What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V Storm - Team

~knights~

Juniors
Simmo hasn't got the all-clear yet

has to wait until friday for the clearance

and macdougall couldn't train today but reckons he will be right for monday
lol.gif

source:nbn news (see video thread)

Knights01

Juniors
Ah let the headaches begin Brian... a team playing well with top players champing at the bit to get back in 'somehow'....

A huge assignment this week going down to Melbourne to play them at the so call 'graveyard'... Melb aren't travelling as high as they once did...

Can't wait until next Monday night... bring it on!!!

Misanthrope

Staff member
What the hell is Tame Pup doing anywhere near that side? A win over the competition leaders should mean zero changes - so unless Lulia is injured, Mad Dog's inclusion is farcical.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Harsh to drop Lulia. Our defence on the fringes was flawless last week. I can't see why Smith would change it Mad Dog is starting to become a liability in defence and doesn't really bring much to attack these days with most outside backs being the same size if not bigger than him.

chinorocks

Juniors
Brian has a hard on for Mad Dog or Mad Dog has naked pictures of Brian. Only explanations I can come up with for Mad Dog being anywhere near first grade.

Hilder should be our lock. Plain and simple. He is a freak tackling machine and is in my view the best defender in this comp on form right now. Statistically he has made over 95 % effective tackles. Big call i know but i don't give a s###. Hilder, Houston and Pato as our back row. Simmo to the Front row with Crossy. Keith Lulia has been a revelation in the last month. A kid with tons of ability who is working tirelessly to tighten his game. Notice how he never ever makes the same error twice. Wish someone named MacDougall could say such a thing. Lulia has rep potential written all over him.

BG

Juniors
I'm :| about Mad Dog, but I think some of you are going over the top. I know stats don't tell the full story, especially about things like positioning in defense where a lot of the criticism against Doogs is aimed.

Nevertheless, dividing NRL stats by games played (based on Doogs 2 games and Lulia 6, I think that's correct?)

AVERAGES PER GAME
Metres run: Doogs 126 / Lulia 73
Off-loads: Doogs 3 / Lulia 0.3
Line-break assists: Doogs 2 / Lulia 0.16
Line Breaks: Doogs 0.5 / Lulia 0.3
Tackle breaks: Doogs 2 / Lulia 2.5
Tackles: Doogs 8 / 6.8
Ineffective tkls: Doogs 0.5 / Lulia 0.5
Missed tkls: Doogs 0 / Lulia 0.8

And in the second of the two games he's played Doogs was reputedly injured in his first hit-up.

Jono078

Referee
Id like to see Cooper Vuna's stats when playing with Mad dog and then Lulia, Doogs just leaves him alone to much.

MC DUI

Juniors
Good team named by both sides, going to be a cracker of a match.

Even if all the Storm's test players back up I can see us giving them a serious run. I do think we need two kicking halves down there though, the ground is a difficult one to kick at and I'm not sure Bailey will be up for it?

antonius

Coach
Mad dog won't play. It was reported on this mornings local radio that Doogs had re-injured his knee (wait for it) playing paintball on Monday. He is deadset worse now than he was with us first time around. He has his own seat booked in the grandstand.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Mad Dog is the new George Carmont

Not even close.

I hate seeing Maddog playing so sh*t he was one of my favourite players and still is but his losing his touch. The toughness is still their but the brains have gone right out the window.

Carmont was never good I seriosuly dont know how he got a FG contract to start with.

perverse

Referee
Mad dog won't play. It was reported on this mornings local radio that Doogs had re-injured his knee (wait for it) playing paintball on Monday. He is deadset worse now than he was with us first time around. He has his own seat booked in the grandstand.
i think doogs' body is really trying to tell him something. he needs to listen.

League_God

Juniors
Hilder should be our lock. Plain and simple. He is a freak tackling machine and is in my view the best defender in this comp on form right now. Statistically he has made over 95 % effective tackles. Big call i know but i don't give a s###. Hilder, Houston and Pato as our back row. Simmo to the Front row with Crossy. Keith Lulia has been a revelation in the last month. A kid with tons of ability who is working tirelessly to tighten his game. Notice how he never ever makes the same error twice. Wish someone named MacDougall could say such a thing. Lulia has rep potential written all over him.

thats definately the way to go.
with our depth in the backrow.
agree 100% with everything youve said.
hilder has to be our lock.
with simmo, bedsy, hilder defending in the middle, wow......

i agree with the bailey taking mad dogs spot. I am a huge fan of bailey's running game, especially close to the line and could be well utilised playing in the centres.

MC DUI

Juniors
Knights got given a +11.5 start! I know we have been smashed there plenty of times but this year is different IMO.

Obviously the punters agree, originally the +11.5 was $1.90, it's now at $1.70

Stranger

Coach
When you started posting here i thought you were a bit of a wanker :crazy:

Top post though mate :p

The Devil

Bench
Maddog reinjured his knee AGAIN?
He should really retire already.

Agree totally, though I'd like to keep him around in some sort of capacity. Vuna's runs against the Titans looked like Mad Dog in his prime.

P.S is that your DA9 in your DP? Nice looking machine there :)

Latest posts