What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

Ben Rumble was absolutely outstanding today.
Yeh probably man of the match. Loves getting the ball into his hands. Loves Quinn too as he threw the final pass for two of his tries. Having said that, Rumble threw the pass for Quinns only try. He may be bigger these days but Quinn still has plenty of toe. Rumble could tho use some extra kilos as he will be rag dolled if he stays at fullback in the future

Last edited:

denis preston

First Grade
We have a couple of big dude prospects in Liu and Webster, Liu adding a clever offload to his resume. Of interest there were two sons of former players, Callum Leikvoll son of Chris, Travis Barrett-Hancock, son of one of my fave players, Trent Barrett. Both in the pack and both can play.
Why the hyphenated surname if he is Barretts son ?

I think the club should add another Flegg team to the competition.
Ward as first receiver naturally had more ball and was busier than his halves partner. He too is a good prospect, perhaps needs a few more kilos. He also kicks goals, tho he takes an age to execute them. Think he is also a Saints junior..
He played Steelers S.G. Ball.

TheRev

First Grade
I believe last year they were looking at merging the 2 SG Ball teams? It got shot down.. and I think there are pros and cons:

o Pro: You merge the teams and you would have a super side essentially... who would be very difficult to stop in terms of winning the SG ball competitions and just generally encouraging our future players to have a winning culture..
o Con: You just halved the number of kids who get that SG Experience and a chance to prove themselves.. and how could you possibly decide between Latu and Meafou or King-Togia and Hammoud..
o Con: I assume all these kids are living at home, and since we have 2 bases... the later you can leave having to leave home.. the better.

Note: I think much of the Dragons SG success this year has been through junior recruitment, a lot of those Dragons kids arent born in the area.. and im not sure why the U17 HM sides are struggling so hard... maybe there isnt the focus on recruitment at that age?

But having 2xJF sides is an interesting concept.. I think it makes a lot of sense given how well our SG ball sides are doing, but if having split JF sides means both teams are getting pumped every week.. then it doesnt do well for encouraging success.. but at the same time there are so many SG Ball kids coming out this year that really do deserve a crack in the JF system.. but theyre gonna have to go and play in other leagues.. I dunno Im sure Flanno and co have a good idea what they want to happen.. definitely pros and cons..

TheRev

First Grade
Sounded like an epic win in JF, lead changing a few times and we win with 2mins left... 2 tries for Rumble, but Jett Liu sent off is not good.. must have been serious..

TheRev

First Grade
As for NSW Cup, few interesting selections, and damn head clash will rule Ryan Couchman out just 2mins into the game.. that sux.. but helps a bit with the positive start and early try to AlexT.

Freebairn as the starting 9 is a surprise, wonder whats up with Mulheissen?

Latest posts