What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights vs Dogs Trial Game

Yosh

Coach
If you're talking about the trial, who cares because half the team never got out of first gear as they know they will be on the team sheet in round 1. Ponga included.

Generally he doesn't do as much of the traditional fullback work the other top fullbacks do. If he needs to be touching the ball four or five times a set he should be in the halves.
Just in general...

mozza91

Coach
Just going to put this out there... Am I the only one that thinks Ponga lacks work rate is too low? He seems to stand around and wait for the ball instead of wanting the ball in his hands all the time. If I was as good as he is with the ball, I'd push people out of the way to get the ball into my hands. Is it a structural thing? Cronk was commentating that Ponga isn't getting the ball enough and he should be getting it at first receiver instead of Mann.
He’ll be fine. He’s coming off a full preseason and is hopefully over his shoulder problems.

I’m expecting huge things from him in attack aswell as a significant improvement defensively.

I think he’s focusing big time on his support play and that offloads from our forwards and 2nd phase play will be a major part of our attack.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
He’ll be fine. He’s coming off a full preseason and is hopefully over his shoulder problems.

I’m expecting huge things from him in attack aswell as a significant improvement defensively.

I think he’s focusing big time on his support play and that offloads from our forwards and 2nd phase play will be a major part of our attack.
I really hope we get to see a significant increase in offloads from our forwards because second phase play makes such a difference in this game especially under the new rules. Ponga would tear teams to shreads even more so than usual if he actually had people around him creating those sorts of opportunities.