What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V's Tigers Post Match Thread.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Missa said:
the young guys will be better for the go this year in the long run....it was a hard season to watch but i know we will come out a better team next year with the attitude that we can show and use to win games..
I agree with that. It wasn't our best season... however there is some great memories from it.

I was so proud of the effort the boys put in last night and the 2 try's Robbie saved were a classic. :clap:
I really enjoyed being at the game and I knew the Knights would win this one. I was happy to see the Tigers stay on the feild while they had a tribute to Robbie and Parso as well.
What I wasn't impressed withwas Knights fans leaving the game with 5 mins to go :roll:

Johns Magic

Referee
Honestly, it's a rebuilding phase here. Our team is now very young as we have gotten rid of most of the old and perenially injured players. We shouldn't be so devestated by injury next year.

Just how good is Steve Simpson....Much better than "the Flopper" from Goosters Fitzgibbon!!!.I think that simpson might regain a test spot on that performance alone.
Wasnt it vintage robbie..right up until the last tackle if the match when the filthy tigers got one on him....
CONGRATS ROBBIE!!! YOu left nothing out there!

Parki

Bench
I just cant believe the off season is finally here...... its so depressing....... Lets send a message to the knights ceos that if they ever rob us of our september fun ever again there will be trouble...

Only kidding I know the boys tried hard this year, hopefully they will be back bigger and better next year

thuganomics

Coach
Johns Magic said:
Honestly, it's a rebuilding phase here. Our team is now very young as we have gotten rid of most of the old and perenially injured players. We shouldn't be so devestated by injury next year.

I thought that this year, and look what happend. :x

antonius

Coach
Well really we are out of our misery at last. It was good to see the boys that are leaving go out on a winning note. Robbie turned in a blinder for his last game. Simmo again proved how much we've missed him this year, Buderus >>>> what a gutsy guy he is, he could have said the game means nothing and stayed in bed resting his foot, but not Danny he's all heart that guy. I was watching the videas at the end there while the boys were doing the lap of honour, and gee you don't realise just how many tries Tahu scored off Gidley till it's there in front of you, it will be interesting to see how he goes next season, saying that though he is a class act on the field. Sad to see O'Davis going but honestly his time is up, better to go now than hang on another year because I have no doubt he would've been in Premier league, not the way for a guy like Robbie to finish. BK seems to have lost a bit of confidence since that Cowboys game, he really has made some bloopers in his last few games for us, again watching the video on Sat he was a great buy for this club.
Lets hope the club learnt from this year and do something about remedying some glaring probs within the team, as said in another thread, the whole club needs to have a good look at the defensive strategies of the sides, watching the grades on Saturday was like watching replays all day when it came to defensive lapses. A lot of people in the media have been saying we don't produce the juniors anymore, I would dispute that, when you watch Flegg, and Premier League there is some great talent there, maybe we just aren't developing it like we used to, or we are not doing enough tokeep the guys that we should.
Anyway like I said it's over for another year, bring on 2005.

Doctor

Bench
Not a bad effort from the Knights. The Tigers had everything to play for, especially now given hindsight, they had to win the game. There was a lot of emotion from both sides -- but the better team just got over the line.

It's been a couple of days since the game, so my memory is a tad rusty. Nevertheless, it is probably the back three for the Knights that deserve much of the credit.

O'Davis, Hall and Quinn were near-faultless at the back -- they defended well (exceptionally), worked hard with the ball, and were the main instigators of our efforts to get out of our own half.

Steve Simpson was particularly good -- defensively our best with the most tackles. I thought Ben Kennedy, despite the odd silly penalty, was pretty good. Josh Perry also had problems with the referee -- much of them his fault entirely -- and despite pretty solid metres, he still doesn't really compare with others. The usual suspects, Buderus etc, all performed admirably too.

An interesting point: Our error rate improved no-end. Of all the games this weekend, the Knights had the least amount of errors ( 8 ). Canberra also produced that figure, but were playing South Sydney. If the Knights could keep their error-count under 8 each week (along with lowering their missed-tackle rate), they'd win more games than they lost, regardless of injuries.

It's a pretty good way to conclude what has been an ordinary season. 10th position isn't too bad given the injuries and other disruptions during the year.

Andy

First Grade
eah I thought everyone stepped up this week and we resembled a footy team. Not a premiership threat by any means, but defiantely a footy team.

Here's to next season...

~bedsy~

First Grade
antonius said:
Simmo again proved how much we've missed him this year, Buderus >>>> what a gutsy guy he is, he could have said the game means nothing and stayed in bed resting his foot, but not Danny he's all heart that guy. I was watching the videas at the end there while the boys were doing the lap of honour, and gee you don't realise just how many tries Tahu scored off Gidley till it's there in front of you, it will be interesting to see how he goes next season, saying that though he is a class act on the field.
You don't realise how much you miss Simmo until his gone.
That's just the type of guy Danny is. You can tell that when you met him.
I'm depressed that we won't be able too see that great combo of Tahu and Gidley come next yr.

Latest posts