What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kurt Gidley

MC DUI

Juniors
Gooba said:
51 games 23 trys 18 goals and 1 feild goal.
played in and out of first grade for 2 years prior to this year.
has played in a number of positions (centre, half back and five eighth)
In the nsw Squad at the age of 22.
Filled andrew johns boots fine for the knights.
CMON!!! this guys a champion!! he WILL be in the origin side next year!
And he still has 10 years in him!!

:clap: Well said Gooba, couldn't agree more.

Kaz

junior
Glad Kidley re-signed with Newcastle.

Everyone that came up with the Origin 18th man scenario (Roosters are wanting to sign hi) were wrong.) :roll:

Alex28

Coach
no Kaz...just means either Newcastle paid more or the Roosters now have a different option (cough *firman* cough)

bluesbreaker

Bench
Look, it's my opinion that Kurt Gidley IS NOT the next Knights superstar.

To me, it feels like the other teams in the NRL hadn't quite figured his game out and didn't know what to expect from the little guy, but now they have he's being shut down.

God, I like all the Knights fans (notice the words "Knights fans"... Tigermite and that rooster guy are cool as well though) that frequent this site, but it's like a lot of you don't ever say anything bad about the team in fear of them playing awful.

Luck doesn't exist, and us being positive has no effect on the players. Christ, after a toweling from the Cowgirls, there seems to be very few positives around our team atm.

(This is not to say i'm not a fan, I have been since the beginning and i will be at my end)

keeney

First Grade
i wanna know how much they paid... isnt it strange, the only player definitely backing up is tahu... :lol: how things change

princessjen

Juniors
Look, it's my opinion that Kurt Gidley IS NOT the next Knights superstar.

i think he has a lot of potential. if he had gone to another club we probably would have been sorry in a few years

thuganomics

Coach
keeney said:
i wanna know how much they paid... isnt it strange, the only player definitely backing up is tahu... :lol: how things change

I was surprised as hell aswell. Maybe Tahus bad luck with Injuries is over :) In that case... we have to sign him right NOW!!

Nuffy

Bench
I'd say he got less than he wanted and we thought, by signing for two years, his contract is up at the same time as Joeys and there will be plenty of money around for an upgrade.

Also for what its worth, I don't think Tahu will leave, he'll get the good contract he wants.

antonius

Coach
The figure reported is $175,000 per season, which if correct is pretty reasonable. I also agree with Bluesbreaker somewhat, Kidley still has a way to go before being touted as the next big thing. So far he has been pretty much what we are used to from him, couple of good games mixed with some ordinary ones, there are still a lot of areas that need to improve. I'm tending towards agreeing he won't be the long term answer at Halfback, probably a utility much like Wing, but hey who knows? As he gets more time in the possi maybe he'll come on in leaps and bounds. But at $175,000 per season he's a good investment.

~bedsy~

First Grade
It's great thet we have re-signed him... I heard it on NBN last night and was really happy about it.
I think he has a way to go... I think he is suited more to 5/8 than half though.

Ben

Bench
come on, you cant give him too much...remember, he is basically carrying the whole knights pack on his shoulders

Alex28

Coach
i generally get the feeling that Rebecca Wilson's column in the Sunday Telegraph is a load of shit, but i sincerely hope that the rumour suggesting that the Knights paid $320,000 a year for Kurt Kidley is completely wrong...

Nuffy

Bench
I saw the column also.

I can be sure there is no way they paid 320K. The figure of around 175k seems fair.

As usual, she is talking shit.

Latest posts