What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kurt Dillon

Lol. Extreme fishing.
not at all. As supporters have we become that bad? The guy is a local junior who dreamed of playing for his club. He's done everythign right by the club. The club has decided hes not good enough & I probably agree. I don't get the hate at all.

Ads

First Grade
not at all. As supporters have we become that bad? The guy is a local junior who dreamed of playing for his club. He's done everythign right by the club. The club has decided hes not good enough & I probably agree. I don't get the hate at all.
Who hates him? I think he's a terrible footy player, probably a great guy though.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Be interesting to see how he goes at Rabbits, its not as if he is going to a bottom club, so it will be a challenge making there team as well.

It does leave a spot in the 30, we have a few young forwards coming through thinking of props, Wesly Lolo, Daniel Vasquez, but think it could be Cruz Topia he is in Flegg we purchased him from Rabbits he looked likely in trial this year playing FG

chewsta

First Grade
A bit of work with a sprint coach and he might come good. Cant fault the kids effort but he just looked like he was running in knee deep water out there. Good luck to him wherever he plays.

coolumsharkie

Referee
He's one of these guys that will be a better FRF as he matures, you don't make FG for nothing. As I said in game threads when he played for us, he's a few years off.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Who hates him? I think he's a terrible footy player, probably a great guy though.

Who hates anyone? Word gets bandied about too much.

I dont hate Felix for example, in fact, I respect certain things about him that never get talked about in here and would be behind a potential move home.

Over rated in the extreme though. Even by the same journos who every man and his dog in here despise. The ones who opinions have no credibilty or reapect.

Go figure.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Who hates anyone? Word gets bandied about too much.

I dont hate Felix for example, in fact, I respect certain things about him that never get talked about in here and would be behind a potential move home.

Over rated in the extreme though. Even by the same journos who every man and his dog in here despise. The ones who opinions have no credibilty or reapect.

Go figure.

Over rated my arse!!

I hope you're not suggesting that some of us only see the value (overhype) because The f**kwit and his dopey bunch Fox Sports crew say so?

Everyone is saying it because it's true!!!!!

A good percentage of the Bulldogs presser was about how good Val is/was and Blind f**king Freddy can see that Val is an elite player in rich form. Nit-picking his defence in 50/50 situations like e.g. The Morris break , is pure trolling.

If he stays and I don't think he will, but if he does he will be one of the best backs to ever throw on a Sharks jumper, probably already is but he may lose that title by f**king off just like Rat.

Carry on.

Edit: I hope the Roosters think he's over rated lol

Frenzy.

Immortal
Over rated my arse!!

I hope you're not suggesting that some of us only see the value (overhype) because The f**kwit and his dopey bunch Fox Sports crew say so?

Everyone is saying it because it's true!!!!!

A good percentage of the Bulldogs presser was about how good Val is/was and Blind f**king Freddy can see that Val is an elite player in rich form. Nit-picking his defence in 50/50 situations like e.g. The Morris break , is pure trolling.

If he stays and I don't think he will, but if he does he will be one of the best backs to ever throw on a Sharks jumper, probably already is but he may lose that title by f**king off just like Rat.

Carry on.

Edit: I hope the Roosters think he's over rated lol

One can NOT be the best fullback in the game, let alone in the NRL, when they have the defensive deficiencies Felix has.

The Morris break is just one of a long line of defensive errors and not being prepared to put his body in the line

That’s just a fact.

BTW, I am saying “I hope you're not suggesting that some of us only see the value (overhype) because The f**kwit and his dopey bunch Fox Sports crew say so?” because it’s true.

Half the idiots in here just come in and rehash what they hear on telly or the radio.

Couldn’t form an opinion to save themselves.

FACT

MilkShark

First Grade
Holmes has turned his game around big time but yeah that miss on Morris was embarrassing.

Has a lot to work on defensively.

shaggs

Coach
Pre origin Holmes I wasn’t sold on. He struggled at fullback, both in attack and defence. Wasn’t even that great in the wing.

Post Holmes I have come around to him as right up there for attacking fullbacks. Every time he gets the ball from open field he is potentially making a break, just like RTS a few years ago.
And yes he has defensive issues. Very very few 21 year olds with the attacking flair like him are defensively set.
As he matures and grows into the role, I expect the defensive part to really develop. His positioning has improved, the body on the line is certainly better and maybe even the defensive talk and instructions have come along to. There is room to grow and improve 100%.

Post origin Holmes I want in our team, every day of the week.
Pre origin Holmes could have been at the cowboys for all I cared.

At the same age, how was barba at defence. What about slater or even Tedesco. Those guys are the benchmark fullbacks.

These are the fullbacks in the comp.
Tedesco
Slater
Johnston
Holmes
DWZ
Dufty
Boyd
RTS
Mbye
Wighton
Ponga
Martin
Hopoate
Gordon
Turbo
Hayne

Which one of these guys was perfect defensively as a fullback at 21??
None of them?

Attack is natural, but defensive smarts are learned. They say front towers develop later, they definately do. Why? Because more than half the work they do is defensive. They have to learn when to chase hard, when to hang back, when to make the effort of being the third or fourth guy in. Do I make 5 tackles in a row and be gassed for the offensive set??

One of the greatest sharks was an attacking genius from 17. Defensively he was a weak point.
He grew and learned until there wasn’t a better defensive centre in the comp.

Give the bloke time to grow physically and mentally for defence. If he does he will be the best player in the comp.
We are tainted because he saw him in 2014, and feel must be older.

cb4

First Grade
f**k sake, some of you don't deserve nice things. Still complaining about Holmes despite him being one of the best players in the comp.
State of this place.

On Dillon, he lived his dream, unfortunately he just wasn't good enough to keep it going.
Good luck to him at Souths, hopefully a change gets him on the right track.

coolumsharkie

Referee
The Morris break is just one of a long line of defensive errors and not being prepared to put his body in the line

That’s just a fact.

If you're going to use facts then you can't use that one. It's a 50/50 every day of the week and nothing to do with putting your body on the line.

Either Morris sidesteps inside or outside plain and simple. Holmes was good enough to get his body in the way to slow his momentum and Morris was good enough to get around Val i.e. he did his job and helped slow him up to the cover defence.. Dugan got a great don't argue from one of the best but it was pretty lazy just the same.

Holmes has some defensive issues still, I don't think anyone will argue about that, straight after that attempted tackle he was gassed and couldn't make it back to position in time for the try, which looked a bit lazy watching it on TV.