What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V. Roosters post match thread...

knights9

Juniors
We were good in the first half and pretty average in the second.

The whole team played fairly well. Johns was great and i was impressed with Bailey and Brown. Milton had a up and down game, he dropped alot of balls but he made some great runs. Abraham is getting better with every game he plays. i was supprised with Brown and Baileys kicking. it was actually pretty good.

Yosh

Coach
well i think its good to see that all the injury replacements played well today. i think that surely will mean that they will be pushing for spots harder and harder towards the finals, those players who didnt get to play today will play even harder to keep thier spots. totally agreed on the fact that either baily or abes should take tanners spot. they rip him to shreads in every department.

CJKnight

Juniors
Thiaday is slowly regaining his confidence that made him the #1 fullback for the first 6 games of the year (in which he scored 6 tries as well).

Johns - Buderus Combination has never looked better. Plus they are really starting to work with the forwards now (Wooly, Perry, and Davico).

Bailey was OK and put in a few good kicks when Johns left the field. Although I think Brown will get the free bench Position next week.

Kidley and Reynoldson will be back next week (Maybe Lowrie and Mullen). Smith will be missing unfortunately with a broken jaw.

Carmont was hardly involved, I would replace him with Tighe any day. Brown had a nice short kicking game as well. which is why I would put him on the bench.

chinorocks

Juniors
I actually thought Carmont had his best game for months. Carried defenders when he ran, and made some great tackles...must of just been me.

Hard for me to analyse this game to much because I live in Brisbane and they showed the Broncos vs Raiders game at 4. I had to wait until 7.30 for the replay, and then they only showed one hour of highlights instead because of motor racing. WHAT A F*CKING JOKE!!!

From what I saw it looked like most of them played well. Davico particularly impressed me in the parts I saw.

~Z~

Juniors
Davico and Bailey had great games, and it was good to see Thaiday break the line on more than one occasion. So good to finally get a win up on the roosters, although yeh.... second half, i just wish they would do somthing about the intencity drop off.
Plus, it was great to see all the drop balls from the roosters and penalties going our way for once, makes the game much more fun and less stressfull :)

Jobdog

Live Update Team
A bit of a slight concern the fact that apparently the match review committee are going to b having a close look at Joey's hit on Lewis in the second half. To me, it looked like a great hit, lets just hope it was exactly that.

On the game as a whole, we looked sensational in the first half, prob the best 40 minutes from the boys for at least ten weeks. Again, the second half lapses are concerning. Johns was outstanding, and Bailey had a wow of a game as well. Tanner did some good things (surprise surprise) and Woolnough and Davico both ran with a lot of gusto. Couldn't really fault any of the boys out there at all. Onto Manly next Friday night in front of hopefully a packed house :D :D

Serc

First Grade
chinorocks said:
Hard for me to analyse this game to much because I live in Brisbane and they showed the Broncos vs Raiders game at 4. I had to wait until 7.30 for the replay, and then they only showed one hour of highlights instead because of motor racing. WHAT A F*CKING JOKE!!!

From what I saw it looked like most of them played well. Davico particularly impressed me in the parts I saw.

Yeah not a fan of that at all...pretty pathetic effort from Foxtel too as you said. So I didn't get to watch enough of the game to make comments about it (or give points for KOTW) however here's a few things:

The Carney chase down followed up by the great Quinn tackle had me up and yelling like a huge try had been scored - was great to watch.

Johns was well...pretty amazing as already said. If he keeps this up (and the motivation obvious on his face when he scored the try) we will give the trophy a serious shake.

Pretty much everyone did well...didn't see too much wrong at all aside from a few mistakes at the back from Thaiday.

BRING ON MANLY NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think we'll win by 10 :D

Edit: Something i did manage to see was that tackle by Johns on Lewis - and all i thought was that it was huge and he poleaxed him! Barely got back up to his feet from memory.

Rod

Bench
Jobdog said:
A bit of a slight concern the fact that apparently the match review committee are going to b having a close look at Joey's hit on Lewis in the second half. To me, it looked like a great hit, lets just hope it was exactly that.

There was nothing in it. It was a great hit, simple as that. If he got suspended for it it would be ridiculous.

Pretty pleased with the win. Obviously disappointing to let in those two late tries, but I was pretty worried before the game that we'd lose, so to win by 14 is good enough for me. On individuals, Johns, Woolnough, Buderus, Perry impressed me greatly, as well as Bailey and Brown, the last two especially pleasing as I didn't expect a whole lot from either. Overall all our forwards had great go-forward which means Johns and Buderus had space to work with.

Some random points, from what I saw if Joey had planted the ball over the line for what would've been his second try, it didn't look like it would've been a double movement. His ball-carrying arm hadn't touched the ground and therefore he still had momentum. Also Thaiday break was brilliant, I was sure he was going to score, but Roberts ran him down. Disappointing to see him run down but I think Thaiday had a run at an angle to avoid other defenders whereas Roberts ran in a straight line to him. Was also very pleasing to see Carney run down Cross, great to watch.

All in all, very pleased we're in the top four. If Broncos lose and we win next week we'll be in third and I think 3rd is where we'll end up which would be very pleasing after that slump we had mid-season.

Lets do it again on Friday boys!

~Z~

Juniors
Rod said:
from what I saw if Joey had planted the ball over the line for what would've been his second try, it didn't look like it would've been a double movement. His ball-carrying arm hadn't touched the ground and therefore he still had momentum.

from what i can remember, his ball carrying arm definatly did seem to stop movement, even if it didnt touch the ground, so a reach after that prolly woulda looked suss. But yeh i know what u mean, wasnt much in it

Master Vippo

Juniors
That little Roosters half got FLOGGED a few times by our guys didnt he. Bumped off by Davico, caned by Johns and Buderus later i think. Good performance mostly, switched off in the 2nd half, as usual. Hopefully it wont be anything to worry about.

Did anyone think we looked a little lame attacking their line a few times, Johns was a bit targeted and there didnt seem to be any other options, so he just died with the ball, or rushed things a couple of times. Maybe it was just good defence.

Oh well, im happy with the win!

~bedsy~

First Grade
~Z~ said:
from what i can remember, his ball carrying arm definatly did seem to stop movement, even if it didnt touch the ground, so a reach after that prolly woulda looked suss. But yeh i know what u mean, wasnt much in it
It would have been a double movement.

They still have improvments to do, but they are definatly a much better quality rugby league side. They need to work on disipline and defence. Manly can come back from a blow out score line. If Newcastle on Friday night get out to a big lead, then dropp off Manly will take advantage of that. It's something they have to work on.
Other than that it was a great game.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Manly are the kings of the comeback. If we get out to a decent lead and then put the cue in the rack, Manly will come and pull our pants down.

Bicey_18

Bench
I somehow get the feeling this wont be the kind of game where we get out to a huge lead... Manly are quality and will be treated that way on Friday Night no doubt. Our toughest game for a while now but I think if we can put in for the full 80 we should come away with an important win

Jobdog said:
Manly are the kings of the comeback. If we get out to a decent lead and then put the cue in the rack, Manly will come and pull our pants down.

Just like Irish did to Ryan cross :lol: :lol: