What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Dragons Post Match Thread

keeney

First Grade
In all honesty Carmont has been very good up until tonight, Tanner is crap though.

antonius

Coach
The team looked really flat from the outset. Kidley is exactly the same at fullback as he was 3 years ago, no idea positionally, he was continually caught upfield on the last tackle running back towards our line to retrieve the ball, that puts the next set on the back foot straight away. He is still awfull under the ball, sure he took one kick under pressure early on and I thought well here we go I'll be eating pie, but no from then on he was ordinary. Lowrie was wasted at 5/8th, and with Johns down on form that just magnified the problem with no recognised 5/8th. We should've gone in with Hinton at fullback, and Kidley at 5/8th when Mullen pulled out. Even then I don't know if we would've had a different result, maybe less points against us. We miss the angle running of Simmo and Newton, sorry Reyno doesn't cut the mustard in our backrow. Bench prop at best. Good to see Abes get through Ok, saw him make four tackles in a row at one stage, and almost get over the line, (yeh I know I'm biased) Midley was easily our best, followed by Smith. The offside try to them just evened up the five metre forward pass we got away with last week. It just begs the question "what's the point of a vid ref when they come up with that crap?" The Dragons were way too good. But Hagans selections didn't help. What's the bet we have the same next week? Kidley at fullback, and Lowrie at 5/8th. Very dissapointed knowing we'll prob get the same set-up next week v the Dogs.

Frederick

Staff member
If I see Kurt Gidley with the number 1 next to his name on Tuesday, I will dead-set cry

antonius

Coach
Captain_Fred said:
If I see Kurt Gidley with the number 1 next to his name on Tuesday, I will dead-set cry
Get ready, I reckon on the past selection form of Hagan he is almost certain to be named there, wait for the excuses from Hages about Kidleys performace. Kidley needs to watch Hinton at fullback, he continually reads the play and adjusts accordingly, you can watch him move across field every play and has the fullbacks second sense when to drop back for the kick. Kidley does none of that, he roams around in the line, and then stands in no-mans land at the end of sets waiting to see what the last play will be, he will get caught every time doing it.

Frederick

Staff member
In the end, all I can do is smile and thank the heavens that Parra will have to deal with all this next year. :D

antonius

Coach
What gets me is that Hagan has seen Kidley at his worst at fullback and still put him there this week, when he has Hinton (who incidently would've been there in first grade last year but for cap probs) sitting in premmy league, and in great form, if he was good enough last year to be considered, why not this year? Hagan is a dead-set clunk!

Roy

Juniors
putting kurt at fullback is stupid not only do we have a nuffy fullbak but we also loose our 5/8. Our forwards where sh*thouse tonight they where all turned into bitches.

What realy gets me to is that when a team is loosing strelo or rabs always say an they have ryles cooper an so an so missing, but never say. The knights also have seage, tryday, newton an so an so.....

Dragons2005

Juniors
daveserc said:
Pity the Dragons still have 22 points to catch up on from round 5 :D

at the end of the day the game is worth 2 points in which both team has got this year..

as for the ref and hornby's try NO it was not a try but it had no impact on the game what so ever..

think back to last week, 3 metres that ball travelled forward yet you guys were more then happy to take the points and it was the turning point in the knights vs raiders game last week.

like sterlo said.. what goes around comes around move onto next week...

one last thing. as supporters of the knights what do you guys think of your captian (best player in the world) walking off the field and not shaking hands with anyone?
personally i think his a sook but i was at the game when knights thrashed the dragons atleast we showed some pride and congratulate the opposing team like buderus did he is a true legend of the game....

RABK

Referee
We've been playing sh*t for the past 4 weeks, this kind of loss was coming.

We really need Simspon, Newton and especially Thaiday abck on board A.S.A.P

Oh and Christ sakes - what's doing Joey? I've never seen him look so useless since early last year.

The bye can't coem quick enough and one of two things will happen next week - we'l lfire and come away with a good win or we will get absolutely lapped.

Fire up boys!

Misanthrope

Staff member
one last thing. as supporters of the knights what do you guys think of your captian (best player in the world) walking off the field and not shaking hands with anyone?

Good on him. Sportsmanship is something that losers invented to make themselves feel a little less like failures.

We've been playing sh*t for the past 4 weeks, this kind of loss was coming.

We played poorly against Wests and Brisbane? Canberra and Saints, sure, but the two efforts before that were anything but sh*t.

Dragons2005

Juniors
CWBush said:
Good on him. Sportsmanship is something that losers invented to make themselves feel a little less like failures.
So is blaming the ref for your lose as i have seen it mentioned here..
Sportmanship is something we teach our young players otherwise we will have teams full of sooks like johns that run off when they lose and hide like a coward.
he should have been in toronto under 7's.....because he looked like a kid that didnt get his own way so he raced off to the shed to ripped up all the sh*t house paper?
they even said that he didnt stick around with his team mates? bad sport, sook. as good as he is you dont act like that.

We played poorly against Wests and Brisbane? Canberra and Saints, sure, but the two efforts before that were anything but sh*t.
your point is??
as the season goes on your want your team to get better. your last good performance was 5 weeks ago? why would you even bring it up? lol

northey

First Grade
i had a bit of a laugh when ray warren said "head down, backside up and he takes it up the middle" - i can't remember which knights player he siad it about, but it made me laugh.

and... when riley brown slipped over, a few sets later, he fell over in the same place lol

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Dragons2005 said:
personally i think his a sook but i was at the game when knights thrashed the dragons atleast we showed some pride and congratulate the opposing team like buderus did he is a true legend of the game....
I actually watched him pretty closely at fulltime to see what he would do and I can tell you that he did actually shake hands with the Dragons players before heading straight up the tunnel. Sure, the rest of the boys stayed out there and applauded those of us who stayed til the end, after half the crowd in attendance hit the exit gates with about 10 to go. To those of u who did, its a bit disappointing.

Nuffy

Bench
Well well well.

The supercoach rings the changes and what an inspired round they were.

Kidley at fullback, a little left field seeing the bloke has no positional sense, can't catch and IS COMPLETELY USELESS.

A coaching masterstroke by Supercoach.

Lowrie at 5/8...............brilliant, the bloke spends his time in the backrow and some how Supercoach seems to think he's a playmaker.

The forwards in general just got owned, Brown / Tanner / Lowrie are too small and got bashed. We MUST have Abes as lock from now on, Tanner is a little boy who's not up to FG standard.

Carmont was a mere speedbump, whoever said George owned Gasnier last year looks very silly this morning.

Tighe is wasted on the wing, Midley and he were the only blokes that looked dangerous at all.

Joey looks tired, no more to say.

Bedsy is unbelievable and deserves his salary to be doubled today no questions asked.

Hagan is a useless bitch, STG used exactly the same tactics that Canberra / WT / Warriors / Cowboys / Souths have used against us......very conservative, dummy half running, one or two passes from the ruck, kick long and wait for a mistake.

We've dodged bullets over the last few weeks but we seem unprepared to play conservative to counteract these tactics. We've got a million mistakes in us and the opposition knows it.....................Kidley is the worst by a country mile.

Finally, Archer allowed the saints to destroy the game through the greatest display of flops, slow play the balls and delaying tactics every seen on a footy field..................if thats the new standard for refs performances then the NRL is dead and buried.

I spent the entire game waiting for Archer to wake up to what was going on.................but he never did, it really reached the point of high farce, my best was when bedsy took off from dummy half 10 metres out (during the second half), the markers were not "at marker" nor in the defensive line, he ran straight at them as they were caught in no mans land and sure enough they then make the tackle and Archer just goes about his merry way..................absolute bull*hit refereeing.

Plus the final Hornby try was a revelation, Brown is a master coach, it seems that its now exceptable for players in offside positions to touch the ball and score.......................that must be a new rule, the vidiot has stooped to a new low.

All in all we will get flogged by the Bulldogs next week, no question because we have a coach thats learned NOTHING in 6 years and players who just seem unable to lift their performance.

Frederick

Staff member
Nuffy said:
Carmont was a mere speedbump, whoever said George owned Gasnier last year looks very silly this morning.
How so? I said that George outplayed Gasnier in round 26 last year, and he did. I never said it made George a better player that Gasnier.

Misanthrope

Staff member
as the season goes on your want your team to get better. your last good performance was 5 weeks ago? why would you even bring it up? lol

I wasn't talking to you anymore, douche. I'd moved on to talking to RABK. Maybe they don't teach you to read so well down there in Long Beach. Take a moment out from the arduous task of remembering to inhale and exhale, re-read the quote above my post, and gasp in amazement that my brilliant mind managed to address two separate posts in just one of my own! Then marvel at the sad truth that you will never be capable of such a mundane task because you are, dare I say it, an idiot.

knights9

Juniors
It was a very dissapointing game, everytime we had the ball we never looked likes scoring. Buderus was great for us considering we was injured. Well done to ST George they outplayed us and deserved to win. Hopefully we can improve next week.

Dragons2005

Juniors
knights9 said:
It was a very dissapointing game, everytime we had the ball we never looked likes scoring. Buderus was great for us considering we was injured. Well done to ST George they outplayed us and deserved to win. Hopefully we can improve next week.
Well said and yes Buderus was great. he always is...

CWBush, you amaze me! Not..
they actually teach common sense and common decency in long beach and i know a sook when i see one.. you and johns make a great couple...
just to add i like the knights when there not playing the dragons i support them as my brother supports them madly!
even he was annoyed in what johns did..

ahh well better luck next week

Misanthrope

Staff member
CWBush, you amaze me!

Thankyou. Common decency suggests I return in kind, but I'm conflicted - I've been told that lying is wrong to. Oh, these moral dilemmas do vex me so!

Suffice it to say I wish you no ill will. I think you've suffered enough.

Latest posts