What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Highlights are up. Both teams looked pretty shit, which is why you can't judge merkins based on form in reserve grade. Cini is again dominating at this level. All that matters is how young merkins are when they prove they can handle this grade. Sanders (20 this year), Arthur (19) and Guymer (20) are all future first graders or better. Josh Lynn (20) is starting to look decent too.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As for our opponents in this game, they had the following players no older than 20 this year:

Barton (20)
Foketi (20)
Griffier (19)

Fairly comparable to us (who had four players), and they are a club known for solid junior development (poaching). Of course, this is just a snapshot and might represent the absolute lowest number of Roosters players this age all year. For comparison, the Panthers NSW Cup side that was belted by the Knights today had five players turning 20 this year and none turning 19.

Gherkin

Juniors
Not ready physically. Let him develop naturally rather then playing with bunch of losers
Will also come under extra scrutiny because of his surname. Maybe after a big offseason could get a run off the bench next year.
The talent is there, just need the club to manage his transition to 1st grade properly.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Not Funny Laughing GIF

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Highlights are up. Both teams looked pretty shit, which is why you can't judge merkins based on form in reserve grade. Cini is again dominating at this level. All that matters is how young merkins are when they prove they can handle this grade. Sanders (20 this year), Arthur (19) and Guymer (20) are all future first graders or better. Josh Lynn (20) is starting to look decent too.

We also had 3 forwards who are only 21 this year too, in the side. Smith, Latu and Parker. All promising players too, even if in a year or 2, they are just squad "fillers"

Definitely promising signs for our pathways, especially more so when considering, Toni, Arthur, Pensini and AM would also be in the side too.

hindy111

Post Whore
We also had 3 forwards who are only 21 this year too, in the side. Smith, Latu and Parker. All promising players too, even if in a year or 2, they are just squad "fillers"

Definitely promising signs for our pathways, especially more so when considering, Toni, Arthur, Pensini and AM would also be in the side too.

I saw Latu at N.Sydney oval. Huge unit and mobile. Might be a good prospect?
Brazel seems to have slipped. He was playing cup last season I am sure.
Be good to see Matalele finish the year strong. I think if he doesn't his time with us is coming to an end.

Ehtyn Martin I still think could have a future. He breaks tackles and is lightning on his feet. They need to add 5kgs to his frame.

Delboy

First Grade
I saw Latu at N.Sydney oval. Huge unit and mobile. Might be a good prospect?
Brazel seems to have slipped. He was playing cup last season I am sure.
Be good to see Matalele finish the year strong. I think if he doesn't his time with us is coming to an end.

Ehtyn Martin I still think could have a future. He breaks tackles and is lightning on his feet. They need to add 5kgs to his frame.
I’m advised that Ethyn Martin is regarded as a project given his limited league background, but the club want to invest time in him given his different skill set.

Watching the highlights really isn’t a good review of the game, the younger players more than held their own against players like Dylan Napa and other more experienced players. Latu came on and immediately made an impression which is significant as he played Flegg last year and physically is up to it. Guymer and Doorey did a good job and have a future.

Again the backs are a puzzle, apart from Harper who was OK, Cini had one of his better game, the others are all Ron Massey players forced into the team given lack of option and were reasonable.

Lynn in this game played well and Sanders was not outstanding .

Gazzamatta

Coach
I’m advised that Ethyn Martin is regarded as a project given his limited league background, but the club want to invest time in him given his different skill set.

Watching the highlights really isn’t a good review of the game, the younger players more than held their own against players like Dylan Napa and other more experienced players. Latu came on and immediately made an impression which is significant as he played Flegg last year and physically is up to it. Guymer and Doorey did a good job and have a future.

Again the backs are a puzzle, apart from Harper who was OK, Cini had one of his better game, the others are all Ron Massey players forced into the team given lack of option and were reasonable.

Lynn in this game played well and Sanders was not outstanding .
Sanders first NRL game stands out. He looked extremely promising. Yesterday he was awful which is very disappointing. His kick for touch from the penalty was a shocker as was just about everything he attempted. Looks like someone whos mind was elsewhere.

emjaycee

Coach
Sanders first NRL game stands out. He looked extremely promising. Yesterday he was awful which is very disappointing. His kick for touch from the penalty was a shocker as was just about everything he attempted. Looks like someone whos mind was elsewhere.
Probably about 236.43 kms away in a south west direction.

JokerEel

Coach
I'm just happy both flegg and nsw cup have started winning. The first two months where concerning. It suggests we do have a few quality players coming through.

Looking at 2025 The Roosters have no one coming through and Keary leaving. Thier cup side is absolutely plod same with their Flegg.

But they will just buy players to fill the gaps.

Latest posts