
thuganomics said:
Thought so too, but just saw replay on fox sports and it went infront of Milton.
Well I'll be buggered! I remember they showed a long distance view of it, and Milton must've been travelling, because when they showed it going out to Carney Milton was almost at the try line, it must've passed way in front of him, and he just kept going. Thinking back on it, did it hit Thaiday on the head? Anyway whatever it was, it was a crap pass.

Jesfery

Juniors
Lowrie hit Milton in the head on the left side of the field. The pass we're talking about was earlier in the game when Kurt shot a second man ball across the front of Milton, it dribbled towards the touchline, then Carney kicked it into touch while trying to pick it up.

Jayell

Juniors
Hey,

Just wondering whatever happened to Brad Tighe. i saw him debut last year and was very ordinary, but over the season developed into quite an exciting young centre. He scored a couple of tries last year that smelt of class- against Penrith and Saints in particular.
I went to the Souths game yesterday but didn't catch premier league to watch him play but i am aware he has been playing five-eighth.
From what i saw late last season he would provide a bit of spark that appears to be lacking in our backs when joey and thaiday aren't firing.

Also, with thaiday out i would rather see 'grass-pass gidley' at fullback than David Seage. Anyone who saw the monumental error he made against Melbourne would have to agree that he doesn't seem to drive to really put his body on the line for the knights.

Whats Doing

Bench
Having a look at the fox replay today and it appears obvious that our speed off the line in defence which was so evident in the 1st few games of the year was very slow today. Souths were allowed too much space in attack.

This may be one of the reasons why the knights may have struggled over the past 2 games.

Frederick

Staff member
I just finished watching the game, and I think it's fairly safe to say that Quinn has a damn good chance of getting a country guernsey. Throughout the whole game he made good metres out of dummy-half, provided great support play, and looks like he's gotten his left-arm fend back. From what he saw the only mistake he made was offloading in traffic, resulting in Souths getting the ball.

Also, Craig Smith is a dead-set god. If he had kept his legs pumping at 100 miles an hour, then I reckon he could've dragged those 3 or 4 Souths players who tackled him all the way to the try-line.

Lowrie seems to also be reaching his potential this year, providing great service off the bench. Davico was a bit quiet, but did well for his first game of first-grade in 2 years, and I really can't wait til he get's some more matches under his belt and reaches the form that he had at Canberra that almost got him that NSW jersey (only to be stopped by injury)

antonius

Coach
Jayell said:
Hey,

Just wondering whatever happened to Brad Tighe. i saw him debut last year and was very ordinary, but over the season developed into quite an exciting young centre. He scored a couple of tries last year that smelt of class- against Penrith and Saints in particular.
I went to the Souths game yesterday but didn't catch premier league to watch him play but i am aware he has been playing five-eighth.
From what i saw late last season he would provide a bit of spark that appears to be lacking in our backs when joey and thaiday aren't firing.

Also, with thaiday out i would rather see 'grass-pass gidley' at fullback than David Seage. Anyone who saw the monumental error he made against Melbourne would have to agree that he doesn't seem to drive to really put his body on the line for the knights.
You have to be kidding. The ball in the Storm game was a wicked bounce (he wasn't sure what it would do) As for putting his body on the line, check out Seages' injury record at the club, isn't one that would indicate what you're saying. He's twice the player at fullback than Kidley. Tighe seems to be suffering a bit of the demoted sulks at the moment, he is a classy player though. Bit Hot and cold at the moment

Jayell

Juniors
i know everyone thinks kidley is useless...including me most of the time. But he is a solid defender and you cant criticise his effort. The main reason he screws up all the time is cos he tries to TOO much. Seage is soft, there is no way you can blame a bad bounce on his failure to pick up the ball against melbourne. He didn't get a hand on it.....at least knock on trying to get the ball. Kidley did the job at fullback last week.