What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Korbin out?

Spot On

Coach
Lol.

Depends how you look at it.

Korbin is on $1200 a week after tax. The average rent in Brisbane is around $550 a week.

Shall we assume he rents a decent pad??? Bump that to $700???

Leaves him $500 a week to pay his bills (electricity, water, phone, insurances, rego, fuel etc) buy food and look after a partner/wife and child.

That's not including anything else during the week ie beer and a punt.

He aint eating out bro.

By the way, the comment was 'tongue in cheek'.

Spot On

Coach
What did he say??? I've taken little interest in his career after I was told he wanted out a long time before he actually left.

Knight76

Juniors
This is all I could find now,

“There were lots of things which went (wrong) in terms of my injuries, the playing group and how the club was going,” Rochow said of the Knights.

“I don’t think I had a great option to stay. The negotiation process was a tricky one. We didn’t even come down to an offer to stay. It came to a stage mid-to-late in the season where I knew I had to find another club.

“I’m happy I’ve landed here. It’s such a professional club with a proud history. Leaving Newcastle was a hard decision but something I had to do.

I didn't read that too favorably. I'm pretty sure there were other comments he made.

Knight76

Juniors
Another comment from him.

It’s understood Rochow told Knights officials he would be forced to push himself harder if he was part of a stronger roster.

Seems like a good self motivator. If others are struggling, why try.

Anyway, glad he is gone.

Spot On

Coach
The quote, "I don't think I had a great option to stay" is a little ambiguous.

Nathan Brown's version of events with Rochow was that Rochow told the club not to make him an offer and that he didn't want to stay. Brown has said the club wanted to keep him.

I wonder if the move to Souths will turn out any better for him. I don't get what the appeal would have been for him.

Spot On

Coach
Another comment from him.

Seems like a good self motivator. If others are struggling, why try.

Anyway, glad he is gone.

....and to me that sums up his leadership qualities. Zero.

Yet so many where saying he would be a great captain for the club????

I don't know how they could have formed that opinion?

Knight76

Juniors
I read his comments meaning he wanted to get away from the Knights as they were going nowhere and he wanted to move to a more competitive club.

I'm sure there was something else he said at the time also. Can't find it now though.

Rochow left for Melbourne when we were dirt poor. Came back when the Tinkler cash was flowing and then left when it dried up.

Don't begrudge players making money but he hasn't displayed much loyalty particularly after being paid well for 2 injury riddled seasons.

Noname36

First Grade
To be honest I couldn't care less about their reasons for leaving or their performances now.

I only want players at the club that genuinely care for it and want to do all they can to improve it.

A player like Gagai for example, who we've rightly criticised for some of his defensive errors, i actually have a shit load of respect for because at the very least he's always stood by and has been positive about the club despite coaches giving him more than a few opportunities to get out, guilt free if he wanted. Where most of them have run for the hills, preferring to walk into an already successful club rather than working hard to improve this one and that says as much about them as it does the Knights IMO.

Spot On

Coach
Here here No Name.

Cant say I'm a Gagai fan yet but what you've said about his off field attitude and rhetoric is 100% correct and I respect him for it big time.

I hope his form supports the stance he's taken when defending the club.

Last edited:

Glendale

Juniors
Is this now 'Ex-players watch thread'?

Tyrone went awesome at hooker for the Tits tonight. Takes me back to when he played hooker for us for a couple of games. Would have been a better Hooker then a halfback if he focused on it IMO.

Sorry for the OT.

perverse

Referee
Here here No Name.

Cant say I'm a Gagai fan yet but what you've said about his off field attitude and rhetoric is 100% correct and I respect him for it big time.

I hope his form supports the stance he's taken when defending the club.
Will have to wait until mid-next year at the earliest before you give him a pass I reckon. Contract year this year, I'm sure if he hits form there'll be no shortage of people pointing that out, yourself included.

He's definitely been a good clubman for us, with no real reason to be beyond what he thinks is important for his own integrity. Few would have blamed him for walking at any given time.

PhilGould

Bench
56m, 23 tackles, 3 missed tackles, 2 errors, 2 penalties, a few big hit attempts. This is literally no different than his average game for us, but because he's with Brisbane now commentators are talking it up.