What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KNIGHTS V. COWBOYS: RD 6 ~ Post Match Discussion

les norton

First Grade
Had to put the thread up a bit early this week...i'm off for easter.

(I'm sure you can refrain from posting in it until sunday....:cool: )

C'arn the knights!!

funky_pineapple

Juniors
I am watching the game now on Channel 9 but am keeping abreast of the score on msn live scores. I can't believe we lost! Am going to go watch the rest of the game.

IanG

Coach
I dont think I'll bother watching the tape. I'm too disappointed. In the scoring it was only goal kicking that made the difference but I think that last Cowboys try was rather soft.

If any Cowboys read this Go out on Tuesday and buy yourselves a Lottery ticket.

As far as the ref goes, yeah he may not have been all that good but in my view it'd be like a Jersey Flegg player getting drafted into First Grade and expected to do well.

Ben

Bench
What a game of football! I'm pretty pissed off that the Knights lost but it was a very valiant display especially with the penalty count against us. Wasn't it like 12-4 at one stage.

And who the hell was that ref. Had some weird name as well and what made matters worse is that he had never coached first grade before. Don't they have someone with a bit of first grade experience on stand by?

As for Johns, it will definintely be a hard two weeks if it is true. But i relish the oppportunity to prove that we are not a one man team and we can win without Johns.

Kazaf

Juniors
$!@%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ARGHHHH!!!
Looks like alot of injuries too.
Tough game, they tried their best.

We'll see them again in October where it means much more.

I could see the game started to die off when the new ref came on
ARGHHH BLOODY HELL!!!
im so depressed

Roy

Juniors
We went to sleep with 20 minutes of the game to go witch was poor. no one tryed to stood up in the last 20 not even johns.

That ref will be lucky to get out of newcastle alive. what a poor effort.

Imo thurston outplayed joey it was agreat game one we let slip an i dont think any other side in the nrl would have beaten us but i still think we should have one it.

Azkatro

First Grade
IanG said:
I dont think I'll bother watching the tape. I'm too disappointed. In the scoring it was only goal kicking that made the difference but I think that last Cowboys try was rather soft.

If any Cowboys read this Go out on Tuesday and buy yourselves a Lottery ticket
The biggest thing I took out of that as a Cowboys fan was our defensive effort against the Knights in front of 26000. Twelve points were scored a minute either side of half time which was our only real fault IMO. You could blame injuries and what not, but I'm not sure many other teams in the comp could have defended like both teams did today.

Boon

Juniors
He reffed poorly to both sides, missed a fair few knock ons. Penalties were blown when they had to be blown however, just because the Knights committed more offences doesn't mean it's the worst refereeing display ever. I see you are one of the blame the ref fans.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Boon said:
He reffed poorly to both sides, missed a fair few knock ons. Penalties were blown when they had to be blown however, just because the Knights committed more offences doesn't mean it's the worst refereeing display ever. I see you are one of the blame the ref fans.

Bullsh!t farktard! Not one 50/50 went our way!

f**k off to the NQLD forum.

Oops forgot. You don't post there!

aqua_duck

Coach
Our forwards are deadset offload happy, and its a real problem in tight games especially with the ball hitting the deck. Our completion rate really killed us and matty bowen just put the nail in the coffin. I thought Thurston probably outplayed johns by abit but there forwards probably set a better platform for him. I also believe there isn't enough alertness within the pack, players not expecting passes/offloads etc.

Ben

Bench
The Knights couldn't manage any attack in the final twenty minutes was because they were gone from the defence they had to go through throughout the whole game. The so called brilliance of Thurston and Bowen were non existant for 70 minutes, before one moment of brilliance by Bowen scored them the winning try.

Boon

Juniors
Gene Krupa said:
Bullsh!t farktard! Not one 50/50 went our way!

f**k off to the NQLD forum.

Oops forgot. You don't post there!
Are you only able to throw one-eyed outlandish sentences and abuse around? FYI the main Cowboys forum is at another website, sorry "farktard".