What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

Draginzaaar

Bench
Maybe the Dragons should hire some new accountants. Sign Munster on $600,000 plus $600,000 in 3rd party deals and all is good - still have plenty left on the salary cap. If only our Board could organise for some "hands off" 3rd party sponsors.
3rd party deals are not arranged by the clubs.

Draginzaaar

Bench
And how many of the salary cap scandals involving the Dogs, Parra and Storm were found through this auditing? Nil. They got caught because of a whistleblower or mistake from my recollection, not because of the NRL audit.

I recall when Cronk went to the Roosters and Pearce was thinking of leaving as he obviously was not going to be the half back, the Rooster's said he didn't need to go as they could fit both under their cap.

The salary cap does not work unless you have a draft like in the AFL or American sports where the bottom sides get first crack at the talent. While I acknowledge that players will sacrifice a small portion to play for a top side in the hope of winning a GF but not thus constant "happy to play for unders rubbish" where the figures run into the hundreds of thousands. Player managers ain't going to miss out on their commission by letting their players go for unders.
AFL? Yeah how have the Suns been going? AFL continually has teams win the comp twice and even three times in a row. Doesn't happen in the NRL often.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
My first look at JF for the season. Strong win 32-12 after being down 10-0 after 15 mins. I am reluctant to say much about individuals on my first look but Nicholas Tsougrannis on an edge was very impressive with a number of runs straight up the centre. A pity we are losing Jack Bostock who has height and speed but a few displays of arrogance showed maybe his loss could be for the best.

As a cricket umpire I am reluctant to be too critical of officials but there's little point a touchie warming up physically if he's going to close his eyes to forward passes and knock-ons right in front of him.

One other observation: great viewing from a magnificent grandstand at Collegians ground at Figtree but why don't the lower grades get to play at WIN when possible? Strange too that half the crowd went home when JF finished. Tough for the NSW Cup boys.

BLM01

First Grade
Obviously getting well beaten today by the team 1 place above us.
I have not watched just the score update.
Anyone shed any light on why or is jut down to coaching again.?

Latest posts