What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Gronk

Staff member
^^^^^^

The Wentworthville Magpies have secured a hard-fought 22-16 victory over the Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles at Ringrose Park on Saturday.

Bevan French again impressed with a first-half try while Tim Mannah laid a strong platform through the middle-third with powerful carries from start to finish.

Although the pair were crucial to the six-point win, it was the accurate boot of Rhys Davies, who kicked 5/5 conversions, which proved the difference as both sides crossed for three tries respectively.

French opened the scoring in the fourth minute of play before the Workers earned a quick reprieve through Tony Williams just 10 minutes later.

They would maintain a short burst of momentum when Dane Aukafolau crossed for another try in quick-succession before the Magpies drew level through Andrew Davey.

Wentworthville went into half-time with a slender 14-10 advantage but it would be the Blacktown Workers who had a blistering start after the break as Lloyd Perrett crashed over in the 44th minute.

An ensuing conversion from Kane Elgey gave them a two-point lead before a penalty-goal from Davies just 10 minutes later drew the game level once again.

French continued to be the shining light of the Wentworthville backline as he set up the next try with a deft pass for Greg Leleisiuao to help snatch the lead with the full-time siren drawing near.

Although the Sea Eagles looked confident with the ball in hand, the efforts from the Wentworthville forwards proved to be the catalyst in the dying stages and helped secure back-to-back wins.

Happy MEel

First Grade
With Peni suspended (and even with him available) I really would like to see Mannah back in first grade. He has dominated reserve grade and if anyone else was punching out similar figures we’d all be calling for their promotion.

With Peni suspended (and even with him available) I really would like to see Mannah back in first grade. He has dominated reserve grade and if anyone else was punching out similar figures we’d all be calling for their promotion.

He's not a like-for-like swap. Mannah is a metre eater. It might turn out that he's the best option, but I'd have no problem with the club picking Stefanie or one of the other lasses.

Happy MEel

First Grade
He's not a like-for-like swap. Mannah is a metre eater. It might turn out that he's the best option, but I'd have no problem with the club picking Stefanie or one of the other lasses.
Sure...I’m basing my assessment on his output this year. If Stefanie warrants a call up over Mannah then go for it. So far, that hasn’t been the case.

I actually think if everyone fires we are a chance of beating anyone. Let’s get to the finals and throw caution to the wind

Sure...I’m basing my assessment on his output this year. If Stefanie warrants a call up over Mannah then go for it. So far, that hasn’t been the case.

I actually think if everyone fires we are a chance of beating anyone. Let’s get to the finals and throw caution to the wind

What Stefanie does stand out for (statistically) is post-contact metres, and I reckon that reflects an area where we could really use a boost. Mannah would obviously play longer minutes if picked in the NRL again though.

hindy111

Post Whore

Agree. But Niakuore may come in. Its between those 2.

hindy111

Post Whore

Especialy with Blake and MJ

hindy111

Post Whore
What Stefanie does stand out for (statistically) is post-contact metres, and I reckon that reflects an area where we could really use a boost. Mannah would obviously play longer minutes if picked in the NRL again though.

Stefano defense seems excellent stat wise. He has only come back rnd 9 so I think 3 or 4 more games with longer mins would be best for him.
Kafusi hasn't stepped up in NSW cup as we would of hoped. He might be best spending the rest of the season there to work on his game.

hindy111

Post Whore
Huge game for Kafusi.
Salmon looked to of carved up.
Alvaro had huge meter and tackle count in long mins

Tooooks

Bench
Pity the channel 9 game is Jets v Bears.

Another try to Wenty in the 38th minute. Looks like Taipari has missed...again. Edit, he kicked it.

20-10 halftime.

Last edited: