What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Chipmunk

Coach
It is an interesting situation if true, I suggest he is signed to play for the Parramatta Eels in either NRL or NSW Cup (after all, you wouldn't expect a Top 30 player not to play in either of these two, unless they were Under 21 and could play Flegg for the club), and there is nothing in the contract that stipulates that he has to play for anyone else in any other grade.

It is a situation I doubt anyone expected to arise, in any club.

strider

Post Whore
It is an interesting situation if true, I suggest he is signed to play for the Parramatta Eels in either NRL or NSW Cup (after all, you wouldn't expect a Top 30 player not to play in either of these two, unless they were Under 21 and could play Flegg for the club), and there is nothing in the contract that stipulates that he has to play for anyone else in any other grade.

It is a situation I doubt anyone expected to arise, in any club.
Exactly.

rightleftin

Juniors
about 6 years ago Zac Saddler signed to play with Canterbury when 18 and his contract stated that he would be elevated to the top 30 in his 3rd season. The contract was complied with but the club having changed its view on the player would not even pick him in Flegg so he played 8 games for Moorebank in Sydney Shield before his manager got him a transfer to Manly, where he eventually played a few games in 1st Grade.

Sounds a bit like Sam Louizou's situation? Strangely updgradd to top 30 contracted, and can hardly get a run on the bench for Cup, unless we have backline injuries/suspensions.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Or sell drugs! The post-career opportunities for NRL players are endless.
damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

Gronk

Staff member
Cup team are carving up 5th place Wests Magpies 20-8 at half time. Ooops 20-14 now.

Did anyone pick up that Nick Lenaz is reserve ?