What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V's Cowboys Post Match Thread

princessjen

Juniors
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
How could Kennedy drop that ball?!?!?! :evil: :evil:
I am shattered.
What about that bloody ref when Carmont tackled that guy. There was nothing in that tackle and the cowboys got a penatly. :cry: :x :x :x

Misanthrope

Staff member
Woeful. I'm all but prepared to write off our season. We're no chance at winning enough of our last games to qualify.

princessjen

Juniors
I've hurt my voice now from screaming at the stupid bloody tv. I'm so mad this is the ever. I would like to kill BK right now even though I feel sorry for him. Go on everyone, have a rant.

Risa

Bench
Furious! I'd say that Kurt Gidley's little forearm cost us the game.

But...what Ben Kennedy did was inexcusable.....

We suck, don't deserve to make the semis....

that ref had a shocker, some calls he got right, but the important ones he got wrong, mind you we should have went on with our halftime lead and not let them back in the game

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
princessjen said:
What about that bloody ref when Carmont tackled that guy. There was nothing in that tackle and the cowboys got a penatly. :cry: :x :x :x
The funniest thing about that was when Danny said to the Ref, "Is that a new rule is it? Stay down to get a penalty?" Haha go Danny. He was so frustrated with the Ref today. I don't think I've ever seen him like that.

Our season is over now for sure. I really thought we would win today. We are no chance now.

That was a good tactic by the Cowboys, kicking to the dopey second rower (no offence Kenno) who has probably never had to catch a ball under pressure in his life. But gee the Cowboys had quite a few attempts at a field goal didn't they? I kept thinking we would win, but I guess it just wasn't to be. :cry:

eastsrule

Bench
Some of the things Jason Robinson did, he did well. But I noticed a errors, that proved extremely costly.

I think 3 main incidents cost us the game; The charge down try, where was the fullback? Ben Kennedy's offload after the "Held call", which was stupid, play the ball, pass back for a field goal and; Kurt Gidley's penalty with the forearm.

northey

First Grade
but we did lose and they way the boys are going wooden spoon is in our sight
go for it knights try for the wooden spoon. atm they don't deserve to get in the top eight
found it funny when clint was sent off

Whats Doing

Bench
They all should be ashamed of themselves. To lead 18-6 at home and with the wind behind them in the 2nd half, it was a disgrace.

There are huge problems with the style of play and the personnel they got. There are some players out there that are just too soft for this level.

MOON MAN

Juniors
Congratulations to both teams for a highly entertaining game! Although a bit scrappy at times, it was nailbiting stuff. Enjoyed the game, not only because the cowboys won, but because it was exciting footy from both teams.

Risa

Bench
Leading 18-6 at half time I thought we'd go away with it. I was so angry when we let them score three quick tries.

One thing - Matt Gidley at 5/8 isn't the best option. He seemed too kick happy on 3rd tackle for my liking.

princessjen

Juniors
princessjen wrote:
What about that bloody ref when Carmont tackled that guy. There was nothing in that tackle and the cowboys got a penatly.

The funniest thing about that was when Danny said to the Ref, "Is that a new rule is it? Stay down to get a penalty?" Haha go Danny. He was so frustrated with the Ref today. I don't think I've ever seen him like that.
Wouldn't it have been nice if Danny had have decked the ref. Or maybe not then he'd be gone for a lengthy suspesion. But it still would have been amusing ;-) I was so angry about that, Carmont didn't even have him around the neck, there was NOTHING in that tackle, he was milking it for all it was worth for a penalty

Im venting all my anger at BK until i calm down....Damn you Ben
me too. poor bloke

Our season is over now for sure. I really thought we would win today. We are no chance now.
I've tried to have faith but its definitley gone. Last weeks win was excusable but today? No excuse

MC DUI

Juniors
:cry: Very disappointing end to the match. Congrats to the Cowboys they came back excellently. No point in blowing up at BK people we didn't lose that match in extra-time we lost it well before.

The Cows always looked like winning at the end there having all the chances. At least we now know what both sides of goldenpoint feel like.

Nuffy

Bench
We were embarassing, how many home games have we actually turned up ready to play.

Every time a team arrives at EAS, they show more passion and commitment than our team of Jokes.

Plus can there be more idiots in one team than the Knights, Perrys penalties, Kidleys penalties, his charge downs, his ridiculous chip kick.

The team lacks passion, with the exception of Buderus it lacks pride and most of all it lacks footballing ability and brains.

The intensity in defence was missing.

PLUS, all you Kidley supporters, he is NO better than rudder, his options in attack are so predictably bad, he takes the wrong option every time. Can we stop dreaming that he is some great playmaker.

This is the worst Newcastle team EVER, even in the early days we showed passion.

Can Hagan actually get a team to perform, on the evidence this year NO.

Has the team improved since 01, NO.

Do we deserve to make the eight NO.

Are we any chance of winning a premiership in the next 5 years, NO.

Are we the most embarassing team in the NRL, Yes.

Timana's girl

Juniors
How is it that newcastle can come so close to winning against brisbane and the cowboys? i mean, they are both completly diff sides as far as winning potential goes. If we had played like we did in the bris game, we would have won 4 sure. Man i hope sharks and raiders loose.

Latest posts