What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Happy MEel

First Grade
What was I wrong about?
On the 5th June:
Vave was named in the starting lineup last week (and the week before) but he was the first one dropped when Brown came back. And because Vave was 18th man he didn't get to play for Wenty. That's the merkin BA has written off. Arthur won't care if Vave loses fitness until we have our next couple of injuries.
Vave then proceeds to make the 1st grade side the next game in the 18 jersey, as well as 4 out of 5 of the following games, despite a lack of injuries in the middle. In that time he has also been selected over other middles including Evans, Matagi and Gower.

I couldn’t give a shit if you are wrong. Hell, I am plenty of times (although not about this). It’s when you claim you haven’t been wrong since 2012, no matter the amount of trolling/piss taking (as I genuinely think you believe that, at least to some degree), you can be expected to be called out on it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
On the 5th June:

Vave then proceeds to make the 1st grade side the next game in the 18 jersey, as well as 4 out of 5 of the following games, despite a lack of injuries in the middle. In that time he has also been selected over other middles including Evans, Matagi and Gower.
However he hasn't had to play long minutes. And he had already played a couple of games as I pointed out. You seem to think I was saying Arthur wouldn't use him, yet I already mentioned he had been playing, if only limited minutes. That's because his development isn't important. He is unlikely to be here next year.
I couldn’t give a shit if you are wrong. Hell, I am plenty of times (although not about this). It’s when you claim you haven’t been wrong since 2012, no matter the amount of trolling/piss taking (as I genuinely think you believe that, at least to some degree), you can be expected to be called out on it.
I think you care deeply whether or not I'm wrong. It's why you're trying so hard to misrepresent my past comments in the context of new situations.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is it possible the afl guy ruined his run mechanics being so lanky? And now he has learnt how to well run again?
He may be gaining some of the weight that's required or it could just be that we've decided not to persist with changing his style and let him go back to attacking spaces after a quick play-the-ball. It could be that training him to generate ruck speed or offloads (which requires a weight gain) is a project for next off season. What we do know is that plans change, as they should.

Happy MEel

First Grade
However he hasn't had to play long minutes. And he had already played a couple of games as I pointed out. You seem to think I was saying Arthur wouldn't use him, yet I already mentioned he had been playing, if only limited minutes. That's because his development isn't important. He is unlikely to be here next year.

I think you care deeply whether or not I'm wrong. It's why you're trying so hard to misrepresent my past comments in the context of new situations.
Well you think wrong. I enjoy arguing a point and it gives me something to do to break up work. This issue isn’t the only thing on here I have been involved in. You’re not that special.

I also think there’s a reasonable chance Vave will be retained at the lower end of the top 30 as a backup if Paulo gets injured. It’s the only similar body type on the roster at this stage.

Chipmunk

Coach
Given he was a 20-25 minute per game player at the Roosters, why did anyone believe he would provide 40 minutes of NRL standard...

Evans is a downhill skier, much like about 80% of our squad.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Given he was a 20-25 minute per game player at the Roosters, why did anyone believe he would provide 40 minutes of NRL standard...

Evans is a downhill skier, much like about 80% of our squad.
The same reason Brown plays longer minutes here than he did at Souths.

Latest posts