What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V's Eels Post Match Talk

exknightsfan

Juniors
alex23, ive never posted before, what the hell u talking about, only signed up after the game, and i aint gutless mate

les norton

First Grade
I couldnt watch the game so a big thanks to alex and VOR for the rundown.

All i could do was watch the live updates with baited breathe...that sucked enough. Kinda glad i didnt see the match.

fosie

Juniors
Its like mood swings. They happen when they want to and strike hard or soft. Thats how we've been playing. Nightmare to tip these days.
Whats goin on?? What a shocker of a game.

Missa

Juniors
im shattered as i said but i have calmed down now and i hope like hell we can bounce back and get a few wins...we have the cowgirls next week with no origin stars and then the goosters..ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....y oh y was that pass thrown we had the game wonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :x :( :cry: #-o

les norton

First Grade
we all take a loss badly xKF but theres taking a loss badly and deserting your team....we dont like that around here.

Glenn

First Grade
I think some people need a dose of reality here, from a Parramatta supporter who has been supporting the team through this latest slump, stick by the team in the good times and the bad. Despite this loss tonight, I would be very surprised if Newcastle aren't in the mix come finals time. 8)

STUPID-dumb-Immature-Selfish-DUMB-IMMATURE PLAY
3 Minute to go and Parra need the ball to win.
You sure as HELL dont give them a sniff when your 2 metres off the line and Go WIDE!
The defence has to only take 2 or 3 steps and they are in your face.
You dribble the ball into the...in...goal :shock: and you might get it back or they are hammered wih no where to go.
Parramatta should never have been in a position to win it .
We lost it with DUMB football. :roll:

Come on boys...Lets not let Brisbane be our G.F. for 2 years in a row :evil: :evil:

Glenn said:
I would be very surprised if Newcastle aren't in the mix come finals time. 8)

hmm, cant see us making the 8... We will lose too many games that we should win... Like tonights :x

exknightsfan

Juniors
les norton said:
we all take a loss badly xKF but theres taking a loss badly and deserting your team....we dont like that around here.

oh gee, im sorry les, ill try and be more happier just for you, next time we lose to a bunch of toe rags

eddo

Juniors
Alex28 said:
Wow...what a finish.

First of all - congratulations Parramatta. They have had a tough time of it of late. They deserved to win - they were simply hungrier than the Knights were in the second half, and they kept going in the last 10 when they looked like they were gone. Their defence was great - they did a job on Kidley and Buderus.

We really lacked direction tonight. Parramatta kept Kidley and Buderus quiet tonight, and exposed the rest of the team in a bad way. There was simply no one to move the team forward. There was all the fancy passing - got us nowhere. Lots of fancy stepping - got us nowhere.

Steve Witt made a heap of tackles - is that what we need out of a 5/8? He never ever looked like he was going to create anything in attack. I didnt even realise Josh Perry was playing until the 70th minute when he made a run. There were so many anonymous players out there waiting for Buderus and Kidley to do something - and that only really happened in the last 15 minutes.

Some good signs...Matt Gidley did pretty well in attack and defence from fullback I though. Tahu had a pretty solid return - what he was thinking under that high ball at the end of the 1st half is beyond me. I thought Wooly had a good game as well.

But my player of the match was Michael Ennis. He really has the potential to make lock his position. It would be great to have another kicking option, and he really put in some booming kicks. Solid in defence, made some good attacking runs. Well done.

It just looked like yet another Knights performance where the team was waiting for someone else to create something. Whats happened to the Knights that played the Broncos?

Nothing I can add here. summed it up as I saw it. "the P" was my man of the match also :clap: . I think you've been harsh on witty.

Some real gutsy efforts form a select few at times, but then in the first 20 mins of second half plenty went missing. :(
10 points lead at half time, was not a good gauge of the effort put in, but was never going to be enough to get us home.

St george loss and the tigers loss should help us in not sliding too far down the ladder.
A Parra win really didnt make much difference to us in terms of posi.
Looks like the gap in widening at the top and bunching in the middle.
Cows are only 1 point behind us so its time to pull the proverbial finger out.!!!!!

eddo

Juniors
Chicken_Hunter said:
I knew we would lose.... And i was dead set certain we would throw an intercept, i loudly predicted it watching the game tonight.. And yes it happened.. God i hate when i am right. :(

well it was a intercept that sunk us at halftime in the roosters game.
STOP BLOODY CALLING THEM CH!

Sweeper

Juniors
exknightsfan said:
les norton said:

oh gee, im sorry les, ill try and be more happier just for you, next time we lose to a bunch of toe rags
Pfft... now you're just going to listen to anyone? Your out of line! Bad things happen when good people do nothing :!:

30 years of symmetrical All Wheel Drive powered by a boxer engine - the Subaru advantage.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Thanks for providing a voice of reason there Glenn. While I'm a Knights' fan through and through- there are a number of other teams I admire a lot. Parramatta have always been one of them, and congrats on the win today.

Glenn

First Grade
Not a prob, generally speaking as far as opposition supporters go Newcastle are very close to the best IMHO, and the team definitly up there as one I admire.
Thanks for the congrats, it has been a very frustrating 5 weeks..good luck next week vs the Cowboys 8)

First of all let me say whoever says that they r abandoning the Knights after tonites effort arent true Knights fans!!!

This will be a huge kick up the ass for the boys and how do u think they feel right now? I mean we say we feel bad and disappointed, what bout The Knights??? The team that busts their backsides 2 play decent footy 4 us 2 watch, they need our damn support instead of bloody criticism!

I challenge every single Knights fan here, if ur a true Knights supporter then prove it! This weekend we are going upto Townsville and giving it our damn best shot!!!! We will beat the Cowboys next saturday night and then.......... rise 2 the occasion again 2 beat the Roosters!

On behalf of all Knights fans, boys we r sooo proud of you and we believe in u!!!!! Bad luck 2nite but pick urselves, dust urselves off and go out their and kick ass!!

NEW CAS TLE NEW CAS TLE :) :) :) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ironcross

Juniors
I think some people are upset for no reason. It was only 4 weeks ago you were all over the moon about beating Brisbane.

Newcastle should have won last night, the last 5 minutes was very poor. They should have been securing the win rather then trying to do fancy play to score. They would be on top of the table this year, if they wrapped up the games properly. There has only been one game that they weren't in the contest.

It's going to be tough for them to stay in the top 8, but i'm sure they can do it.

Tyne'e

It is so hard to believe people, It sounds like KNIGHTS fans (and EX Knights fans) are no better than Richmond (AFL) and Parramatta supporters.
No matter what, you stick to the team through thick and thin.
Hurry Back BK, Simmo, Robbie, Matty P.

Does anyone think there has been a change in training methods in sport?
I have never seen so many Hammy injuries.

A disgraceful effort by all last night. For years we've been building on this "experience will make them better" attitude, but it blew up in everyone's face last night.

A select few certainly saw their value in negotiation fall last night. Oh, and the reggies got towled again, no surprises there though.