What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Korbin Sims

hermidale1

Juniors
If you think host is that good your off ya head
He hardly gets any game time so until he does my opinion will not change
We will see how he goes in 2017 as this should be a big year for him and other youngsters
If he goes ok i will give him accolades
But keep up the old jokes
Haven't heard them for deers
Just out of curiosity what is it you don't rate him with???
Game time? Well that's the coaches call.
Work rate is high enough and he does alot of work that goes un noticed by the average punter who only looks for the players who are great on the highlight reels.
Do you rate any of the younger players and if so who?
I'm really curious how you rate a player.
Everyone has an opinion but they never back it up with facts.
Finally someone else that does not have blinkers on unlike others on this matter
You will probably now cop shit from a couple of members that have a man crush on host

You seriously have an issue with the kid.
So spill the beans.
Who do you rate and why????

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
He doesn't need to be a superstar. He just needs to do his job which as an edge backrower is tackle and run good lines.

Proctor and Harris for the Storm, as well as Cooper and Lowe for the Cows would be nowhere unless they had the best halves in the comp feeding them and putting them into gaps game after game. Host has the potential to be as good as those guys, but the critical thing is we need halves that can feed him.

At the moment we don't. Once we get a decent halves pairing (wishful thinking), watch guys like Host, Thommo, Friz and Sims terrorize defenses.

I never said Host had to be a superstar, but others here were stating his potential to be one. I haven't seen anything to suggest he will be anything other than an average forward, I hope I'm wrong but let's see. Its not just a case of running good lines. Its timing and running onto the pass as well. Or It's being able to bust a tackle like Frizzel and Sims can, or being able to get the arms free to get a pass away like Leilua can, or having good footwork like Merrin had. All these players bring a little something extra. Yet to see Host do the same.

Not suggesting we rush out and buy Korbin Sims either, simply because I don't think he brings anything special to the club that we don't already have. Being 20th pick for Queensland however suggests he's a long way ahead of Host for ability.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Host has not got enough game time because of an idiot coach. Players like Host and Leilua are talented and have skills that Stone, Reddy and Wynn had at a young age. If Frizell has ongoing back problems we need to develop good attacking forwards or otherwise we will have to rely on backrowers who are Reserve Grade Standard such as De Belin, Marketo, Matthews and Thompson who will never be matchwinners based on their past and latest form.

monsterkev

Juniors
Just out of curiosity what is it you don't rate him with???
Game time? Well that's the coaches call.
Work rate is high enough and he does alot of work that goes un noticed by the average punter who only looks for the players who are great on the highlight reels.
Do you rate any of the younger players and if so who?
I'm really curious how you rate a player.
Everyone has an opinion but they never back it up with facts.

You seriously have an issue with the kid.
So spill the beans.
Who do you rate and why????
have you got nothing better to do than to butt in and question why i dont rate host
well let me ask you what the f**k has he done that is so shit hot and wher are the facts to back it up
answer:there is nothing
as you said it is an opinion leave it at that
i do not have to explain everything to you and if you dont like it dont respond
you have also suggested i am not rating the younger players this is more dribble coming from you
if you read other posts i said i would eat humble pie if he proved to be a gun in 2017 if he is average dont expect me to change my mind

giboz71

First Grade
I never said Host had to be a superstar, but others here were stating his potential to be one. I haven't seen anything to suggest he will be anything other than an average forward, I hope I'm wrong but let's see. Its not just a case of running good lines. Its timing and running onto the pass as well. Or It's being able to bust a tackle like Frizzel and Sims can, or being able to get the arms free to get a pass away like Leilua can, or having good footwork like Merrin had. All these players bring a little something extra. Yet to see Host do the same.

Not suggesting we rush out and buy Korbin Sims either, simply because I don't think he brings anything special to the club that we don't already have. Being 20th pick for Queensland however suggests he's a long way ahead of Host for ability.

As I've said, the kid just turned 20 years old and has a whole 8 NRL games under his belt, and played pretty well despite playing in a very poor team under a worse coach.

He's an Australian Schoolboy, was in the NSW Cup team of the year and was instrumental in the Cutters winning the comp. Not bad for a 20 year old don't you think?

We've kept JDB and Rein for the past 4 years, think Host is worth persevering with perhaps?

