What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
No. I wouldn't be dropping Mannah Alvaro or Terepo who've been good, and Vave hasn't done too much wrong.
Takairangi is the weakest link. Terepo can play wider i feel.

Takairangi's 30 odd meters off the bench and laziness seals it

When has Terepo ever played wide? Every game I've ever seen him play, even in the 20s, he was in the middle.

Happy MEel

First Grade
It's not his fitness, it's his attitude. Been playing like he thinks he's too good for reserve grade.
At what point did it change?

Arthur's wants him gaining fitness.

Vave was named in the starting lineup last week (and the week before) but he was the first one dropped when Brown came back. And because Vave was 18th man he didn't get to play for Wenty. That's the merkin BA has written off. Arthur won't care if Vave loses fitness until we have our next couple of injuries.

Good call about Vave as well by the way. Would that be the 3rd thing you got wrong since 2012?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Source?

I'm conscious of the fact you live nowhere near Ringrose Park, nor any other ISP grounds so I'm wondering how you validate that statement....

OOYB FFS
I have a relative who is close friends with a member of staff. Old mate doesn't give much away but he does let some stuff slip. Heard nothing about Evans but my relo watches Wenty play fairly often.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
At what point did it change?

Good call about Vave as well by the way. Would that be the 3rd thing you got wrong since 2012?
Do you think Vave will be offered an extension? We need a heavy boy in the middle until Paulo gets here. If we're paying him we may as well use Vave while he's here.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Do you think Vave will be offered an extension? We need a heavy boy in the middle until Paulo gets here. If we're paying him we may as well use Vave while he's here.
BA hasn’t written Vave off this year though and your reference to injuries indicates you were referring to this year. Vave played In front of Matagi, Gower and Evans this week. I’d say BA would be somewhat concerned with Vave’s fitness.

I guess it is hard to be wrong in your own mind with such a healthy delusional arrogance.

Gazzamatta

Coach
The question is I guess will one good game from Evans be enough to gain a promotion? I kind of think it will be given our investment. Who get dropped though?

hindy111

Post Whore
Who the f**k ever had a salmon coloured car in the 70s?

My dad worked at a place where they painted trucks blue and white. So he stole some paint mixed them together so know one would know and sprayed our Datsun 120Y. The thing looked the same colour as a smurf.
100% true story

Gronk

Staff member
ISP Match Report – Jets defeat Magpies
sixtiesJuly 22, 2018 ISP, Match Review 2 Comments

Only a few short weeks ago, the Newtown Jets absolutely demolished Wenty in an embarrassing 50 to 24 result at Henson Park. Today’s Round 19 clash would be the Magpies shot at redemption at their Ringrose Park home ground.

Of great interest for Eels supporters this afternoon was the senior debut of Dylan Brown at halfback and Haze Dunster at left wing. Throw in other youngsters on the field today, such as Oregon Kaufusi, Greg Leleisiuao, Dane Aukafolau and Jaeman Salmon and you have examples of the youth coming through the Parramatta grades.

Unfortunately it was an inauspicious start for the Wenty team today. Leleisiuao lost the ball on the kick return in the first possession for the Magpies, and the first try was on the board for Jets winger Aufaga-Toomaga only three tackles later.

The next two possessions for Wenty fared just as poorly, with the ball turned over on the first and second tackles. The running was all with the Bluebags as they converted possession into points with a try beside the posts by lock Magoulias taking the score out to 10 nil after only 13 minutes.

Kane Evans began to play a dominant role through the middle and was rewarded with a try beside the posts following a powerful charge off a quick play the ball in the Jets quarter. The conversion had the scores at 10 to 6 with just over 20 minutes left in the first half.

On the back of a better platform from his forwards, Salmon found himself in open space only to be thwarted by the Jets fullback. Dylan Brown was soon making his mark on the game, taking on the line and bobbing up in support. He and Jaeman Salmon were combining well and they needed to, with the Jets halves, Williams and Flanagan creating plenty of opportunities themselves.

After defending solidly for the latter part of the first half, the Magpies let themselves down in conceding a soft try to Jolliffe running on to a Flanagan pass through the middle of the ruck. The conversion saw the Jets head to the dressing rooms with a 16 to 6 lead.

Newtown extended their lead just ten minutes into the second half. A left side shift 40 metres out saw the attack get outside the Wenty defence and Tamou scoring in the corner. A great sideline conversion had the score hitting 22 to 6 with just under half an hour to go.

Undisciplined defence from Newtown afforded the Magpies plenty of possession and territory via a string of penalties. Wenty took full advantage of the opportunities with Jaeman Salmon scoring a smart try darting out from dummy half, then Evans scored his second try off another massive charge. The scoreboard showed 22 to 18 with just on twenty minutes left.

Surprisingly, that scoreboard wasn’t troubled again for the rest of the match. The Magpies threatened the Jets line numerous times, but the defence held solid. Some unfortunate decisions or passes from dummy half proved costly, but the players on both teams deserved praise for an entertaining game of Sunday arvo football.

For the Magpies, Kane Evans was easily best on field in his strongest performance of the season. He created havoc with every charge, and when congratulated after the game, was more concerned with the loss rather than his own form.

Brown and Salmon look to be a promising halves pairing. The club could be playing them as a combination in the Eels Jersey Flegg team, and strengthen the team’s claims to the title. However, the club is looking at their pathway to first grade and giving them experience in senior football.

It was an impressive first outing for Brown. He distributed the ball well, often taking it right to the line, and wasn’t afraid of taking a hit. Furthermore, it was difficult to fault his defence, which has always been one of his strengths. He over-cooked a couple of kicks today, but that would be nitpicking his performance.

The other debutant, Haze Dunster, performed strongly with good carries in his kick returns and a number of strong charges through the ruck. He had few opportunities out wide and is still learning his wing craft. Haze has been playing both wing and fullback in Flegg and is obviously seen as a player of the future by the club.

For those tracking Kaufusi, the young tyro was playing as an edge forward. There weren’t many attacking opportunities today, but he maintained his aggression in defence. Leleisiuao presented a challenge for the Jets in every carry, but he has a bit to learn with his positional play in defence.

Final Score – Jets 22 defeated Magpies 18

Eels forever!
Sixties

https://thecumberlandthrow.com/2018/07/22/isp-match-report-jets-defeat-magpies/

hindy111

Post Whore
I like Sixties but I learnt he hypes up a piece of dog turd. Sorry 60s but the dribble about the run mechanics in offseason and the new eels has left a bit of a sour taste in your trust of judgement. I appreciate your love for eels and enthusiasm

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
BA hasn’t written Vave off this year though and your reference to injuries indicates you were referring to this year. Vave played In front of Matagi, Gower and Evans this week. I’d say BA would be somewhat concerned with Vave’s fitness.

I guess it is hard to be wrong in your own mind with such a healthy delusional arrogance.
It's nothing to do with being wrong. I made those comments nearly two months ago. Things change.