What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

TheRev

Coach
Huge win for our season in NSW Cup (18-14), it was a lot closer than we would have hoped given they had around 50% completion and 46 missed tackles... but we ironically won on goalkicking (which is a 1st)... match notes:
  • Jack Bird was competent after he warmed into the game, he got to most kicks... but as I mentioned earlier his lack of speed was exposed badly on several occasions (but mostly just early on).. but tbf he did a couple of good things later on including stopping a winger scoring. They spoke to him after the game, he was meant to play ctr (which I think is his long term spot, replacing Shereb), but Nu Brown went up and a reshuffle happened.
  • Buchanan had some errors, hes rly not exploding in NSW Cup like id hoped for someone who might be fast-tracked.. early days but combined with his smaller body...
  • Fifita FFS.. this guy.. its like dejavu... 2 big carries that looked epic and then his hands on hips behind the line sucking em in.. next carry is an error and next one is a bad pass for another error.. i dont understand what happens at training, this must be very obvious that his fitness is awful, is he a lazy trainer or is this the best he can do?
  • Tonga however in his 2nd game is aready way in front of Fifita.. lots of carries, all of them big and strong.. seems a bit slow to accelerate, I think thats just his massive frame, but he seems to have enough endurance.. its a no-brainer, hes easily handing this grade.
  • Coric is playing for his career, smashing it up.. maybe he stays on in a nsw capacity next year? I do see some synergy between him and a young Lawrie though.... AlecT was rly strong also as usual.
  • LKT had a few moments himself.. not sure what to make of his progress, he goes alright, but he doesnt cut thru like he did in lower grades.
  • Egan doing Egan things.. defensively strong.. chased a speedy winger and keep him to the corner which in a close game was important.. still not sure hes a keeper though.

TheRev

Coach
A lot of outs in JF. Rumble, hijaltason and Halangahu notable ones.

TPH at FB which will be good to see.
Halangahu was never playing, he had rep duties, but the other 2 are significant names (apparently they were sick).

However.. even though I do love BRumble, I was secretly waiting for an injury or promotion so we could see TPH get that #1 jersey.. wish the game had coverage today.. love to see how he went.. rly hoping he will be our Trai Fuller or Keano Kini.. i.e. our little pocket rocket.. ironically it might be his pace that is the piece missing, but his tenacity might yet make up for it.

Last edited:

TheRev

Coach
The Roosters winger Tyreece Tait can certainly run and is only 18 I think. If he is not contracted may be someone we can look at with the Roosters having Young and the union winger there next year blocking his path.
man didnt he embarrass us today... tonnes of pace, played U19's for QLD.

though I think we need a gun centre to partner Suli.. cause winger wise I dont hate CTui, SFinau, Feagai, Allan.. i think they can be competent..

Latest posts