What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Storm Post Match Thread

Ben

Bench
Against the Rabbitohs Hagan has to ensure that discipline is kept under control. The penalties at crucial moments of the game cost us. Although I like the aggression that Quinn plays with and the way he speaks exactly how he feels, he needs to realise when he is stepping over the line. It was a stupid thing to do and it pretty much cost us the game.

But the boys showed a very good fightback to get the game back to near even terms. If only Johns didn't miss his two shots on goal.

keeney

First Grade
He isn't that fast, Slater had a difficult run to accelerate on and may have stumbled. I liked Carney's commitment though.

just saw the replay..Mullens "mistake'of the scrum should have been at least looked at..forward passes in 2 storm tries..spoling tactics of the storm were unbelievable..your not allowed to say 'f..."on the football field to anyone.lets see if that same touchie runs on ever again...:roll:

I for one like the aggression of Quinn..he and McDougall together on one side next year would have the opposition backpeddling...

antonius

Coach
Holla if ya hear me said:
just saw the replay..Mullens "mistake'of the scrum should have been at least looked at..forward passes in 2 storm tries..spoling tactics of the storm were unbelievable..your not allowed to say 'f..."on the football field to anyone.lets see if that same touchie runs on ever again...:roll:

I for one like the aggression of Quinn..he and McDougall together on one side next year would have the opposition backpeddling...
At the Storm you mean?

Parki

Bench
just saw the replay..Mullens "mistake'of the scrum should have been at least looked at..forward passes in 2 storm tries..spoling tactics of the storm were unbelievable..your not allowed to say 'f..."on the football field to anyone.lets see if that same touchie runs on ever again...

Agreed. As if the same sh*t doesent happen in every single tackle of every single game..... people mouth off all the time, but "hero" decides that in this instance to run into the middle of the field. FFS lets give the linesman a tissue too while were at it

let it also be noted that on a play in the second half, there was an obstruction and the linesman just stood there on the sideline and did nothing.... it was left up to the video referee to sort it out..... now I ask you what would have happened if they hadnt scored? would "hero" have decided that it was worth running in for? I think not

I want to know "heros" name so we never get him again.... if i was joey i would have gone beserk too.... things are said on a football field, get the f**k over it

antonius

Coach
Parki said:
Agreed. As if the same sh*t doesent happen in every single tackle of every single game..... people mouth off all the time, but "hero" decides that in this instance to run into the middle of the field. FFS lets give the linesman a tissue too while were at it

let it also be noted that on a play in the second half, there was an obstruction and the linesman just stood there on the sideline and did nothing.... it was left up to the video referee to sort it out..... now I ask you what would have happened if they hadnt scored? would "hero" have decided that it was worth running in for? I think not

I want to know "heros" name so we never get him again.... if i was joey i would have gone beserk too.... things are said on a football field, get the f**k over it
As Johns said, "it's a mans game" deciding a game over a nit-picking penalty like that is a joke. Sit in at any of the junior games, they are saying it almost every play. However I think Quinny might have been directing the abuse at the touchie, once he complains the ref prob didn't have much option.

Ice777

Bench
Kazaf said:
I really liked seeing Cameron Smith and Bederus having a go at each other.
Smith was going to throw a punch.

I do believe that was after Bedsy shoved his forearm in Cam's face. But i can't blame your bloke, i'd be pissed too at the person who's breathing down my neck for my job.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Must .......................not .............................bite .........................

Ice777

Bench
It's not a case of biting and i'm not trying to be smart but if you watch the replay again as i just did, you'll see Bedsy is quite clearly the instigator. Like i said i'm not being smart, just calling it as i see it.

Nuffy

Bench
I just hope that now the touch judges have decreed that all swearing must be punished.

In EVERY game, every week, players scream at the touch judges and or ref.

All should now be penalised, so next week there will be 50 penalties per game.

The touch judge is a olympic class sook and I notice he chose to ignore any amount of sh*t in the play the balls but asks for a penalty for swearing?

Give me a F**king break.

Plus the Stom are masters at wrestling in the tackle to make it look like the tackle is going on longer than it is. Thats their slowing tactic, keeping wrestling even after the tackle is completed.

chinorocks

Juniors
Where was "hero" on the forward passes that led to 2 of their trys???

Where was "hero" when Billy Slater forced a Knights error chasing through a kick when he was CLEARLY 2 metres in front of the kicker (note I am not refering to Slaters try, I am refering to a different incident).

Where was "hero" when Milton didn't knock on scoring his no try.

I have a suggestion......................let all the touchies wear dresses.......:lol:

and put a muzzle on all players while ur at it.

Parki

Bench
Russell you bloody hero
screwed up our season you nerd.
Russell you bloody hero "its only a word".
And as even Joey said so, he said “**** give us a fair go”
Russell you bloody hero "Get f**ked for me".

Ben

Bench
:lol: That's pretty good. A good chant to start up if he is officiating another Knights game.

Doctor

Bench
Probably the most disappointing thing is how Melbourne have handled it. The coach and at least one player have come out and hit back at suggestions they are still using the grapple tackle. It's fine to deny the use of the illegal technique (who can blame them for defending themselves), but to mention that the only player to have been penalised for grapple-tackling in the game was a Knights player (Carney) is just silly.

The irony isn't lost on me that the team with perhaps only 10% of the grapple tackles in the game are the only ones picked up and penalised. It's all well and good for the Storm to claim the morale high ground, but it does nothing but add to the argument that the Storm are using illegal methods and they are getting away with it. That point is very clear.

Latest posts