What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Koori Mail's indigenous Dream Team 2005

Big Bunny

Juniors
ozbash said:
Big Bunny and Tigerdude, your posts were deleted not because of any content you may have added but because of the quotes by Tom Arbour who is no longer with us.
Shame he had to spoil such a good thread.

Perfectly understandable, ozbash. Cheers.

innsaneink

Referee
Big Bunny said:
I can understand why you'd rather dismiss his stupidity, but I tend to take the view that it's when ignorant people are dismissed outright that they then go on to infect others and things can get out of hand.

Personally given the chance, I'd have banned him immediately and reported his activity to his ISP. I'd go further, if given his personal details I'd have the little prick in court for violation of Commonwealth anti discrimination laws before he could ever wipe the sweat from that red neck of his.

So its OK for you to abuse him verbally, slander or libel whatever it is....call him a "little prick" and a "red neck", but when he starts with racial abuse, you'll haul his ass into court?

Dont get me wrong, Im not supporting or condoning what he did....it just seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Now now fellas.... settle down. This thread has been given a second chance to get back on topic. Take the opportunity to discuss it without the squabbling.
Cheers.

girvie

Staff member
I think it would be pretty good if an Australian Aboriginal side played a New Zealand Maori side as the curtain raiser to the World Cup Final.

Big Bunny

Juniors
innsaneink said:
So its OK for you to abuse him verbally, slander or libel whatever it is....call him a "little prick" and a "red neck", but when he starts with racial abuse, you'll haul his ass into court?

Dont get me wrong, Im not supporting or condoning what he did....it just seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Did you actually read the thread before it was edited?

1. His first comment was racist.
2. He is the textbook definition of a redneck.
3. A definite prick and that's letting him off lightly.
4. If you read once again what I wrote, you'll realise that I never insinuated that he has a small member, only that he himself is small. Only a small mind would have started what he did.

I think you should seriously rethink your understanding of the word hypocritical . Because if anything, what I said was a fair appraisal and any court would realise that.

Btw, if it really bothered you it would have been easier to make your point in a PM rather than dragging it on. I'm sorry that you're upset by my reply to the bloke, but really I find it remarkable that you came to the conclusion that you did.

innsaneink

Referee
Big Bunny said:
Did you actually read the thread before it was edited?

1. His first comment was racist.
2. He is the textbook definition of a redneck.
3. A definite prick and that's letting him off lightly.
4. If you read once again what I wrote, you'll realise that I never insinuated that he has a small member, only that he himself is small. Only a small mind would have started what he did.

I think you should seriously rethink your understanding of the word hypocritical . Because if anything, what I said was a fair appraisal and any court would realise that.

Btw, if it really bothered you it would have been easier to make your point in a PM rather than dragging it on. I'm sorry that you're upset by my reply to the bloke, but really I find it remarkable that you came to the conclusion that you did.

Have a happy day champ.:thumb

girvie said:
I think it would be pretty good if an Australian Aboriginal side played a New Zealand Maori side as the curtain raiser to the World Cup Final.

Top idea...Get Arthur Beetson to coach it; it would get tonnes of interest from league fans for sure

Green Machine

First Grade
Wouldn’t it be good to have an indigenous Dream Team, play in a charity match at the start of the season, against another NRL as part of the preseason trials. The closest I’ve seen to the telepathy between aboriginal players, with white fellas was the Johns brothers in a game at Brookvale in the late 90’s. In Wally Lewis’s book, he spoke about how Artie would divide the Queensland team up into two sides for a game of touch with the white fellas V the black fellas, with the black fellas (with Artie) flogging the white fellas.

A game with Preston Campbell and Matty Bowen combining and making 100kg forwards grasping at fresh air would be worth the price of admission alone,