Lethal25

Juniors
As I've said, the kid just turned 20 years old and has a whole 8 NRL games under his belt, and played pretty well despite playing in a very poor team under a worse coach.

He's an Australian Schoolboy, was in the NSW Cup team of the year and was instrumental in the Cutters winning the comp. Not bad for a 20 year old don't you think?

We've kept JDB and Rein for the past 4 years, think Host is worth persevering with perhaps?
Yep

Rather give Host a crack than shell out for Korbin Sims

Bench
We don't need players that other clubs don't want nor do we need players that just one more season, just because a player was once a great player doesn't mean that they now
One word should be driving management and recruitment is JUNIORS

KiamaSaint

Coach
We don't need players that other clubs don't want nor do we need players that just one more season, just because a player was once a great player doesn't mean that they now
One word should be driving management and recruitment is JUNIORS
I don't think it is an either/or, and I have never really understood why many seem to paint it this way.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
In 2016 I believe that whatever grade Host played he made a significant difference. I watched him in Under 20's and he and Leilua shone. I believe that if Host and Garrick had played the last few games they would have won that grand final. Host and Wakeman were two of the best forward contributors for the premiership Cutters. Whenever Host played NRL he made a solid contribution and made few mistakes and I would rate him behind Frizzel and Packer. If he gets a go this year along with other now available forwards such as Leilua, Masoe and Vaughan we will have an aggressive and mobile forward pack like we had in 1977, 1979 and 2010. Kerr and Lewis hopefully will also make an impact and get some NRL opportunities. I think that the Under 20's in 2016 will be about the same strength as this year and the Cutters will be better in 2017 than in 2016. The NRL side should be improved if we do not select has beens
with average skills and promote players with strong scoring ability with sound defence.

Carlton

Juniors
I don't think it is an either/or, and I have never really understood why many seem to paint it this way.

If a junior is the best option then make sure they have a pathway to first grade, if no juniors are capable of stepping up then make sure we understand the type of player we need and buy them. Just don't go and buy players without a solid plan in place and without making certain that no junior is waiting to do the job.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
In 2016 once Packer and Frizell went off the team had no forward impact. Until they returned we had a hopeless
forward pack which made no impact.
Sims, Host and Leilua when used improved the go forward which should be improved with the addition of Masoe and Vaughan. I will look forward to watching our forwards next year especially without the erratic brain snaps of Rein. Either McInnes or Havili will be a welcome improvement at hooker.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I think a poster stated that Korbin was a better option than a number of our forwards including Host.

And quite rightly, many disagree given Host's potential.

If the preference is based on potential, fine. I personally don't see anything more than average potential, but I'd be very happy to be proven wrong.

KiamaSaint

Coach
I think a poster stated that Korbin was a better option than a number of our forwards including Host.

And quite rightly, many disagree given Host's potential.
I know the context, and I would be happy to give Host a go, he looks like a talent. However, my point stands, why we paint it as an either/or makes no sense to me.

Edit: Particularly given we could do with a half.

monsterkev

Juniors
Whats it gonna be
Host is either good or just ok or not going to cut the mustard
Im sick of some of of the fellow posters attacking certain comments then shut their fat mouths for others
I still think host will be average
So suck it up

monsterkev

Juniors
When are people going to accept the fact saints need to recruit for 2018
Therefore korbin would be a good acquisition for then
We can get rid of the dead wood and actually try to get some good players the juniors will get some experience this year but it could take several years to bear fruit so i dont want to blood a team of juniors over the next few years
If they dont do any good over a couple of seasons then what we have already suffered 6 seasons of shit, enough is enough
You cannot expect a team of juniors to perform immediately

monsterkev

Juniors
One word should be driving management and recruitment is JUNIORS[/QUOTE
Im just glad someone else is recruiting

hermidale1

Juniors
Whats it gonna be
Host is either good or just ok or not going to cut the mustard
Im sick of some of of the fellow posters attacking certain comments then shut their fat mouths for others
I still think host will be average
So suck it up
All good there champ but perhaps its you that needs to suck it up as you have not backed your opinion with facts. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and you are as well. I just find it amusing that you resort to sarcasm when asked. Or is it too much of a challenge? Not attacking anyone. Just curious how you formed your opinion.