What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Our attack was pedestrian, hardly a surprise here you are in here defending it and giving us a BS reason why it we needed to play like that. We ran for over 640m more metres. made 100 less tackles and had almost 60 tackles in their 20. But blocks plays, crash plays and 3 settlers every set is where it’s at.
yep it was average, we lacked creativity from dummy half to take advantage of our metres. Plus no one really any “ball skills” in the middle to push the ball out when there was room.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
yep it was average, we lacked creativity from dummy half to take advantage of our metres. Plus no one really any “ball skills” in the middle to push the ball out when there was room.
Smith just catch and passed, service was good but that’s about all he added, but one of the halves needed to take the game by the scruff of the neck and they failed to do so.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Our attack was pedestrian, hardly a surprise here you are in here defending it and giving us a BS reason why it we needed to play like that. We ran for over 640m more metres. made 100 less tackles and had almost 60 tackles in their 20. But blocks plays, crash plays and 3 settlers every set is where it’s at.
And we won four tries to one. The only score that matters is the score at 80 minutes, and we belted them

hindy111

Post Whore
Kaufusi was best on ground. Naiduki and Cartwright were also very good. Hollis was good too.

Naiduki I saw once and he looked strong but dumb and slow. But he is so raw.
The thing is so many on here bag out our junior production. I feel like we are starting to produce them over the last 3yrs. And by looks of things Russel,Penisini,Naiduki,Hollis will all end up in NRL. Amd S.Hughes I am sure will be back in mix next season also.

emjaycee

Coach
I'm unconvinced a bloke in his late 20s who wasn't good enough for one of the NRL's 480 top 30 spots will make much difference.
A valid POV however there may be circumstances with the individual case that have impacted his development/career progression. Is your view based on just the known (mentioned) parameters being his age or do you have other specific insights or information?

Makatoa has come to us at the start of 2020 (an interrupted year) from Super League which he went to after a stint in Bulldogs lower grade. Maybe he just hasn't been given an enough of an opportunity yet. And as a front-rower, development is sometimes slower.