What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Krispy Kreme Donuts: Nothing Special

Azkatro

First Grade
If you held Krispy Kremes in front of me next to freshly made hot cinnamon donuts from Donut King with a lime thickshake it would be no contest. Krispy Kremes would have been shat on, after the Donut King offering had been processed by my system and converted into excrement, to really humiliate and underscore the one sidedness of the contest.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
in America you can get a KK burger from McDonalds

its got about 1000 grams of fat

should just call it a fat burger

Shorty

Staff member
LOL.
What the hell?
KK's are sweet donuts,what would it taste like?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
there was a thread here about a year ago about it

cbf looking for it

_Johnsy

Referee
when i last flew down to sydney, i brought a box home. Nothing amazing, however they are the best donuts, and I know donuts ;-)

Shorty

Staff member
Twizzle,I saw the KK burger,apparently 1000 cal LOL!
It looks disgusting..

Tom Shines

First Grade
Krispy Kreme Original is made from an actual dough as such, rather than the cake kind of mixture used by Donut King (and the cruller style ones of KK).

Main difference is it contains yeast, thus creating the fluffy centre. And with a thin glaze (sugar, water, vanilla flavour) you get a great tasting donut. They have to raise through that proofer though first — the cake ones simply drop into the oil. This increases cooking time by about 30 minutes.

I should know — I (and CliffyisGod) used to work there.

Shorty

Staff member
I went to DK the other day,I can understand how one would find them similar - To an extent.
DK doesn't melt in your mouth and have you savouring every bite.

Latest posts