What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kristian Woolf tactics

From reports it appears that the only tactics he used for Tonga in the series against England was take it up the middle and one out football, and the Tongan's got whitewashed
I hope for Dolphins fans his tactical nous improves before he takes over from Wayne Bennett.

League guru

Juniors
From reports it appears that the only tactics he used for Tonga in the series against England was take it up the middle and one out football, and the Tongan's got whitewashed
I hope for Dolphins fans his tactical nous improves before he takes over from Wayne Bennett.
I actually thought that's how they play rugby league in the NRL these days. Run one out, then kick on the 6th having sent your defenders downtown to stand next to the kick receiver (no chance of being penalised). Then in defence lay or dawdle through the ruck to slow the attackers down. But of course never think outside the box, for fear of deviating from the game plan. Woolf should be able to manage that.

MugaB

Coach
I actually thought that's how they play rugby league in the NRL these days. Run one out, then kick on the 6th having sent your defenders downtown to stand next to the kick receiver (no chance of being penalised). Then in defence lay or dawdle through the ruck to slow the attackers down. But of course never think outside the box, for fear of deviating from the game plan. Woolf should be able to manage that.
Dragons game plan 101