What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
8 SG Ball boys this weekend !!!!!

JERSEY FLEGG CUP​

1. Ben Rumble

2. Cain Barnes

3. David Afu

4. Ben Lavender

5. Jesse Williams

6. Nick Quinn

7. Ashton Ward

8. Loko Pasifiki Tonga

9. Kyan Hjaltason (c)

10. Jett Liu

11. Jacob Halangahu

19. Cyrus Stanley-Traill

13. Hamish Stewart

Interchange​

15. Jacob Webster

16. Finau Latu

17. Callum Leikvoll

20. Ryan Hutchinson

Parko1310

Juniors

JERSEY FLEGG CUP​

1. Ben Rumble

2. Cain Barnes

3. David Afu

4. Ben Lavender

5. Jesse Williams

6. Nick Quinn

7. Ashton Ward

8. Loko Pasifiki Tonga

9. Kyan Hjaltason (c)

10. Jett Liu

11. Jacob Halangahu

19. Cyrus Stanley-Traill

13. Hamish Stewart

Interchange​

15. Jacob Webster

16. Finau Latu

17. Callum Leikvoll

20. Ryan Hutchinson
Plus Buchanan and LKT playing NSW Cup, how good

justadragon

Bench

JERSEY FLEGG CUP​

1. Ben Rumble

2. Cain Barnes

3. David Afu

4. Ben Lavender

5. Jesse Williams

6. Nick Quinn

7. Ashton Ward

8. Loko Pasifiki Tonga

9. Kyan Hjaltason (c)

10. Jett Liu

11. Jacob Halangahu

19. Cyrus Stanley-Traill

13. Hamish Stewart

Interchange​

15. Jacob Webster

16. Finau Latu

17. Callum Leikvoll

20. Ryan Hutchinson
Would of liked to have seen Peckham-Harris in there somewhere, shame.

TheRev

First Grade
Would of liked to have seen Peckham-Harris in there somewhere, shame.
Me too, was on the extended I think last week, but I just dont think he has a way in while Rumble is there.. when Rumble moves up he will get his shot I suspect...

Very excited by the forced changes in both grades, LKT is the other one behind Williams that I think could come into first grade relatively quickly..

I do wonder if NickT is injured.. he hasnt been named in Cup but hes been replaced by Halangahu in Flegg.

redv13

Bench
Me too, was on the extended I think last week, but I just dont think he has a way in while Rumble is there.. when Rumble moves up he will get his shot I suspect...

Very excited by the forced changes in both grades, LKT is the other one behind Williams that I think could come into first grade relatively quickly..

I do wonder if NickT is injured.. he hasnt been named in Cup but hes been replaced by Halangahu in Flegg.
Rev, Nick T is suspended for a week for a great driving tackle that the ref thought was fine and called play on. Back next week

justadragon

Bench

Maybe if its a size thing with him rev, then maybe halves may be the option, he has the skills and no doubt he throws his body on the line, excellent defender.

TheRev

First Grade
Maybe if its a size thing with him rev, then maybe halves may be the option, he has the skills and no doubt he throws his body on the line, excellent defender.
Benny Rumble has been so so good though, hes like a cheat code for that team.. I am hoping at some point this year he moved into cup and TPH into flegg.. but dunno.. like they might want to keep flegg pretty stacked and go for the title?

I guess he could play halves, but they have good halves also.. I dunno tough one!

But I mean injuries change everything.. as we are finding out this week.

redv13

Bench
Cheers Redv! shame I reckon he would have played cup this week, Halangahu belongs in the flegg team.

Just noticed that NSW Cup is covered on fox 3.15pm saturday, i think itll be tough for them without the couchmans, 5 first graders out this week hurts cup too. But hopeful!
No dramas mate. Yeah big shame, Nick tore the bulldogs to shreds and would have been in reserve grade this week. Personally I thought the tackle was great but these days you get punished for tackling too hard

I haven’t watched enough of Ben Rumble

he turns 20yrs old this season

do we think he is a right wing possibility at some stage for NSW Cup and or higher next year?

he is athletic and would cause problems on the kick chase type footy that Foano likes down the right side with aerial pressure to hold field position ?
Rumble is very elusive

still a turnstile in defence

TheRev

First Grade
I haven’t watched enough of Ben Rumble

he turns 20yrs old this season

do we think he is a right wing possibility at some stage for NSW Cup and or higher next year?

he is athletic and would cause problems on the kick chase type footy that Foano likes down the right side with aerial pressure to hold field position ?
Hmmm not sure, tbh I havent seen nearly enough of him and he has only played a handful of flegg games, apparently he had his tonsils out early season then something else later.. so he hasnt put a big patch of games together like we need him too..

He has a skinnier frame than Williams though so im not sure how quickly he could move up, but that NSW Cup fullback spot is deadset ripe for the picking... he seems to create plenty of tries if hes not scoring them himself.

TheRev

First Grade
I dont think his size will stop him.. it might slow his progress... but when he does get there he is a guaranteed cult hero... I could see him dominating NSW Cup and waiting for an opportunity in years to come... much like Trai Fuller...

TPH might be one of the ones that can play another year of SG.. but he was on the JF extended bench last week, so hes obviously not forgotten..

The thing is if JF is playing well which we hope they will given the SG teams merging up..., he has Rumble but also they play Quinn at fullback.. cause they want to give these guys development time.. so I dunno when he gets his chance... the #14 idea isnt crazy though.. depends if they want him to focus on fullback exclusively.

Last edited:

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
No Offence JJ, but I have personally seen him drop guys twice his size running at speed, he has ticker and a pretty good technique, we had guys like Shulman, Morris, Haddock even Langer.
Fair enough, no offence taken. Forums are meant to discuss varied opinions.
I just think guys his size struggle to make it to the top level. The game is full of 100kg robots these days.
the little guys you reference played in a completely different era where fatigue and small guys with footy smarts could succeed.
I see so much of it in junior footy, where small 7s and 1s have speed and talent then only to do a shoulder or get a few concussions from slightly poorly timed tackles.
It’s tough to make it to the top.

Last edited: