What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Eelsthedeal

Juniors
I watched the game from the end of the first half and a lot of those guys look like they were just going through the motions. The second half though only saw us concede one try. The effort stepped up in that second half. The utility coming off the bench seemed to kick in some energy considering there was a lot of defending! I think he was the hooker from Flegg. Looking from that, it was these young blokes putting in that spark. It’s there … and considering we don’t seem to have halves options in the lower grades due to various reasons … I think we just need to have faith. Not entirely a coaches fault here. Hard to coach without a consistent roster.

Gronk

Staff member
I watched the game from the end of the first half and a lot of those guys look like they were just going through the motions. The second half though only saw us concede one try. The effort stepped up in that second half. The utility coming off the bench seemed to kick in some energy considering there was a lot of defending! I think he was the hooker from Flegg. Looking from that, it was these young blokes putting in that spark. It’s there … and considering we don’t seem to have halves options in the lower grades due to various reasons … I think we just need to have faith. Not entirely a coaches fault here. Hard to coach without a consistent roster.
Cayless is the scapegoat. Half his players are in NRL or he has to pick from Ron Massey, but every week merkins give it to him. Jack Gibson couldn’t do anything with that rabble.

As you say, the injection of youth was the shining light and that rotation of young kids getting a taste will no doubt continue. I think we can all agree however, that it serves no purpose putting 15 kids in cup and them getting lapped by 50 every week.

JokerEel

Coach
Cayless is the scapegoat. Half his players are in NRL or he has to pick from Ron Massey, but every week merkins give it to him. Jack Gibson couldn’t do anything with that rabble.

As you say, the injection of youth was the shining light and that rotation of young kids getting a taste will no doubt continue. I think we can all agree however, that it serves no purpose putting 15 kids in cup and them getting lapped by 50 every week.

Of course Cayless is the scapegoat watch the team get named next week with the same players but in different positions again.

We all get that players are injured or missing but you need consistency with the players we have moving them around will of course have our defence at 6s and 7s.

Next week Momasia will be at 9

Gronk

Staff member
Of course Cayless is the scapegoat watch the team get named next week with the same players but in different positions again.

We all get that players are injured or missing but you need consistency with the players we have moving them around will of course have our defence at 6s and 7s.

Next week Momasia will be at 9
Which players were in wrong spots yesterday ?

The NRL coaches have clearly said that Cini has to play fullback, because they have given up on him at centre. Shame, but his forte might be broken field play in space. Is he a fullback ? Not right now. Does he go back to centre when Miller-Stephen is back, probably. But Cup is about development. If you are not going to ever play NRL, then your role is to help develop the bloke next to you who might.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What was Caylo’s excuse when he got sacked from us last time?? Sure it’s not all his fault but the bloke just can’t coach. His record speaks for itself.

Gazzamatta

Coach
What was Caylo’s excuse when he got sacked from us last time?? Sure it’s not all his fault but the bloke just can’t coach. His record speaks for itself.
Hes proven himself mate by others criteria. Hes never been without a club.
Eels
Brave Roosters
Chooks
Eels
Surely that means hes a good coach?

Gronk

Staff member
Hes proven himself mate by others criteria. Hes never been without a club.
Eels
Brave Roosters
Chooks
Eels
Surely that means hes a good coach?
He was at the Tigers and Warriors in there as well ? Unsure why the knives are out, but they were when he was a player as well. Some people can never move on.

Gazzamatta

Coach
He was at the Tigers and Warriors in there as well ? Unsure why the knives are out, but they were when he was a player as well. Some people can never move on.
Yeah I remember the Tigpies. Dont remember the Warriors. Thats a lot of clubs. Was he the NZ coach at one point as well?
I doubt he will be an Eel next year.

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah I remember the Tigpies. Dont remember the Warriors. Thats a lot of clubs. Was he the NZ coach at one point as well?
I doubt he will be an Eel next year.
Maybe he as assistant to NZ National team ?

Why don’t you think he’ll be coach next year ? You reckon he coukd have done better with the troops he’s had at his disposal?

Gazzamatta

Coach
Maybe he as assistant to NZ National team ?

Why don’t you think he’ll be coach next year ? You reckon he coukd have done better with the troops he’s had at his disposal?
Id prefer players to tackle and thats seriously lacking.
You reckon he will be there next year eh.
One of us will be right I suppose.
If we have all these good kids coming through they need to be supported with good coaching. Cant waste em.

Pazza

First Grade
I don't mind the double hyphen. He's not big for a middle but he brings run-on-your-toes fui big dick energy.

I can't see him being an NRL prop bc of his size, but a crazy eyes merkin off the bench, probably.

we aint low on size but i feel like we could do with a little crazy

Gronk

Staff member
Id prefer players to tackle and thats seriously lacking.
You reckon he will be there next year eh.
One of us will be right I suppose.
If we have all these good kids coming through they need to be supported with good coaching. Cant waste em.
I don’t know if he will be there or not.

The tackle efficiency of the forwards was fine. Average 90% across the pack.

The backs however, with Rankin leading the way, were literally missing every second tackle. You know they say, defence is attitude a recflection on how good the coach is.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah mate, you just can’t help bad luck poor Caylo is a victim of circumstance.

JokerEel

Coach
Which players were in wrong spots yesterday ?

The NRL coaches have clearly said that Cini has to play fullback, because they have given up on him at centre. Shame, but his forte might be broken field play in space. Is he a fullback ? Not right now. Does he go back to centre when Miller-Stephen is back, probably. But Cup is about development. If you are not going to ever play NRL, then your role is to help develop the bloke next to you who might.

Which NRL coach said that about Cini?

Your smart look at the side and tell me they are out of position and not playing in same position consistently.

Gazzamatta

Coach

The backs however, with Rankin leading the way, were literally missing every second tackle. You know they say, defence is attitude a recflection on how good the coach is.

Is it a missed tackle when they dont lay a hand on the attacker cause there were one or two of those yesterday. Anyway. Alls good. Caylos a legend and our future development star kids are in great hands.
Its very exciting.

JokerEel

Coach

I wouldn't rely on the Stats from NSWCup..

Latest posts