What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Centy Coast

Juniors
The Bears go down again on a weekend of upsets with every team who were in the Top Five losing, the Bears had a chance to grab top spot but weren’t up to it despite leading 14-4 at one stage.
Injuries have really hit the Bears hard with Fullback Jack Toby (broken foot), Halfback Ben Stevanovic, Prop Regan Hughes, Prop Phil Makatoa, Centre Israel Ogden and our regular Storm players Centre Dean Ieremia, Prop Tepai Moeroa and Second Rower Ativalu Lisati all injured atm.
The Bears still sit in second spot on the NSW Cup Competition Table, equal first with the Canberra Raiders but behind them on points differential, despite not winning a match for 5 consecutive games.

IMG_5429.jpeg

Last edited:

flippikat

Bench
So has anyone heard any recent whispers as to when we'll hear more? Not necessarily just re: the Bears too.

What's the thoughts on the chances of an update before the Grand Final versus AFTER the Grand Final? (Which is more likely?)

Nuke

Staff member
For what it's worth, I've had a few little play-arounds with logos in my limited spare time, and I've come up with something that I think is going to be close to what eventually is released and is an improvement on those logos I found submitted on the IP Australia website.

I have some ideas for jersey designs too, but they are just scribbles on some scrap paper at the moment..!

Here's my logo design for the Western Bears:
WB mockup logo.jpg

MugaB

Coach
For what it's worth, I've had a few little play-arounds with logos in my limited spare time, and I've come up with something that I think is going to be close to what eventually is released and is an improvement on those logos I found submitted on the IP Australia website.

I have some ideas for jersey designs too, but they are just scribbles on some scrap paper at the moment..!

View attachment 93096
Reverse the bear, yellow on the western would look better, otherwise better than the gorilla logo previously

WB mockup logo.jpg

Nuke

Staff member
Reverse the bear, yellow on the western would look better, otherwise better than the gorilla logo previously

View attachment 93099
The shadow on the emblem is intended to be in close resemblance to the Bears logos over the past 40-or-so years.

But I do like the sun shining from the 'golden west' idea of yours.

Perth Red

Post Whore

View attachment 93096
I cant see NS agreeing to that much yellow tbh. Would be good though and pop against a black jersey.bears salford jersey2.png

Latest posts