What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOTW - vs Manly

macavity

Referee
whoevers thunder im stealing, sorry ;-)

can a mod sticky this?

mine -

2 - Joey
1 - Perry
1 - Carmont
1 - Quinn
1 - Hinton

how good is it to struggle to split em, rather than struggle to find someone worthy...

Jono078

Referee
I got no idea so im going

1 - Johns
1 - Hinton
1 - Quinn
1 - Carmont
1 - Perry
1 - Newton

WooKiie

Juniors
too hard for me to decide

everyone gets a point.!!! we played excellent tonight...individually as well as a team...

Ben

Bench
2 - Newton
1 - Johns
1 - Hinton
1 - Mullen
1 - Perry

(0.5 to all the other players)

Deadset, everyone played so well that all of them should've received points tonight.

strewth_mate

Bench
Jesus, this is tough :crazy: Defence this week was a whole team effort so I can't praise anybody for being more 'solid' so I'll go on who had an individual performance that made the difference.

3 - Johns: A cliched vote of course, but he looked to be fully in charge tonight and lead by example. The team made him look that much better it must be said, but I don't think much he did could be put down to fluke, he knew what he was doing and looked composed and confident and the game flowed nicely from his hands. Some very clever touches to put some bodies into gaps and get us going forward out wide when the game was tight.

1 - Hinton: Mostly because he didn't do anything wrong under huge pressure but also because he turned it around and looked dangerous himself. Committed and confident as well and took a lot of punishment.

1 - Quinn: Rare opportunities in attack, though had a few strong runs when we were close to our own line, but a couple of individually brilliant plays in defence helped us seal the victory and he shut down his wing with Carmont very effectively. I was so thrilled to see him put in the effort to chase down Hicks after dropping off early and then effect the tackle, not to mention dragging him into touch. Besides that he was an actual presence in defence all game and he seems very committed to chase down breaks especially trailing Stewart in his try.

1 - Gidley: Had a blinder of a first half, strong defence and clever attack and looks years younger. We play that much better when is on his game and gets involved, and when the team knows how to respond to the opportunities he can create.

Obviously the points are dodgy because I don't think Johns was 2 points better than the others but I do think he was our best; the 6 point total limit is the main reason for his 3 points. Missing out were Mullen, particularly for his defence, Carmont for the same (he can be pretty vicious when he hits them), Carney and Newton. I'm just thrilled we played well as a team this time.

antonius

Coach
2=Newton. Thought he was awesome in defense and attack, made some huge busts, and hardly went to ground with the ball.
2=Hinton. Safe as houses, made a great bust for Carmonts try, scored one himself, and showed great maturity in a very important game.
1= Johns. Does what he does best, called he plays, ran the show.
1=Perry. Was our battering ram, hurt early on, but came back to his season best last night.
Mentions= the whole team, there wasn't a poor display by anyone, hard not to give a few points, but there's only six available.

Frederick

Staff member
:lol: I had prepared a 5000 word essay justifying the players I chose, but I don't want to risk being flamed by shane1970, so I won't post it :p

3. Newton
2. Johns
1. Hinton

Big Tim

First Grade
2. Gidley. 1 point for each final pass in the first 2 tries.
2. Perry. 1 point for each hussle play to cover deflected kicks (yes I did say Perry and hussle :shock: ) Made some good hit ups aswell.
1. Quinn. for the game winning-try-saving tackle on Hicks
1. Tanner. for the good effort in holding Monaghan? up early in the first game.

Unlucky were Quigley, who was involved in the Tanner tackle and Carmont who's defense was great but is becoming our best option in attack.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
2 - Hinton - took everything that the Manly players threw at him, included being smashed at least two times as soon as he took a few bombs. One shot by Kennedy in particular, he just stood straight back to his feet and played the ball. Looked dangerous every time he touched the ball.

2 - Mullen - some on here might think I'm slightly biased towards Mullo, but I thought he had one of his best games in FG. Led the kick chase a fair amount of the time, and more often than not, made the tackle. Took a few high shots, but bounced back and scored a try while being slapped across the face by that girl Stewart :p

1 - Johns - No explanation really required, set up all of our tries, kicked five goals and led the team around perfectly.

1 - Quinn - Why are we letting him go for? Came up with about three trysavers and made good metres whenever he touched the ball. We should have used Carney's money to top up Quinny's contract, but that can't be changed now unfortunately.

All the other 13 players are desperately unlucky not to get any points, but it was good to see players like Lowrie and Tanner actually "having a go!"

Kazaf

Juniors
Most of the backline were excellent
Many points to give away

1 - Johns
1 - Perry
1 - Mullen
1 - Hinton
1 - Gidley
1 - Quinn

knights9

Juniors