What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Spud speaks with more fluency than our attack today
If you hold the ball and stay patient the opposition will eventually miss a tackle with the cover defence a step too slow. It's shit footy but it's been shown to win games. And with the opposition tired they might concede a few late tries and no merkin remembers the dour first 70 minutes.

If you hold the ball and stay patient the opposition will eventually miss a tackle with the cover defence a step too slow. It's shit footy but it's been shown to win games. And with the opposition tired they might concede a few late tries and no merkin remembers the dour first 70 minutes.
Spud should take it as a compliment then

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Great tactics, just have all the ball and try not to score to tire them out.

It’s genius.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Best I've seen him play today. He was awesome.
I haven’t seen much of him but he looks like he could be a first grader, Peninsisisi also looks above this grade. The 6,7 and 9 were probably our worst players out there. With all that ball and go forward they should of ran riot.

hindy111

Post Whore
Give some credit to the opposition for keeping it close ffs. This Mounties defence had a fair bit of NRL experience.
When you have a better team than the opposition you don't need genius, you just need to minimise randomness.

Who impressed you? I didn't see game.
How was Hollis

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Decent win, attack bit off.

Semi junior looked pretty good, lot better then the last time I watched him played.

Fergo was ok but not great, doubt it was enough for a recall anytime soon.

Cartwright was good.

how old is the other edge? Ell or what ever his name is. Looks potentially a project player for a ckub

Penisini was good. Arthur not his best game.

think we lack a bit off spark out of dummy half, didn’t take advantage of our good metres

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Give some credit to the opposition for keeping it close ffs. This Mounties defence had a fair bit of NRL experience.
When you have a better team than the opposition you don't need genius, you just need to minimise randomness.
Our attack was pedestrian, hardly a surprise here you are in here defending it and giving us a BS reason why it we needed to play like that. We ran for over 640m more metres. made 100 less tackles and had almost 60 tackles in their 20. But blocks plays, crash plays and 3 settlers every set is where it’s at.

hindy111

Post Whore
He's a lot more mobile than Greig. Better speed, workrate and lateral movement. But I think Greig could be real difference maker in attack.

Hollis needs a bit more power. But I was encouraged by his performance the other week. I fee like he is a safer bet to be a genuine NRL player while Greig is the type who could just fizzle out and be lazy. Hollis I'd compare to Alex Twal perhaps.
Having Kafusi play today would of made it good to compare the other forwards.
I've liked what I have seen from Rodwell also.