What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Raiders Post Match Thread

Frederick

Staff member
Sir Knight82 said:
Gordy made it the worst commentry of the year.
Second that. I was watching the replay last night, and cringed at every time Gordon said anything. Whoever came up with the brilliant idea that he would make a good commentator should be fired from their job.

Do you reckon he might have been pissed?

I havent heard him talk that much, but to be on the NRL board certainly more intelligence is required than what he displayed you'd hope.

antonius

Coach
Another tough it out win for us. I thought Johns was masterfull with his kicking, great short and long, not to mention those freakish sidel;ine conversions, and Mullen complimented him perfectly, with some equally good kicks, and with his general passing game. Tighe showed why he deserved first shot at centre this year, he is a quality player that has been wasted all year. I know I'll get jumped on here, but honestly Reynoldson isn't even the 5th choice backrower in the club I know he's back from injury but he just doesn't know how to run off Johns, the ball Johns threw out over the sideline I'm sure was intended for Reyno who pulled back from it. It was the sort of ball Johns feeds to Simmo, Abes and co all the time. Kirk is a ball carrying prop or at least that's the way he plays. Guys like Lowrie, Simmo, Abes, Newton, and even Tolar and Brown have it all over Reyno in the backrow. Kidley did well in a multiple of positions, and I thought Bailey was very impressive. Going on our performances, grafting wins recently we will take a lot of stopping this season, Carney is getting the hang of playing outside Midley, and finished his three tries well.

Nuffy

Bench
I think that the rain was the best thing that happened on Sat night, it seemed top calm the team down and they focused more on possession, position and completions.

Johns played a really smart game and I was amazed at how well Mullen played in his own right.

Tighe was a revelation and looked dangerous ever time he got the ball, he definitely deserves to be in FG.

Tony, totally agree re Reynoldson, we could be the biggest waste of money we've seen, hes a bench player at best.

The other problem area is lock, Tanner is an honest toiler but he's not the answer, lets hope that Abes comes good, otherwise we need to go into the market.

Happy for the win and ready for next week.

eddo

Juniors
Did anybody else notice that Joey was defending v.v.wide.
I have never noticed him hiding that much..maybe he's not fully fit ???

Or do you think it was just because simmo & bedsy were out. (But it doesn't really make sense to hide your best defender, when we need him bad)

RABK

Referee
Joey always defends at where a halfback normally defends, one in from centre. Nothing was different on saturday night.

RABK

Referee
Quinn Carmont Johns Newton Smith Buderus Perry Tanner Simpson Kidley Midley Carney

That is how they are normally spread across the field i think.

eddo

Juniors
A couple of times early I noticed him one in from the wing.
but I guess that's not much different from usual

Roy

Juniors
Captain_Fred said:
Looks like it...I'll miss you guys :cry:

:lol::crazy:

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, Roy, who were you talking about?

hages, that why i said u will have to put up with him untill smith comes....:crazy:

Frederick

Staff member
But why did you think R&BK was talking about Hages when he said he ran into a diry bum at Macca's after the game?

Doctor

Bench
eddo said:
A couple of times early I noticed him one in from the wing.
but I guess that's not much different from usual

Johns is carrying a back injury. I wouldn't blame him if he was trying to get out of the way of the heavy hitting... but in saying that I don't think he is shying away from his tackling responsibilities. I didn't notice him out of position or avoiding making tackles so I don't think there is too much amiss.

eddo

Juniors
The back injury fits with the way he was walking during the game.
He just seemed a bit stiff on occassions.

Latest posts