What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Korbin Sims

monsterkev

Juniors
Korbin can be more devastating than tariq
I remember everyone saying tariq was a bad signing but by seasons end everyone had changed their minds
I think this will be a good signing if it happens
Much better than jdb,ahmau,marketo,host,mathews etc
But we have already got a lot of forwards so i dont know if he will get signed

Turk

Juniors
Cant agree with you guys. Korbin Sims is a great player that is stuck in a dud team would sign him in a heartbeat. I am also a fan of Debelin but he just hasnt hit that level we have all been waiting for him to reach. When i first seen him come into the scene i was like wow this bloke is going to be something special but he sorter fizzled out. Whether that be due to coaching or something else i dont know but he is 25 years old and should be ready to go up a gear or two. Hopefully he kills it in 2017. Another player that needs to lift along with JDB is Thompson.

jak

Bench
Cant agree with you guys. Korbin Sims is a great player that is stuck in a dud team would sign him in a heartbeat. I am also a fan of Debelin but he just hasnt hit that level we have all been waiting for him to reach. When i first seen him come into the scene i was like wow this bloke is going to be something special but he sorter fizzled out. Whether that be due to coaching or something else i dont know but he is 25 years old and should be ready to go up a gear or two. Hopefully he kills it in 2017. Another player that needs to lift along with JDB is Thompson.
debelin does a lot of the dirty work others don't want to a lot like dean young did

BennyV

Referee
Korbin can be more devastating than tariq
I remember everyone saying tariq was a bad signing but by seasons end everyone had changed their minds
I think this will be a good signing if it happens
Much better than jdb,ahmau,marketo,host,mathews etc
But we have already got a lot of forwards so i dont know if he will get signed
Not better than Host.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I would give them Matthews and Marketo and Lafai for Korbin Sims.
That way we would get rid of some deadwood. The Knights seem to have a
weaker roster than us which is not getting any stronger.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Not that I can recall a single successful player swap between clubs, but I can't understand how anyone thinks that the Knights would accept a shit sandwich in return for Korbin. At minimum they would want a player of the same calibre not a Matthews or a Marketo or a Tinman hence the paper talk of JDB in which, I think we get the shorter end of the stick.

monsterkev

Juniors
Not better than Host.
host is nothing special at the moment and he needs to take his game up a couple of levels in 2017 otherwise with the forward roster we have he will be playing in the cutters
plenty of competitions for spots
but these are our individual opinions

betcats

Referee
Sims has potential. He is a big, powerfull unit.
When we got Tariq and the rumours started about Korbin, i started paying a little more attention to him.
He isnt a bad player. He was surrounded by inexperience yet you could see he still busted his ass trying.
Id happily swap him for mathews and marketo and id even throw in AhMau as well.
If our forward pack plays to its potential in 2017, cause lets be real, we have a VERY good forward pack in 2017, Korbin will be an excellent addition.
He is no sam burgess in his prime but he is a very good footballer.

Many Newcastle fans would disagree with that, I was in their forums a lot this season and the guy was getting hammered quite often for not putting in.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Brown is a uninspiring coach and will not see out the year. He had six years to win a premiership as coach of the Dragons and got nowhere. He is too busy gambling, going to the races and
surfing. Doust really stuffed up on his
appointment as coach.
The Knights are hopeless. Just look at their roster and who they have lost and
gained.

Reactions: Qdf

giboz71

First Grade
host is nothing special at the moment and he needs to take his game up a couple of levels in 2017 otherwise with the forward roster we have he will be playing in the cutters

Are you serious?

The kid is 20 years old and was playing NYC at the beginning of the year. Was solid in all his FG appearances including an excellent back rowers try against Newcastle. Was also in the NSW Cup team of the year and was one of the best players when the Cutters won the comp.

He was one the few bright spots of 2016.

hermidale1

Juniors
You must be watching someone else. The kid only just turned 20 before grand final day yet was holding his own in both Cutters and NRL. Yet you think he's nothing special and needs to take his game up a coupke of levels.
Maybe you should ask Jason Demetriou what he thinks of him.

BennyV

Referee
Hmmmm, not sure where you pull that from. This kid should be a lock in for a bench spot and will be first cab off the rank if one of our edge forwards goes down. By the end of next year he will have a starting spot on the edge. A 20 year old who can absolutely shine in NSW Cup and more than hold his own in NRL, despite the inept coach who keeps him on the bench for 80 minutes, isn't something that ones around every day.

Kid has the ability to be every bit as good as Ben Creagh in his prime.

Hmmmm, not sure where you pull that from. This kid should be a lock in for a bench spot and will be first cab off the rank if one of our edge forwards goes down. By the end of next year he will have a starting spot on the edge. A 20 year old who can absolutely shine in NSW Cup and more than hold his own in NRL, despite the inept coach who keeps him on the bench for 80 minutes, isn't something that ones around every day.

Kid has the ability to be every bit as good as Ben Creagh in his prime.
Out of his arse

Gareth67

First Grade

I recall a young bloke by the name of Brad Mackay who played for the Dragons 1st grade
at , I think , 18 years of age . I am not suggesting that Host is another Brad Mackay , but merely pointing out that Brad was promoted to the top grade , because of his apparent ability . Wow , did he and also the Dragons reap the rewards of that selection .

Unless these younger players have THAT same opportunity , as did Mackay , we will never know just how good a player they actually are . All the more reason for not signing
Korbin Simms , he certainly has the potential to be a decent forward , but hey , let him go to the the end of the queue , as both Host and Leiluia have been waiting patiently for their spot in the top grade , and season 2017 will hopefully be it .

Last edited:

warwickdragon

Juniors
Jacob Host is a keeper and we've invested patiently in Jack De Belin. The only two players that could be of interest to us are Sims and Trent Hodkinson. The only two that we could swap would be Joel Thompson and Gareth Widdup

red rocket

Juniors
The kid could be a super star in the making Christ we would of won the twenties if he had of went back he is big can hit a hole also stings in defence think you must be watching the wrong guy if not take up chess

Latest posts