What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Korbin Sims

Since he is off contract at Newcastle, what are the chances that the Cows can buy him? I think considering how well Ashton and Tariq play off each other, one can only imagine what would happen if Korbin joins the foil.

billy2

Juniors
He's been nothing special at the Knights, but he could come good when back with family.

He's been nothing special at the Knights, but he could come good when back with family.

Thats like Ashton though. He has been a solid player without being great over the last few seasons, this year however playing alongside Tariq he has drastically stepped up. Went from being a fringe player at the Dragons/Broncos to a regular at the Cows. I can only imagine that Korbin will have the same step up.

Talanexor

Juniors
We've managed to get the two older Sims to play career-best footy, so the more the merrier! What position does Korbin play?

Wacko Jacko

Juniors
Korbin has another year at knights, his training in FG Squad over summer but is still eligable for Toyota Cup Next Year

billy2

Juniors
Korbin is one of 5 Knights NYC players training with firstgrade under Wayne Bennett in the off season, then he goes back to NYC under Graeme Murray (director of junior development) and a Qld cup coach (NYC coach) whose name i've forgotton.
If he doesn't come good this year it won't be because of lack of quality coaching.

Talanexor

Juniors
Korbin is one of 5 Knights NYC players training with firstgrade under Wayne Bennett in the off season, then he goes back to NYC under Graeme Murray (director of junior development) and a Qld cup coach (NYC coach) whose name i've forgotton.
If he doesn't come good this year it won't be because of lack of quality coaching.

Pretty sure the Knights NYC coach for next year is Mick Crawley - Neil Henry's former assistant at the Cowboys and Raiders.

Definitely wouldn't mind us signing Korbin for a pie and a coke and see how he goes training alongside his brothers.

aqua_duck

Coach
Anyone who gets Korbin's signature for next year won't be getting it for a pie and a coke. He's been playing insanely good the 1st 2 rounds of NYC, about the same level Tariq showed in his final year of NYC

Talanexor

Juniors
Gee, we'd have to have one of the best forward packs going around if we signed Korbin. And it would still be very young - Scott, Bolton and Ashton are all still in their mid 20s, and we have Taumalolo and Grevsmuhl coming through, with Leary, Hogan and Paterson playing QLD Cup.

I'd love to sign Korbin if the price is right, but I think the focus should be on keeping our best juniors.

Ulugia, Feldt, Pangai, Elisala, Morgan, Grevsmuhl, Hoare.

See if we can get Parker-Walshe back - in the right headspace - too.

How is Kyle O'Donnell going for the Knights?

aqua_duck

Coach
Knowing his brother that just sounds wrong.

Yeh it's abit of a surprise. I think Bennett is trying to channel his inner mongrel by playing him at prop inside of as a wide running backrower. The guy is a beast, he's bigger than Tariq Sims and quite the athlete but just doesn't seem to have as much motivation at this stage of him career

Talanexor

Juniors
Yeh it's abit of a surprise. I think Bennett is trying to channel his inner mongrel by playing him at prop inside of as a wide running backrower. The guy is a beast, he's bigger than Tariq Sims and quite the athlete but just doesn't seem to have as much motivation at this stage of him career

Gee that's a shame to hear. Luke O'Donnell was always one of my favourite Cowboys. Yes, he was good for a brain explosion or 3, but you could never question his passion. It's a shame he never really learned to control that aggression on the football field.

In saying that, it sounds like Kyle has all the right attributes, just isn't in the right headspace at the moment. If you can get that right, look out. He'll be a weapon and a half if he's anything like big brother.

Didgi

Add Francis Veukiso and Anthony Gadd to the stock of rising forwards, I particularly liked what Veukiso did to start the season and am clueless as to why he hasn't been named this week.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
the way the knigons are going, they'll more than likely just sign up tariq & ashton to help make korbin play better...

/end bitter dragons fan rant..

perverse

Referee
Korbin would have to be pretty keen on brotherly love to leave our setup at the moment. i'm not trying to exude arrogance, but he has Wayne Bennett as his coach and all the infrastructure around him he could want to fulfill his maximum potential. his footy has come to life this year in a big way.

i'm not saying that it won't happen, but he'd be making a questionable career decision moving to the Cowboys, even if they do offer him a bit more coin. i don't say that to belittle your club, i would say that of more or less any club besides perhaps the Storm - as first and foremost their development system is pretty well tried and proven, and as a small perk it also contains the opportunity to play off Cam Smith, Cronk and Slater.

i see a lot of small perks in Korbin moving the Nth QLD, he gets to play with his brothers and with JT... but i don't know about it being a smart long term career decision.

Talanexor

Juniors
Korbin would have to be pretty keen on brotherly love to leave our setup at the moment. i'm not trying to exude arrogance, but he has Wayne Bennett as his coach and all the infrastructure around him he could want to fulfill his maximum potential. his footy has come to life this year in a big way.

i'm not saying that it won't happen, but he'd be making a questionable career decision moving to the Cowboys, even if they do offer him a bit more coin. i don't say that to belittle your club, i would say that of more or less any club besides perhaps the Storm - as first and foremost their development system is pretty well tried and proven, and as a small perk it also contains the opportunity to play off Cam Smith, Cronk and Slater.

i see a lot of small perks in Korbin moving the Nth QLD, he gets to play with his brothers and with JT... but i don't know about it being a smart long term career decision.

You could say that about the Knights though. Bennett will get his premiership and then he'll go to another club/retire and his boy Boyd will follow. And by then you'll have a team full of Dragons imports without any ties to the local area who will all move away too...

Nah, just taking the p1ss mate. I agree, with Bennett's coaching and player-pulling power and Tinkler's money, the Knights would be a really good place to be a junior right now.

In saying that, I think our setup has come a long way in recent years. We're the club that gave Tariq his break and got Ashton playing career-best footy. I mean, he was a fringe first grader at the Broncos and Dragons and now he's regularly making 100m+ per game off the bench.

Latest posts