What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KNIGHTS V. COWBOYS: RD 6 ~ Post Match Discussion

knights9

Juniors
Good game and a good win for the cowboys, but i just hope that replacement ref never refs a first grade game again.

Boon

Juniors
Hell Bitch said:
You are a deadset buttplug. Do you think anyone is dumb enough to think you are a 60-odd post newcomer with no other usernames.

It was a great game of footy, go easy on the "drop so and so" calls boys.

History shows its better to have a couple of losses at this end of the season than be undefeated.
No I don't, I'm not pretending to be someone else. I use to be known as Kasper amongst a few other names.

Frederick

Staff member
I'm shocked that he'd be dropped from Jersey Flegg, based on his performance in First Grade.

rourkster

Juniors
Kinda wondering what game some of you were watching. No way in the world Thurston outplayed Johns. He took a lot of wrong options, looked lost for most of the game and was well contained. The Buderus missed tackle was his saving grace.
I thought the mistakes we made in the first half and the resultant defenisve effort we had to put in then came back to haunt us. I said to my wife at the game at that time "that defence is going to hurt us at the back end of the game". Turned out to be true. Having a 3 man bench for so long didn't help.
As for the ref - clearly out of his league. Skinny 10 metres ensured the 2 best attacking sides in the comp had limited opportunites. His poor positional play also meant he missed a number of incidents, and didn't get much help from his touchies. He actually reffed the Flegg game and was just as ordinary in that one. Gave the Tigers as big a leg up as he did the Cowboys and helped them to a draw. When I saw him come out of the tunnel to replace Simpkins I couldn't help but groan "not this clown again".
Still, an enjoyable game and certainly not a result to cut the wrists over. Should be a great Grand Final between these two sides....

Jobdog

Live Update Team
What a sensational game. It was a shame that one side had to lose and unfortunately it was us. Sure, the refereeing was not up to scratch, but we had our chances to win the game in the final ten. When we led by 10 we were playing panic football, with the forwards throwing the ball anywhere - whats the go?

The Cowboys defence was absolutely outstanding, and it will take a very good side that eventually beats them.

strewth_mate

Bench
Considering the boys were buggered for a good part of the game, particularly when the Cowboys were starting to step up a gear, it's fantastic to see we didn't fold too easily. Really, were it not for a bit of magic from Bowen, we would most likely have won it on the back of defending a slender lead over a team like the Cowboys, and that's a pretty good effort. Hollow words perhaps, because it must be said the Cowboys played well enough to win it too, so I'm not hugely disappointed about the game itself.

I'm more upset at the fact that it's a big missed opportunity. Could have established ourselves at the top of the table, winning a hugely hyped game and going closer to justifying the good publicity our team has been getting recently. Hopefully it won't be too much of a setback, barring injuries of course. It's a bit unfortunate that the attention will probably be directed towards Bowen and Thurston, even though they were quiet for a fair bit of the match, but it'll be better to credit it as a pretty enjoyable game that lived up to the hype.

Just on Quinn, he's been one of my favourites for a while now and while I'm still not convinced of his ability to perform standout in defense, especially under the high ball, he outdid himself today. Strong running, defused a few dangerous kicks, very telling tackling and seemed to be everywhere. I'm not saying anything like 'he's turned a corner' or something, but I was thrilled to see him perform like he did today.

RABK

Referee
:lol:

"Get off him, let him play the f**king ball!!!"

*throws arm up and points at player*

Knight76

Juniors
I think the knights can take alot away from the game. Full credit to the cowboys for playing a full 80 minute game but I think the knights had them covered if not for some dubious decisions and some sloppy play. We did get our share of the shonky ref though. But thats the way the game goes. Congrats to the cowboys. I can only hope we meet you in the GF. What a blockbuster that would be.

Some points from the game:

1) Every time they chip and chased they got the ball back.
2) Our defence was outstanding in the first half and very good in the second.

Id also like to say again, what is with the stupid obsession with passing the ball perry has? He needs to look at Simpsons game and learn from that. His job is to make yards, not hit the line and look to pass the ball or fling it back to anybody. His break tipifies his game. Makes a great break, charges upfield and then drops the ball trying to pass when he should have just taken the tackle and let that run create the platform that could have won the game. Instead he tries to pass to nobody, loses the ball and for mine that was when the game really turned. Maybe make him watch some mark sargent or games to show him how to play.

Today perry wasnt the only forward to suffer this blight. A few of them looked like they had to pass the ball if there life depended on it. Which leads to dropped balls, pressure on the player the ball lands near, more tackles, ruins the platform a team builds through good forward play. Just keep the damn ball and let the backs do the passing for gods sake.

I think this game shows if Joey stays fit and the rest tag along for the show, we will be a very strong chance to make the GF.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Interesting reading this morning that the penalty count was 12-6 and even more interesting is the fact that when old mate took over from Simpkins, he awarded the penalties 7-1 to the Cowboys before eventually giving us two penalties in the last 5 to try and even it up a little bit. On the back of the defensive effort we had to put in during this period, its amazing we were a chance of stealing the victory in the final 30 seconds.

If only it was Thaiday or Carney who took the intercept instead of Clint. :(

Parki

Bench
stupid tony de las heras

no wonder hes a f**ken flegg ref

that being said, we really should have won that game... stupid cowboys

bring on melbourne already

Whats Doing

Bench
Parki said:
stupid tony de las heras

no wonder hes a f**ken flegg ref

that being said, we really should have won that game... stupid cowboys

bring on melbourne already

Thats quite correct. The knights with their experience should have shown more composure in the last 20 minutes to shut down the cowboys. They gave them too much ball by not completing their sets and getting good field position.