What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knightsrebuild - time to do something.

slotmachine

First Grade
Going to be interesting to see what weirdos come out of the woodwork campaigning for/against the purchase.

Last edited:

Pedge1971

First Grade
Yeah, you want to be excited, but then you realise Buzz Rothfield is behind the scoop.

Hope if true they are willing to let Brown see it through

Exactly. Buzz Rothfield behind a scoop that Barry Toohey has been updating on for 6+ months lol....

Old dog

Juniors
Yeah this was the vid I was referring to in the Dogs match day thread. Particulaly liked his comments around imminent signing announcements and the good young blokes coming through.
Me liked it to, was very good , if you haven't watched do so, like or no like what has been happening

Still Nutty

Juniors
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2017/07/05/nathan_brown_q_a.html

Didn't know where else to put this so I'll put it here. Have a listen, good stuff from the club and Brown to do this.

As much as I think his biggest test will be his ability to coach tactics and game plans when we have a reasonable squad assembled and in fairness that can't really be tested until that squad is here, I've still got faith that he is the right coach to take us forward.

I was impressed to here that we have the Leadership Coach that worked with the Swans and Hawthorn leadership groups...again, like Mooney's recruitment, this back of house quality to grow the club foundations is really showing a smart investment in the best in their field and that is all you can ask for at this stage of our development.

I've also got to admit that his honesty and candour makes him a likeable guy that I can see players wanting to play for and buy into what he is trying to do...

And the more I hear and see of Brown in his ability to present his case and show the vision and direction, the more I wonder how lucky we were that McGuigan didn't screw up his recruitment by asking to see his magic beans or something equally disturbing

Zoidberg

First Grade
Honestly, i reckon this is one that the bogans and the Nanna's will get behind

But im so sick of hearing "with this new owner, Newcaslte are gonna be a POWERHOUSE!!!!!"
Powerhouse financially maybe, doesn't necessarily transfer to on field performance.

Seage

Juniors
Threadbare at best.

If Cooper Cronk plays, a Sydney club will have to shed players to accommodate him. Newcastle has the money to buy those players - if they want to come here.

There is absolutely zero advancement on pretty well known high-level ideas that have been around months.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Media outlets keep saying we have "signed Esse & Moga but nothing from Knights. So weird. Better not go belly up.

Would love from what Brown said in his video that "quietly confident in next 2-4 weeks we'll have some good news on recruitment front", to be signings of Esse, Miga and Watson.