What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

T.S Quint

Coach
I would have been playing Asi at 7 all off season and in the trail games if Sanders was never going to get a game

See, that’s the thing…I don’t think Samders was never going to get a game. I think if he showed he could do well in reserve grade then BA would give him a shot if something happened to Moses or Brown. Turns out he hasn’t shown he is up to it just yet. Asi hasn’t been good, but he’s at least had experience in the top grade, so probably enter to pick him at this time. I

If Moses’ injury came later in the season it might be a different story, with Sanders having gotten more experience by then.

King-Gutho94

Coach
See, that’s the thing…I don’t think Samders was never going to get a game. I think if he showed he could do well in reserve grade then BA would give him a shot if something happened to Moses or Brown. Turns out he hasn’t shown he is up to it just yet. Asi hasn’t been good, but he’s at least had experience in the top grade, so probably enter to pick him at this time. I

If Moses’ injury came later in the season it might be a different story, with Sanders having gotten more experience by then.
BA's original plan might have been if Moses gets picked for NSW.

That's round 13 by then Sanders would have had half a season in reggies and for a couple of games during Origin period with Moses absent to get through.

I think the media narrative in the past week is manager driven so he can get a immediate release.

Gronk

Staff member

That's round 13 by then Sanders would have had half a season in reggies and for a couple of games during Origin period with Moses absent to get through.

I think the media narrative in the past week is manager driven so he can get a immediate release.
You reckon Ricky is still keen ? I saw that they are tabling a massive retention offer to Strange and if you watched reggies last week, Adam Cook is quality.

With Fogarty going so well, what is the point of Sanders going there right now ?

King-Gutho94

Coach
You reckon Ricky is still keen ? I saw that they are tabling a massive retention offer to Strange and if you watched reggies last week, Adam Cook is quality.

With Fogarty going so well, what is the point of Sanders going there right now ?
There isn't and Parramatta may as well keep him for the year anyway.

Unless Canberra are going to give us a decent replacement why the hell would we offer him up to Ricky now for nothing in return he is still contracted to end of this year.

He sees it out or we get a player-swap involved and if Ricky isnt happy he can wait 7 months for Ethan to start November 1.

JokerEel

Coach

That may have been BA's plan but it's a dumb plan..

Does BA talk to his players?

Like seriously you go "hey Sanders are you sticking around or signing with Canberra? I have a team to worry about so if you are going I'll keep you in Flegg and play Asi at halfback in CUP just in case Money goes down".

"But if you are sticking around I'll play you at 7 in cup ASi at 5/8 you just need to keep it simple kick Pass nothing flashy"

Gazzamatta

Coach
That may have been BA's plan but it's a dumb plan..

Does BA talk to his players?

Like seriously you go "hey Sanders are you sticking around or signing with Canberra? I have a team to worry about so if you are going I'll keep you in Flegg and play Asi at halfback in CUP just in case Money goes down".

"But if you are sticking around I'll play you at 7 in cup ASi at 5/8 you just need to keep it simple kick Pass nothing flashy"
You could replace Murph!

Delboy

First Grade
Reading the recent article from that Read bloke:-
Despite wanting him to stay, MON has not made an offer to Ethan Sanders yet
Papalii left due to constant lowballing when he wanted to stay and felt disrespected

Yep, he must do something , not sure what given the last 2/3 years of recruitment.

emjaycee

Coach
What makes you think it’s Cayless making that decision?
BA mentioned this week that Talagi’s future most probably isn’t in the halves. It’s obvious to me that he’s being groomed as Gutho’s eventual replacement at fullback.
He has the speed and ball skills to play there. They are giving him the opportunity to work on the other stuff now in reserve grade.
FFS, dont defend our wonderboy Caylo mate. Everything that happens in Reggies is totally his fault... oh wait. You blamed BA, that's ok then.

As you were.

emjaycee

Coach
Papalii left due to constant lowballing when he wanted to stay and felt disrespected

Yep, he must do something , not sure what given the last 2/3 years of recruitment.
With all due respect Delboy, instead of having a crack at him in every post you make, maybe you should ask him what he does every day 😉

mark.oneill@parraeels.com.au

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
MON obviously needs an assistant. Focusing full time on one acquisition doesn’t leave him any time to sign any decent squad players or Flegg kids.
I think it's just simple maths. We are spending so much on our top 17 that we have peanuts left for our backups. Case in point, half our reserve grade spine are on development contracts.

Idiot thinks he is Brad Pitt from Money Ball. Soon we will be spoon ball

With all due respect Delboy, instead of having a crack at him in every post you make, maybe you should ask him what he does every day 😉

mark.oneill@parraeels.com.au
Hi Mark,

Long time supporter here. Just wondering how you like your wooden spoons? Are you more the rustic type with a lil old oak staining? Or do you dabble with traditional spoons found in the kitchen? Love ya work, keep up the great job!!!

Lots of love
JTS
xx