What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

TheRev

First Grade
What are Ward’s stats like? He seems to be in the team most weeks and seems to be in the thick of try assists. His kicks in general play seem to be good on highlights but misses a few conversions. Have we signed him for next year or is he another junior half that hasn’t progressed as quick as the fans and club would like?
I feel like were going to sign a backup half (lets say its Volkman for arguments sake), which means potentially thats our NSW Cup 7 next year.. unless he pushes out kyle or hunt.. but.. at this stage I think Ward is next in line to take the 7 jersey behind this theoretical signing.. he could start his year in Jersey Flegg though.

But once the SG Ball season finishes.. I reckon Kade Reed would be move up into Flegg, hes the one they have highest hopes for... I spose they could run both of them..

I dont mind Ward, some fans rly like him.. he takes the ball to the line.. kicks ok.. I dunno its hard.. like its got to be the hardest position in the game to move up a grade.. but assuming they r moving on from Glover.. hes next in.

TheRev

First Grade
I'd say Allen will play fullback in 2025.
I feel like its a possibility.. its so hard to know what to expect from Allen.. I find it hard to take him seriously, but wouldnt it be great if he surprises us...

Its also possible that next weekend we see Lomax @1, so we can go all-in on flanno-ball, but god I really hope another pre-season (without injury) maybe Sloan improves again, cause damn we will struggle if we have no speed at all in our backline.

TheRev

First Grade
We have NSWRLTV coverage for the next 2 NSWCup games also (Sunday 21st and Saturday 27th July).. will be interesting to see who drops back into the forward pack due to the bye.

God I wish id just bought the season pass instead of getting it for a month here or there.. ill learn my lesson for next year.

randomdragon

Juniors
We have NSWRLTV coverage for the next 2 NSWCup games also (Sunday 21st and Saturday 27th July).. will be interesting to see who drops back into the forward pack due to the bye.

God I wish id just bought the season pass instead of getting it for a month here or there.. ill learn my lesson for next year.
I’ve done 2 free trials, and paid twice so I think it’s $22 all up, curious how much you have spent on it?

TheRev

First Grade
I’ve done 2 free trials, and paid twice so I think it’s $22 all up, curious how much you have spent on it?
Hmm I just checked... I thought id spent more.. I think I timed the free trial perfectly for 3 weeks of footy, then 2 x $8.99 months since then.. and then ill be paying another $8.99 this weekend which will get both those upcoming NSW cup games..

Probably by the end of the year it wont end up too different to the $49 annual fee anyway.. they will probably cover JF finals too, but I dont think Dragons will be in them.. will be difficult to make Top5.

Just a note to everyone... you can only get that free trial once per credit card (you cant just make new accounts), so next year if its the same model.. ill just get the annual.. I do watch all the dragons/steelers content they give us tbf.. I get that not everyone is as interested.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Hmm I just checked... I thought id spent more.. I think I timed the free trial perfectly for 3 weeks of footy, then 2 x $8.99 months since then.. and then ill be paying another $8.99 this weekend which will get both those upcoming NSW cup games..

Probably by the end of the year it wont end up too different to the $49 annual fee anyway.. they will probably cover JF finals too, but I dont think Dragons will be in them.. will be difficult to make Top5.

Just a note to everyone... you can only get that free trial once per credit card (you cant just make new accounts), so next year if its the same model.. ill just get the annual.. I do watch all the dragons/steelers content they give us tbf.. I get that not everyone is as interested.
f**king insane that they charge you just to not stream every game.

TheRev

First Grade
f**king insane that they charge you just to not stream every game.
I hear ya.. and I wish they would/could, I imagine though that because they cover a whole bunch of random lower grade stuff too.. and womens content that they are spread too thin... i dunno how many commentators or technical staff they would need to expand.. perhaps if they had a bigger viewer base to fund?

They have been pretty good with NSW Cup (Fox pick up some too), but the SG&JF we got 1 season game only.. I dont think those grades are a priority to them. they do cover I think all finals series, so that was rly good for SG Ball..

Wouldnt mind if the NRL or NSWRL helped them out a bit.. it grows the game..... Id also love to see the games even if not live or even commentated.. but again I dont think most fans would go for that.. and I dunno what the 2025 model will be, 2024 has been a real experiment I think.

TheRev

First Grade
Maybe they could televise all but have a tag for commentated vs non commentated games.. Or have a 24hr delay on games they can't commentate live..

They could atleast put up a list of numbers and names if nothing else to stop ppl needing to look it up.

That short side guy was saying a lot of the audience is transient, parents and friends of kids while they r in lower grades.... But I reckon there is a product here.. But maybe it needs a tweak or 2 from the nrl with ages and grades..

Runner

Juniors

Still pretty cheap if you take the full year at under $50.

There is so much content that I am not interested in but maybe it helps generate interest at the grass roots level.

I hope they add Flegg and Ball matches next year to the 3 x NSW Cup matches. Even if they did a couple of matches each week for Flegg and Ball it would be good.

TheRev

First Grade
Still pretty cheap if you take the full year at under $50.

There is so much content that I am not interested in but maybe it helps generate interest at the grass roots level.

I hope they add Flegg and Ball matches next year to the 3 x NSW Cup matches. Even if they did a couple of matches each week for Flegg and Ball it would be good.
Agree.. its all about perspective with value.. btw I thought it was 3xNSW Cup originally, but they actually kind of roll out their schedule as they go.. so NSW Cup, has had 9 games televised so far (plus the next 2 weeks), so 11.. and im sure there will be more yet.

The Lower grades yeah very little coverage.. but they seem to cover all finals days too, so that was an extra 3 rounds of SG for example.

BLM01

First Grade
The NRLW had trial matches on the weekend which they recorded with no commentary

Yeh Sowie has a lot of work to do. 5 tries 2 from the team that ran last?
Our forwards were out done and beaten for pace around the edges. Defense needs to improve. Only a trial

Latest posts