What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Warriors Post Match Talk

knighty

Juniors
get rid of johns, and hughes, and perry, buy a decent, injury free halfback and start f**king winning.500,000 for a broken jaw?

knighty

Juniors
get rid of johns, and hughes, and perry, buy a decent, injury free halfback and start f**king winning.500,000 for a broken jaw?

knighty

Juniors
i have followed the knights for about 4 - 5 yrs and never did i once think we would be in the state we are in now. there is something very wrong with the club. i have never seen an injury list as long as ours, which tells me that there is something very wrong with our conditioning.our players are f**ked,our staff are f**ked and it is simply disgracefull, the sh*t they are producing every single f**king week.christ we dont even have a sponsor, or a leagues club, or a fit f**king halfback.f**ck fat ass off and buy a decent halfback who wants to play for the knights.

antonius

Coach
OK back to the game. We were awesome in the first half, Abes playing wide was absolutely rolling them on the fringes, Johns was looking his old self. I'm not going to make excuses here, but I thought the injury to Abes was a turning point, and let me say a couple of Smiths rulings in the second half were dumbfounding, one where he awarded the Warriors a penalty on our line for carrying on with the tackle was absolute bull, at no stage did he call Price held, and Price was still struggling towards the line, out of the blue he blows a penalty and they score. Johns goes off with a busted jaw, and we fall to pieces. Have to say amongst it all, I thought Simmo was great The man that really stands tall though is Craig Smith, He might be playing in an ordinary team but he looks head and shoulders over the rest of them, great defence, great work ethic. We deadset must have killed twenty Chinamen to deserve the deal we are getting at the moment. Until Abes and Johns were injured I thought we just might have turned the corner, now I'm shattered like the rest of you. I have to say also anyone who watched Premier League couldn't fail to notice Nathan Hinton at fullback, he is a class act and will be a top class player inthe future, Spiteri also stood out. All in all though a grim end to what looked like being a top opening for the new stand.
How P!ssed was Costa????

ozbash

Referee
joey was playing bloody well in the first half and so was the rest of the team.
buderus was there a game ( or 2) too early.
we played like a pack of broken arsed hacks for the first half and then pulled finger in the 2nd.

a draw would have been a better result.

Ben

Bench
we played well for a good 60 minutes today, then bad luck just killed us...im just scared what will happen next week

Brendon

Juniors
funny that..... last year we had a no name side........ its very similar

but in saying that..... Dogs wont lose 5 in a row.....

IanG

Coach
Exactly ppl. We lead 20-0 and still lose the bloody game. We really should've put'em to the sword. SImple as that. Admittadly Joey breaking his jaw and abes breaking his leg didn't help but those last couple of trys the Warriors scored were bloody soft.

knights04

Bench
On the plus side Bedsy is back. As usual doing most of the work up front while everyone else has a cup of tea.

Ben

Bench
IanG said:
Exactly ppl. We lead 20-0 and still lose the bloody game. We really should've put'em to the sword. SImple as that. Admittadly Joey breaking his jaw and abes breaking his leg didn't help but those last couple of trys the Warriors scored were bloody soft.
this is what the knights are known to be...have a great first half, only to slack off in the second and to lose the game...im still haunted by the knights bulldogs game a couple of years ago

Misanthrope

Staff member
Watching that first half was a deadset pleasure. It was like we were the team of old, again. The fact we were capable of such a performance despite our depleted roster is reason for hope.

That said, our lack of fitness, and the loss of direction after Johns left the field was woeful. To have three tries put on us in the last ten minutes is woeful. We should have won that game, and won it comfortably.

Earl

Coach
ozbash said:
joey was playing bloody well in the first half and so was the rest of the team.
buderus was there a game ( or 2) too early.
we played like a pack of broken arsed hacks for the first half and then pulled finger in the 2nd.

a draw would have been a better result.

The Warriors discipline is deadset, so pathetic, it makes me a Storm supporter want to cry.

If they don't improve in all areas they will fight it out with Newcastle for the spoon.

Doctor

Bench
The information I had was that until this round, no side had lost after leading by by 12 points or more this season. You can correct me, but there was a stat floating around during the Roosters V Bulldogs match on Friday that the Roosters would have to overcome a trend this season against them coming back from 12-0 or 16-0 down.

The Knights have now succeeded in breaking into new territory -- stuffing a 20-point lead by conceeding tries at the end of both halves. It must be an endurance thing; they don't have any. In any case, I continue to have big concerns about our ball-handling and tackling. Two key areas, yet we don't seem to have improved at all in the six weeks of football.

Let's face it: the Warriors played poorly in the first half, and contributed to the 20-point deficit against them. It was only logical that they would come back, but the Knights fell asleep at the wheel. They were in the box-seat, and just about any other cliche you can think of.

They blew it again -- I sat in my chair at the ground for about 15 minutes after the game. I wasn't crying or emotional at all. But without thinking, my brain had decided that the game wasn't finished: I was subconsciously waiting for more, assuming that what I had just seen must have been a pre-halftime lapse in concentration. That slackening off cost us the game.

I've always tried to be positive, but quite frankly I can't see us winning one for a while -- the Bulldogs, Raiders, Roosters and Tigers will show no mercy. I'm not even sure we can beat the bye. We're in more of a shambles than before.

Let's hope they learn how to catch and tackle. :|

Whats Doing

Bench
Our lack of fitness again was clearly evident. The second half showed how far we are behind all the other sides. To lead by 20 in the first game at home and get run over was pathetic. Well done nuffies.

First half was fantastic..we were on song and Johns was firing and rallying and doing everything to show that he was almost back to it..in fact id say he was back to it..then we have dunbass Quigley with a stoopid forearm penalty before halftime to give the warriors another shot
26-14- Johns goes down.
26-14-Buderus goes for a kick near halfway that does ntget off the ground and the Warriors get the ball back..Quigley is slow to see an inside runner that the entire ground can see is coming and he doenst make the tackle :evil:
26-20 and freakin Selkeld goes to CATCH THE BLOODY BALL FROM THE SHOT AT GOAL..JESUS HARRY H CHRIST!!!!
These 2 plays cost us the match,,The warriors should never have had the Goddamn ball!!!!!

First half was fantastic..we were on song and Johns was firing and rallying and doing everything to show that he was almost back to it..in fact id say he was back to it..then we have dunbass Quigley with a stoopid forearm penalty before halftime to give the warriors another shot
26-14- Johns goes down.
26-14-Buderus goes for a kick near halfway that does ntget off the ground and the Warriors get the ball back..Quigley is slow to see an inside runner that the entire ground can see is coming and he doenst make the tackle :evil:
26-20 and freakin Selkeld goes to CATCH THE BLOODY BALL FROM THE SHOT AT GOAL..JESUS HARRY H CHRIST!!!!
These 2 plays cost us the match,,The warriors should never have had the Goddamn ball!!!!!

Latest posts