What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights vs Dogs Trial Game

Knight Tales

Juniors
Adam Clune and Cliff have plenty to prove this year and are playing accordingly. A full year with Joey could be their making.

Mann was actually good at 13. Maybe a little too much 1st receiver

Clune is going to be good value for us. Very serviceable

Klem played big minutes. Not sure why but he looked like he had a mission to off load

Our Reggie's look good this year. Depth, especially in the pack will be good for us

Jono078

Referee
Klemmer earned himself a starting spot for Round 1 off that performance. More like his first few years here with more intent than last year and throw in the ball-playing, if he keeps that up he could be in for a really good year .
Is he on a contract year?

If so then yeah I’m expecting a big year from him. Question is whether the new age game has passed him. But tonight shows he still has lots to offer.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Is he on a contract year?

If so then yeah I’m expecting a big year from him. Question is whether the new age game has passed him. But tonight shows he still has lots to offer.
Not sure.

I think there's still hope for a player like Klemmer with some mobile and creative forwards around him (some coaching needed in this regard with what we've got). If he can continue to try and innovate his game with something a bit different like we saw today with ball-playing and can up his aggression/intent a bit from last year, I think he'll still be an important player for us.

Yosh

Coach
Our play was 'adventurous' . I would like to say it was 'controlled' but that seems too generous. Perhaps 'directed' is the word I'm looking for. I'm plenty happy if we keep that structure and improve on the execution.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Didn’t get to watch.
sounds like we played pretty well with our better players then let the dogs catch up with the “reserves” out there?
Will try to catch a replay

macavity

Referee
Thompson, Klem and Clune the best.
Not sold on Young.
Clune needs to be buy of the year for us to do anything. Good start. Surprisingly quick…but gee he is tiny. I wince when forwards run at him.

Thompson was good. Didn’t know what to expect but he has a big dig.

Croker best of the rest at the end.

Young is very rocks and diamonds. Could end up a fantastic winger or could end up costing us a lot of games while we persist.

We win that game if Gagai can catch 😉

Yosh

Coach
Tuala seems like a far superior finisher than Young. However, Young potentially could be anything. Fast, strong, long, aggressive and great work ethic. Hopefully he turns into an all star back rower once he gets older.

Clune is tiny but has the heart or a lion it seemed. Couldn't ask more from the lad tonight. Happy to see him and Crossland fight it over for the starting seven spot.

Jono078

Referee
I'm not sold on Young as a winger. He might be a better centre?

I have no doubt Tuala is a cleaner finisher than Young. Everything Young does looks rough around the edge, but there is shitload of potential there will should come with game time in reserves.

The 3 players I was impressed with were
Klemmer
Clune
Thomson

Thomson looks to be a good backup.
Klemmer showed spirit from the start. Even if he didn't he'd still likely show up with massive metres and PCM. That's Klem.
Clune controlled a lot of play which is something we haven't seen much of from the halves for a while.

Mann was OK at lock. Shock, horror.

Ponga took on a lot more field kicking. Joey's influence. I just hope the shift there isn't too much.

Gagai really didn't impress me.
Lack of good ball to Best again but Best did his, um, best with what he got.

Latest posts