What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Souths Post Match Thread

RABK

Referee
Terrible performance. We played better in the thrashing against the Cowboys.

Serious Questions have to be aske dof Hagan.......now.

No more excuses. Simple as that.

Michael Hagan, what have you done to take this team forward?

We will end up on minus 400 by seasons end. Fact is the competition is so close that we are basically out of the finals hunt already. Yes we can probally claw our way back to finish equal on points with the 8th placed team but the last 3 places in the finals will probally be decided by points dif.

RABK

Referee
I'm at a lost for words. I was fair dinkum certain we would get up today. Plus i put $100 on us at 13+. :evil:

Fair dinkum we are a joke. This is embarrassing. :|

Brendon

Juniors
I told you so guys...... but all i got was flack off u guys saying it.......

They are a absolute disgrace 2 Newcastle........ and I hope Hagan is proud of taking a once proud and hard team to beat to nothing more than a bunch of losers who cant beat Sths.......

Something has 2 be done..... Knights fans deserve better and not getting flogged every week.....

IanG

Coach
I don't know what I can add to everyone's sentimants. What the hell is wrong with their handling?

CycloneSteve

Juniors
I actually thought we had the goods in the first 5-10 minutes. We made good metres and looked threatening. But then Tighe bombed 2 tries and then another later on. From there it all went downhill. The players arent fit, they lack experience AND passion. I'm heading down to the TAB tomorrow to put $10 on em to win the spoon.
Its time to rebuild people. Get used to this for a while.

Doctor

Bench
It's a nightmare, or Knightmare, in footballing terms. A top 4 team suddenly seen as easy-beats..... and the fact is that at the moment we are easy-beats.

But I don't even think that it's huge issues that need addressing. There is a certain amount to be said about three key things in football:

1. Hold the ball for your sets and get a good kick in.
2. Make your tackles.
3. Wrap up the ball during the tackles to minimise offloads.

Until the Knights deal with these issues, we'll be the cellar-dwellers. It's embarassing the amount of mistakes our mob are making. In tennis they're called un-forced errors...... unbelievable. :|

Doctor

Bench
Gene Krupa said:
IT WAS BLOODY SOUTHS FFS!

Credit where it's due, Souths played well.

But they did it by doing the things we should have done: hold the ball, complete the set and get a good kick away, preferably into touch around 20 or 30 metres out every time.

They completed most of their tackles, and played consistently. If only the Knights, who have more natural ability on paper, could just do the simple things so they had a decent platform in which to launch winning performances.

I'd suggest that if the Knights can complete 70-80% of their sets, keep their missed-tackles to less than 10 in the match, and not give away penalties late in the tackle-count, they'd be winning games by 10-16 points each week.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Just my frustrations there.

Souths played well and thoroughly deserved to win. We just don't seem to be turning up.

After last weeks showing by both teams, I was at least expecting a close game.

Swampy

Juniors
Oswin from 1 to 17 can you please explain to me where the knights have more natural ability over the Souths side that belted them.

Alex28

Coach
Souths did not play all that well.

The Knights were deadset embarrasing. An absolute disgrace.

Their one-on-one defence was appalling. Minichello's second try was a joke - 3 people tackling him, yet he can still get his arm out and score the try. 3 of them!

Attack was inept. Don't blame Tighe for butchering tries - he was on the end of a few awful passes that gave him bugger all chance to score the tries. But who else besides Joey and Kidley even looked like scoring a try?

It's all very well for the players to say it was an embarrasment and so on - when are they going to actually do something about haveing a go for 80 minutes?

Joey was on the f***ing footy show on Thursday night joking about their form. I tell you now Joey - it is no f***ing joke. You are being paid $500K a year to be a leader in this team - better start leading...you are leading the most embarrasing team to wear the knights badge somewhere near their hearts should be.

Nuffy

Bench
The fact is the McRae has in about 8 months, turned a shocking football team into a competent team who do the simple footy things right.

On the other hand, super coach Hagan has had 4 YEARS with this team and they are unable to catch, tackle, support or read in defence.

You tell me who the coach is?

RABK

Referee
I am for one sick of Hagan position never been questioned. Has one person ever asked him in person what he has done with the great side he inherited from Ryan?

I might write to the Tele pleading with them to write a damaging article on our slip since he took over as coach. Maybe then he will be forced to answer some questions.

Latest posts