What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

justadragon

Bench
Fair enough, no offence taken. Forums are meant to discuss varied opinions.
I just think guys his size struggle to make it to the top level. The game is full of 100kg robots these days.
the little guys you reference played in a completely different era where fatigue and small guys with footy smarts could succeed.
I see so much of it in junior footy, where small 7s and 1s have speed and talent then only to do a shoulder or get a few concussions from slightly poorly timed tackles.
It’s tough to make it to the top.
Good point JJ, I still have visions of the small Dolphins FB, I think Fuller is his name having blinders, but you are right maybe in this era their time is limited.

TheRev

First Grade
Few games on today:
o Jersey Flegg (1.20pm) - No Coverage
o NSW Cup (3.15pm) - Foxtel/KAYO Coverage
o First Grade (5.30pm) - Foxtel/KAYO Coverage

Flegg thoughts: They are missing LKT/Buchanan in Cup but so many replacements they should be fine, and they need to get used to players moving up anyway,

NSW Cup: Im more concerned with the 5 first grade outs.. means no Couchmans, Marschke, , Feagais, SFinau and up against the Panthers... upside will be tv coverage of LKT who I think is next most likely behind Williams to move quickly into Cup more permanently.. and Buchanan I think is next in line behind those 2.. its just his size/age.. so lets see how he handles cup today.. will be a great test. Hopefully MMolo and AlexTui stand up, but its an awful bench imo.. needed one of the props to move up.. Tonga or Stewart etc.

justadragon

Bench
Few games on today:
o Jersey Flegg (1.20pm) - No Coverage
o NSW Cup (3.15pm) - Foxtel/KAYO Coverage
o First Grade (5.30pm) - Foxtel/KAYO Coverage

Flegg thoughts: They are missing LKT/Buchanan in Cup but so many replacements they should be fine, and they need to get used to players moving up anyway,

NSW Cup: Im more concerned with the 5 first grade outs.. means no Couchmans, Marschke, , Feagais, SFinau and up against the Panthers... upside will be tv coverage of LKT who I think is next most likely behind Williams to move quickly into Cup more permanently.. and Buchanan I think is next in line behind those 2.. its just his size/age.. so lets see how he handles cup today.. will be a great test. Hopefully MMolo and AlexTui stand up, but its an awful bench imo.. needed one of the props to move up.. Tonga or Stewart etc.
Keen to see how Peckham-Harris goes at 14, I sought of hold high hopes for this kid.