What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

TheRev

First Grade
Checking out some of the highlights from City Country match, I didn't realise we had Buchanan/Halangahu and sometimes Latu all out on that left edge, but its a star studded city team, Woods the young dogs halfback was in everything.. jealous of that one.

I can't find the player numbers, so not sure if Zechariah Taufa featured in the highlights for Country.

hewi

Bench
From Foxs sport

NSW CUP

The Dragons are on the up and key to that is playmaker Jesse Marschke. The 26-year-old has now scored in back-to-back games and has eight try assists in six appearances this season — including one on the weekend. Marschke, who would’ve felt right at home at North Sydney Oval after spending three seasons with the Bears, also recorded a linebreak, four tackle busts and 77 metres.

And the 20-year-old Couchman twins once again led from the front. Ryan topped the metre count for the game with 209, while also making 31 tackles — two misses — at prop. In each of his last six games, Ryan has ran at least 150 metres and has been averaging 35 tackles per game. Toby, was right up there with his brother, finishing with 171 running metres and 31 tackles — one miss. Toby has also been in red-hot form this season. He’s averaging 155 running metres and 33 tackles per game at a seriously impressive tackle efficiency of 97.8 per cent. The pair can’t do much more to earn a call-up by NRL coach Shane Flanagan.

Makeshift fullback Mat Feagai is looking better with every game he gets in the No.1 jersey. Feagai has played majority of his footy on the wing but has been playing fullback, while in NSW Cup, due to a lack of depth in that position. Feagai scored a try in the Dragons’ win over the Raiders, got two linebreaks, 10 tackle busts and ran 175 metres.

Young gun winger Savelio Tamale was electric once again, finishing with a try, eight tackle busts and 200 running metres. The 19-year-old now has seven tries in his last six games and is averaging over 150 metres per game — it’s no wonder he’s attracted the interest of a rival club

hook hook

Juniors
From Foxs sport

NSW CUP

The Dragons are on the up and key to that is playmaker Jesse Marschke. The 26-year-old has now scored in back-to-back games and has eight try assists in six appearances this season — including one on the weekend. Marschke, who would’ve felt right at home at North Sydney Oval after spending three seasons with the Bears, also recorded a linebreak, four tackle busts and 77 metres.

And the 20-year-old Couchman twins once again led from the front. Ryan topped the metre count for the game with 209, while also making 31 tackles — two misses — at prop. In each of his last six games, Ryan has ran at least 150 metres and has been averaging 35 tackles per game. Toby, was right up there with his brother, finishing with 171 running metres and 31 tackles — one miss. Toby has also been in red-hot form this season. He’s averaging 155 running metres and 33 tackles per game at a seriously impressive tackle efficiency of 97.8 per cent. The pair can’t do much more to earn a call-up by NRL coach Shane Flanagan.

Makeshift fullback Mat Feagai is looking better with every game he gets in the No.1 jersey. Feagai has played majority of his footy on the wing but has been playing fullback, while in NSW Cup, due to a lack of depth in that position. Feagai scored a try in the Dragons’ win over the Raiders, got two linebreaks, 10 tackle busts and ran 175 metres.

Young gun winger Savelio Tamale was electric once again, finishing with a try, eight tackle busts and 200 running metres. The 19-year-old now has seven tries in his last six games and is averaging over 150 metres per game — it’s no wonder he’s attracted the interest of a rival club
Couchman’s must have shagged flanno’s daughter or something. There’s no other explanation as to why Lawrie keeps getting picked above at least one of them

If De Belin does not accept the year by year deal on the table, I have no doubt Toby Couchman is the player to replace him.
Flanagan said during the off season that Toby was not ready for first grade last year.
Playing reserve grade week in week out in 2024 is to help ready him for the step up to first grade next time round.

Victoire

Juniors
If De Belin does not accept the year by year deal on the table, I have no doubt Toby Couchman is the player to replace him.
Flanagan said during the off season that Toby was not ready for first grade last year.
Playing reserve grade week in week out in 2024 is to help ready him for the step up to first grade next time round.
Absolutely. And there's two of him!

hook hook

Juniors
I think the attitude with the Couchmans is slowly slowly catchee monkey. They are young be patient bring them on slowly next year BMM and maybe JDB and Eisenhuth won't be there so there will be big opportunities for them.
I would have agreed wholeheartedly at the beginning of the season. However, the consistency of them shows that they’re ready. We’re on the cusp of the 8 we should field our best team

TheRev

First Grade
KOE is similar to last week apart from Tamale being back at centre with CTui outside him.. thats interesting..

But Ben Rumble is back this week in Flegg finally..and TPH as #19 excited me cause hes still around the system.. id hate to see him forgotten about.. but understandably with BRumble in front its a big ask..

But yah my boy Williams FINALLY... lets gooo!!!! Very strong Flegg side, we rly have it stacked... couple missing still like Halangahu and Ackers (i think injured), but its getting close to full strength (injuries aside).

1. Ben Rumble
2. Cain Barnes
3. Hayden Buchanan
4. Ben Lavender
5. Jesse Williams
6. Lyhkan King-Togia
7. Ashton Ward
8. Loko Pasifiki Tonga
9. Kyan Hjaltason (c)
10. Jett Liu
11. Cyrus Stanley-Traill
12. Nick Tsougranis
13. Hamish Stewart
Interchange
14. Nick Quinn
15. Jacob Webster
16. Finau Latu
17. Callum Leikvoll
Reserves
18. Isaac Laughton
19. Tyler Peckham-Harris

BLM01

First Grade
Agree and look at all the strong clubs and some of their stars or better known players playing reserve grade and killing it but cant get a start in 1sts. It is actually good for depth and the future to have that competition. They are young and forwards plenty of opportunity will come their way with injury etc. + people forget the difference in quality and speed with a step up... it is quite large.

TheRev

First Grade
Yup, the big minutes/metres in nsw cup is no guarantee either Couchman will actually succeed in 1st grade.. its a huge step up and they have relatively small frames, noting that they still have growing to do at 20.5yrs old.

But as soon as there is an injury or 2 in 1st grade... 1 will get a chance and we will see how far they have come since last year (where I thought they were not up for it).

They wont be as good as JDB/Sele/Frank though.. those 3 are legit experienced (and much older) front rowers. I know Lawrie is a different story, but I think Flanno wants him in the shop window so he can trade him out.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
Yup, the big minutes/metres in nsw cup is no guarantee either Couchman will actually succeed in 1st grade.. its a huge step up and they have relatively small frames, noting that they still have growing to do at 20.5yrs old.

But as soon as there is an injury or 2 in 1st grade... 1 will get a chance and we will see how far they have come since last year (where I thought they were not up for it).

They wont be as good as JDB/Sele/Frank though.. those 3 are legit experienced (and much older) front rowers. I know Lawrie is a different story, but I think Flanno wants him in the shop window so he can trade him out.
Rev, that last sentence is such a great point. Never thought of it that way. Brilliant.

Also very happy for you now that Jesse is getting a crack in Flegg. Really good test for the team, Bulldogs are killing it so should show where we really are.

Latest posts