What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Tigers:Post Match Thread

Johns Magic

Referee
Big Tim2 said:
I understand that. I was just making a point that all wingers come off their wing, and it is instinct. Problem is you cant always guess what another human is going to do.

What I am saying is, all wingers come off their wing and sometimes they get burned. Dont get me wrong I was yelling at Quinn (through the TV mind you) when "he" let the try in, just like I was cheering him when he got the intercept.

You do some things on your own line that make you look like a hero or a moron. He did both today. Blaming the winger in ALL cases is what I have an issue with. But rushing up when there is 60m of green behind you is not on.

Quinn's was alot more difficult though, it looked like Carmont might've missed the tackle. He was still wrong in doing it, but he came in for a reason.

Carney just stands in the centres regardless of who has the ball.

Alex28

Coach
Carney did pretty well in stopping the close call right on half time though...it's easy to pick out his errors (lets face it - there are plenty to remember), but he did at least one good thing in defence :)

Johns Magic

Referee
Alex28 said:
Carney did pretty well in stopping the close call right on half time though...it's easy to pick out his errors (lets face it - there are plenty to remember), but he did at least one good thing in defence :)

Alex, I know you're trying to be positive, but go and watch the replay.

Carney let Elford get outside him and was lucky to just get there before he could score. They met on the tryline(Carney was wrong-footed), Elford bumped off Carney, and if it hadn't been for Kidley coming across and taking him out, Elford would have scored.

If getting beaten by the winger, running backwards, getting bumped off, and having a teammate cover tackle for you is good work, then Carney was outstanding.

Alex28

Coach
there was a touch of sarcasm there mate...i made it more obvious in the appreciation thread...

astrogirl

First Grade
stevo said:
I think i seen the Crusade at the end there. Didn't see a sign though so not sure. Astro were you at the game?
Not today - I was in Newcastle for Mother's Day!

jamesgould

Juniors
Big Tim2 said:
I understand that. I was just making a point that all wingers come off their wing, and it is instinct. Problem is you cant always guess what another human is going to do.

What I am saying is, all wingers come off their wing and sometimes they get burned. Dont get me wrong I was yelling at Quinn (through the TV mind you) when "he" let the try in, just like I was cheering him when he got the intercept.

You do some things on your own line that make you look like a hero or a moron. He did both today. Blaming the winger in ALL cases is what I have an issue with. But rushing up when there is 60m of green behind you is not on.

:thumb

jamesgould

Juniors
chinorocks said:
If its possible to call an international/origin backrower under rated, then Simmo is under rated, by everyone but Newcastle fans. Never gets the wraps he deserves, where guys like Fitzy, Hindmarsh and O'Donnell do.

Mark Geyer is about the only guy that always sings Simpson's praises ... as far as the media goes.

RABK

Referee
Simpson is the world's best backrower IMO. Deadset Hindmarsh has got nothing on him so far this season.

antonius

Coach
Bean was awful and did anyone else think that the line dropout ruled when Quinn appeared to bat the ball out was incorrect, on the replay I’m sure the ball came off Hodgesons knees, Johns was yelling at Bean to check it, but he ignored him. Bean canned us in the first half the Tigers had 6 penalties before we got one, and he let them lay all over our guys all game.
Anyway back to the game. I thought Kidley had one of his better games, great in defence, and did some good things with his running game. Someone needs to get in Carneys head about his positional play in defence, he’s up too far, and in too far every time. The other teams have worked it out too, that’s why the Tigers attack was almost exclusively down his side, he is absolutely awful there. As someone said it’s a game we prob would’ve lost in previous years, and we have done it a few times now this year, (won the close ones) Simmo had another great game, as did Smith he is a robot that guy. Have to say also that the try Marshall set up for Heighington was brilliant to watch.

Rod

Bench
jamesgould said:
Mark Geyer is about the only guy that always sings Simpson's praises ... as far as the media goes.

Gus really likes him as well. I remember against the Dragons last year he was saying how underrated he was, and that if he doesn't get into the Aussie team it would be a joke.

PrideKnight

Bench
wow i hate that. i need a couple of good drubbings to allow my haert to build back to its pre-round 6 condition.

i really want to wound bean, moreso after watching the replay on fox last night.

welcome to the forums ricki!! were you at the game? or did you see us on tv?

ricki_knights

Juniors
nah i was out late the night before watchin the FA CUP so i woke up just wen the game was startin so i seen some of the guys on TV

Latest posts